Did patch 1.1 mess with the LOD Distance?

+
maybe rhis is nvidia related?i see that most people with graphics problems use nvidia cards ?

Weird,i dont see this lod issues.im running the game on an AMD RX 480. weird....

If you want a proof of "LOD's problem" (another?) since the 1.1, go here :
lod prob 1.1.jpg

.. and see by yourself, what happens when cars take off or land. :ok:

PC, custom preset, all in High + density on High, no RT, no dlss and no CAS, 1080p.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments and testing, chooms. After someone had sent me a video of how those issues in the Afterlife were already there in 1.03, I wasn't so certain anymore, but now I know that the LOD distance, which always has been messed up, really got more noticeably bad with Patch 1.1.
I wish you could roll back to an older patch on Steam as easy as you can on GoG ^^

Level of detail. What happened. To get the game to work better on PS4 and XB1. They trigger the lower models earlier. They didn't isolate this solely to console versions. It's affecting PC. Where it's not needed in most cases.

Exactly, for sure..!!! :facepalm:On my side, i have contacted the support, with screen, DxDiag and a video (~86Mb) is ready for shipping. :giveup:

I've done some testing with the new patch and I can definitely see some unfortunate changes on my PC...

There is a lot more pop in on some objects, some buildings appearing with details late, cars in particular rendering much later than before etc.
Rarely had these things with previous versions (I'm playing with ultra settings and RT ultra on a high end PC equipped with a fast SSD).

Difficult to understand, in my opinion the PC version does not need so called performance improvements since there are already a lot of ingame settings to make it playable on all machines.
There is no need to "improve performance" by downgrading the visual quality of the game.

Also noticed npcs spawning and despawning has gotten worse, with occasionnaly half a dozen npcs despawning. Flying cars now also appear and disappear out of thin air...
As suggested by one user here I went to the piers west of Little China and the way the fliying cars' behaviour is definitely messed up.

Hopefully the next patch will correct these issues.

Last edited:
Framerate is indeed more stable and higher but at drastic cost of visual fidelity, playing on PC on 2K ultrawide on 1080Ti, almost all on max (just selected sliders on low, medium like screen space reflections quality) . Geometry LOD settings and maybe even texture resolution settings has been visibly downgraded in 1.1. Game was beautiful and looks ugly now :(
There is some LOD related DecalsHideDistance config option in rendering.ini but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Give me my HiFi back :(

A very strange pop in here, close to Megabuilding 8 in Japantown :

You can see the exact location here :
20210126_223826.jpg

Would be curious to see if someone still running 1.06 has this ?

Last edited:
Why don't they just give us the ability to change LOD distance ourselves even on console so we can choose if we want game a little slower but it looks good or if we want high fps and it looks like shit.

Well on Xbox Series X you apparently at least have the choice between "performance" and "quality" mode.
First one boosts fps but lowers resolution, second sticks to 30 fps but improves resolution (not sure if it affects lod).
Seems like a good thing.
Nothing comparable on the PS5 version strangely.

As regards old gen consoles, well I guess the devs are on a "mission impossible" to get 30 fps while still keeping decent visuals...

And finally for the PC version there already are a looot of ingame settings with which you can mess, including LOD (low, medium and high) but for some reason even at "high" I'm now getting cars approaching with low res and rendering completely only when they come closer (and yes, I have a top rig with ssd drive so nothing to do with that).

The whole thing is a bit baffling, for a 2020 game Cyberpunk 2077 really has a lot of pop in and lod problems compared to much older openworld games.

Last edited:
i noticed similar stuff for lights on pc, but its not as severe as in those videos.
i think changes like that should be for consoles only

the game runs fine, if your hardware can handle it
Post automatically merged:

unpopular suggestion:
crank up the hardware requirements ditch consoles outright

Last edited:
yah we should have the option to use this IF we want and the problem is high res textures loading slower for things not in view, so if you turn too fast, you'll see some of those low textures occasionally , fallout games have mods made to tinker with those settings, a better approach would be to have those in advanced settings rather than have these optimizations always imposed on us, to a degree we may not want.

Top Bottom