Did patch 1.1 mess with the LOD Distance?

+
I have had issues with LOD and pop in from the original release of the game up until this patch. Other people seem to have had this issue seemingly at random whenever a patch comes out. I don't know what causes it, but it's certainly not unique to this patch.

Yea but "reduce" seems to be an understatement, no? I mean thinks are disappearing right infront of me, as seen in the two videos. Or here this container:
CDPR took the dramatic and extreme way to do this. Reminds me of Skyrim LOD settings. if you want better performance on a potato PC, reduce it all the way down and you will see object appearing out of thin air in game. They should have made two different settings for this. One for PC and the other is for Consoles instead of forcing everyone to go through this. And there are better way to improve performance one of them is reworking or improving the Streaming tech.

CDPR took the dramatic and extreme way to do this. Reminds me of Skyrim LOD settings. if you want better performance on a potato PC, reduce it all the way down and you will see object appearing out of thin air in game. They should have made two different settings for this. One for PC and the other is for Consoles instead of forcing everyone to go through this. And there are better way to improve performance one of them is reworking or improving the Streaming tech.

We even have three different LOD distance settings. Things like that to happen on the highest setting is a bummer, and I hope they'll re-adjust

patch 1.1 has completely damaged my game (PC / GOG)!

i was one of the lucky ones who had to struggle with only very, very few bugs from start to finish. it was never worth complaining about!

since patch 1.1 all screens ingame show a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs ...everything) load very, very late / build up little by little.

cars are upside down in "some" places, burning and exploding.... WTF!

at many points in the game the npcs are standing inside the cars on the side of the road and have conversations....

the game is now completely broken for me and absolutely unplayable!

it's 100% not because of my "high end" hardware regarding the late loading textures or something like this. before the game was a smooth, a 1 plus for me.
I have already repaired cp2077 but unfortunately without success... the errors still remains as described.

can someone "PLEASE" forward this to cdpr? they only break more with their patches!

(are we their guinea pigs? i have uninstalled the game #CRY)

Well now people on low end PCs proudly run the game on max settings. Except they actually run it on medium which a new high.

i have reinstalled the game now including only 1.06 patch. runs smooth without graphic problems. then i have installed 1.1 again - BANG - graphic problems are back! all screens in game a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs - everything) is loaded very, very late / builds up little by little... this is what cdpr wanted... they didn't know how to implement it differently because of the console players and now they didn't differentiate between the platforms. they were looking for a stress-free middle ground and this is what they came up with... if you know what you have to pay attention to visually you could go crazy... i'm going to uninstall it "again" and only install 1.06 to be able to play it flawlessly in the usual noble graphic. we can't let cdpr use us as a test subjects for "paid" alpha and beta phases... that's really going too far.

i have reinstalled the game now including only 1.06 patch. runs smooth without graphic problems. then i have installed 1.1 again - BANG - graphic problems are back! all screens in game a strange flashing. all textures (buildings, cars, signs - everything) is loaded very, very late / builds up little by little... this is what cdpr wanted... they didn't know how to implement it differently because of the console players and now they didn't differentiate between the platforms. they were looking for a stress-free middle ground and this is what they came up with... if you know what you have to pay attention to visually you could go crazy... i'm going to uninstall it "again" and only install 1.06 to be able to play it flawlessly in the usual noble graphic. we can't let cdpr use us as a test subjects for "paid" alpha and beta phases... that's really going too far.

1.1, nine more patches like this and we're playing cyberpunk 2.0 ;)

No but seriously, after having had a break from this game I was looking forward to some stability/QoL from this patch and play over the weekend but reading the forums it seems like this patch needs it own hotfix and since steam appears to force me to update I guess the break's extended.

Yes, they made the lighting LOD more aggressive across the board. It was there before but used to only be really noticeable when driving down a freeway or straight road at night due to the streetlight pop in. Now there is very noticeable lighting LOD everywhere.

I suspect they wanted to add this to boost console performance, the PC version has become a casualty in the crossfire though.

Yeah same here, all flying cars are disappeared from the air (LOD distance for sure)... w.t.f. now (all) the sky is empty !! We are on PC, we don't need this bullsh*t !!! Please CDPR fix this, please wake up, fix THIS !!!!! (custom settings, all on High) :giveup:

For Devs. : Go west to the seaside, starting from V's apartment (the starting one) and see this problem yourself. :facepalm:

Top Bottom