Did the latest patch actually fix anything in your game?

+
All of the bugs I had before are still there. Brendan still doesn't interact, with the quest marker over his head. The driving fixes have had no affect on my driving experience. I still experienced the bug in the Mall where you can't access the Cinema. And on it goes.

I know that the patch is installed because my game is now version 1.2.

The truth is that I have not noticed any difference at all.

Anyone else have the same experience?

I noticed improved performance but I still cannot scan literally ANY CLUES. My game is literally straight up unplayable, I CAN'T scan ANY yellow items what so ever.

I'm experiencing more bugs than at launch. I'm experiencing bugs now, that I previously only saw on youtube.

Some people are reporting that it has to do with old saves. Haven't checked myself yet, but maybe start a new game and compare?

The 1.2 patch has done an amazing job...

Of turning my PC version into a last gen console version. Missing textures, texture clipping errors on transparencies, Driving is even worse regardless of the menu setting, Strange specular patterns on metallic surfaces, weapons refusing to fire unless I do a reload, more mission bugs forcing reloads, hung dialog bugs...

I ended up backing out to 1.12

Yes.

I could see a lot of improvements in my gameplay. Yes missing iten icons in inventory is a new thing but it certainly fixed way more stuff.

Fixed a lot of little things for me, but also broke a few things, or made them easier to bug out.

So like Wakako's dialogue when calling V to initiate Sinnerman is restored and the sleeping position is fixed, but I now have a bug for Kold Mirage and the dreaded shutter glitch in I Walk The Line.

And... as of writing I'm nearly 40 hours into a new game/save and I've only had one crash, on PS4 that's spectacular.

Interesting. I might have to start a new game to see if there are significant changes for me. I'm done with pretty much all but the main quest at this point.

I should add that the game has been remarkably stable and issue-free for me, with just a few bugs. However I was really hoping the driving would be easier because driving/racing missions are torture for me and I missed out on all of Sinnerman because I couldn't do the initial chase. I would have loved an option to skip that part of the quest.

How about adding a fresh install and a new game? Of course 0 mods.
I'm really wondering about such disparity in game experience. I'm having 0 issues described by most players, which is weird, considering my rig is just about average...

When I play a new game I'll do a fresh install, see if that makes a difference. So far I've really only noticed the two main quest bugs and a few minor annoyances and graphical glitches, plus one issue that came and went during sneak missions where a reload turned the area status to Combat.

Haven't tried it yet. I quit playing at least two months ago, due to the scripted linear campaign game play vs what the game was heavily touted to be pre release. I did perform a quick review of the 1.2 release notes last night--it appeared virtually all the update was fixes for various bugs, performance issues, etc. And, more importantly, to me (I've had virtually no PC performance issues, or suffered from any game breaking bugs)there was no deleted/deactivated, or new content in 1.2.

I'm disappointed, but given the widely reported performance issues and bugs; across multiple platforms I understand CDPR prioritizing fixes for that type of stuff over putting deactivated, or new content in game. Assuming the update fixes more issues than it creates (I'm in counseling and on medication for UUS [Ubisoft Update Syndrome]); 1.2 hopefully allows people who spent good money on a game that has been barely playable to completely unplayable to get into it at last.

As I've got several mods installed in v1.12, and the 1.2 update includes NEW mod installation location/s; I'm debating whether I want to even bother with uninstalling CP, cleaning out the remnants manually, then reinstalling CP as well as updated versions (if available) of the mods; only to start another play through of the same scripted linear very disappointing game I haven't played for two months.

It is baffling to see and read all those widely different experiences.

For me, on a good PC, it made the game playable and enjoyable. I am still disappointed in the final outcome of the game VS what was advertised (let alone the lingering bad taste of CDPR's bad practices pre-launch), but it now has become pretty enjoyable for what it is.

Still some weird things happening, visual oddities and so on, but no crashes and no game breaking bugs.

How can we all have such a wildly different experience?

For me, it seems to have two new bugs for every bug fixed.

But hey, at least crafting mats are dirt cheap now, and my Lizzie is Legendary finally.

So that's...something.

I have 100% crash somewhere between 0 minutes and 60 minutes of playing the game - more crashes than in December.

I have also discovered a gamebreaking bug in GYM - I cannot get to the cinema because door will not open for me - this is the first time it happend for me. I am stuck. New save. New build. Can't progress.

Those "patches" are more about marketing and less about actually fixing something. The game and its engine must be a mess under the hood if they can't find solutions to major bugs in the main story! :/

My status for base PS4
* No more crashes after patch 1.06
* Only ended up below the gaming surface once, when I wanted to interact with a static defense in the location where a lot of corpo attack security somewhere in santo domingo. The HMG emplacement is on 5-step elevated building entrance. I ended ip behind the steps inside the ground as it were. It was specifically triggered when ending the hacking minigame.
* Never had any game breaking bugs or glitches that I encountered where I could not continue.
* Worst bug/glitch that persisted: motorcycles falling from the sky.
* Still persisting glitches: certain loot cant be picked up

That pretty much sums ip the issues

Top Bottom