Did patch 1.1 mess with the LOD Distance?

+
LOD is lower and i want a setting to have it even further to ultra, rather than reducing it :sad:
so I am going to wait for mods to unlock it beyond.

Last edited:
I really hope the next patches will adress this issue on PC
If not then yes we'll have to count on mods...
I just hope changing the lod won't prove as difficult as in Witcher 3.
As someone mentioned a few days ago there still is no Witcher 3 mod that increases the lod without causing other problems and visual glitches...That's quite crazy after almost 6 years.
Hopefully with Cyberpunk 2077 having the code of versions 1.02 to 1.06 might help ?

PS : I'm not a modder and have no particular technical knowledge

Last edited:
I has a weird experience yesterday when I started up the game. The first time after Patch 1.1.

It was as if the viewing distance had been expanded and you looked into a tunnel somehow or a looking glass. It was as if the game was stretched into the horizon. Not extreme but enough to make me fell dizzy. I couldn't really get a grip of the graphics as they felt unreal, like you were stinking drunk somehow?

I checked my NVIDIA Experience settings and everything looked fine.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mod it, there's a LOD mod that pushes the LOD and draw-in.
Not having these issues because this mod overrides the bad LODs'

Find it over at NEXUS

Yeah, far as I know it seems to work. I haven't noticed any horrible LOD going on.
Make sure to open up the file in notepad though and bump the value up to .50 if you really want to push the draw distance.

Yeah, far as I know it seems to work. I haven't noticed any horrible LOD going on.
Make sure to open up the file in notepad though and bump the value up to .50 if you really want to push the draw distance.

Interesting. Can you provide a link to the mod? The only one I see is called "Draw distance boost" and according to reviews it only seems to have worked on early versions of the game.

PSA: The mod does still work (it's just an .ini change you can easily replicate yourself) and it does increase the distance for many things, however it comes with its own issues, and more importantly it does not magically fix all LOD problems we are currently facing. For example, you can indeed increase the distance at which the container from my screenshot comparison gets the low res details, but all the lights in the Afterlife and probably everywhere else are disappearing just the same

PSA: The mod does still work (it's just an .ini change you can easily replicate yourself) and it does increase the distance for many things, however it comes with its own issues, and more importantly it does not magically fix all LOD problems we are currently facing. For example, you can indeed increase the distance at which the container from my screenshot comparison gets the low res details, but all the lights in the Afterlife and probably everywhere else are disappearing just the same

I guess it also does not affect cars ?
To me, LOD on cars seems like the most noticeable downgrade brought by patch 1.1
When I'm walking through the streets I'll now regularly see an incoming car rendered like a "blob" before suddenly turning into a detailed car as it passes next to me. Fortunately it does not happen with every car but I definitely get this once in a while.
And this is happening while playing the game on ultra settings on a PC with i9-10900k, rtx 3090, 64 gb ddr4 and m.2 SSD...

Last edited:
We really need to have two LOD sliders, one for objects and one for lighting. They need to go from basically the tip of V's nose to so far away that no PC can possibly run it that way (basically the entire visible screen space). That way we can find something that works for everybody.

Possibly better than sliders would actually be numeric fields where we enter the distance in meters for the LOD transition, 0-10000 or something similar.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I've noticed popping lights like that before 1.1.
I would like to increase LOD too.
Especially for lighting and shadows.

Maybe add a Psycho mode for PC?

Last edited:
It doesnt work. Why is it not possible to get the LOD system 1.6 back ?

Last edited:
Yes agree, it's cruel.

You walk through the city and everywhere Things Pop up right in front of you (like lights and window details on facades) and the textures change from muddy to sharp only 20m away from you.
The "High LOD Bubble" around you has felt halved (or decreased even more).

Furthermore, the "simulated traffic" has become unbelievably obvious in the distance. It is especially noticeable when you drive out of the city. 200m from you "super dense traffic" which disappears as soon as it hits the "bubble".

I hate to say it but why do we PC gamers suffer so much because of the potato consoles?
Why is there no LOD Bubble Range Slider?

Last edited:
They're still fixing this game. Hell the rain doesn't even show up 90% of the time it rains. You know how weird it is
to see wet streets, puddles with visible splashes from rain droplets yet no rain effect? Immersion breaking!

Has anyone found a fix for the weird disappearing / reappearing of entire assets (including super large buildings!) that comes with LoD change?

I see lots of ppl here complaining about the LoD texture detail suddenly increasing or decreasing, which is fair, but to me the far worse issue is that oftentimes the entire asset disappears as the game "switches over" from one LoD detail to the next.

I can be patient with sudden LoD changes.. but not when the entire asset / mesh disappears before your eyes!

I'm still on 1.06 and I noticed how car models transition from the low poly version to the high one when they're already close to the camera especially if the car is approaching fast. I don't think it's a memory or mass storage speed problem as I use a pretty fast rig. Never had that issue with 1.04

Every patch seems to brings down graphics a notch on PC (and according to what I read here, there isn't even a framerate benefit for PC users)

Top Bottom