Did the latest patch actually fix anything in your game?

+
I know this must be frustrating for players, but . . . I find the premise rather hilarious. Today's forecast: Mostly cloudy, with a chance of heavy motorbikes in the late afternoon, gradually clearing; slight chance of mini-scooters possible in the evening.
It was not in the least bit frustrating really. Half the time I was in need of a ride so it came gifted from the heavens :)
Which reminds me, I made a short recording of where this also happened with my own vehicles. The experience of those few minutes was rather exceptionally fun. I have to make a note to myself to edit the video and put it up ;)

On XBSX, there still only two noticeable bugs who I have encounter in 1.22 (multiple times). It seem weird, because those ones were be fix a while ago.
-During "Automatic Love" : At the end, impossible to pickup your weapons and leave the Clouds.
-During "Pyramid Song" : Judy is teleported under the ground.
For the both, It solve with just reloading a previous save.

Otherwise, for all the rest, I put up with it without problem :)

[490 hours of game play]

I've experienced four quest related bugs/glitches so far (some of them before 1.22)
  • Both Sides Now:
    Judy doesn't call back after the quest and keeps staring at a closed window. Quest Ex-Factor doesn't start.
  • Happy Together:
    It was possible to talk to Barry's police-friends before visiting Andrew's grave, which bricked the quest.
  • I Walked the Line:
    I've shot the NetWatch guy after having a chat with him and he transformed into chewing gum.
  • Getting Warmer:
    It's not possible to jump from the balcony with BugBear on V's shoulders. BugBear freezes mid-air, game crashed a few seconds later.
Other issues like texture flickering or crashing, always have been able to be fixed by validating / verifying the game files via GOG or Steam. I had to reinstall the game once because it didn't launch. I'm recently experiencing some crashing again, which might be caused by the quest Getting Warmer, or the legendary Quickhack System Reset. I've now verified the files again but further testing is needed. All in all, it doesn't crash as often anymore.

Noticeable improvements:
When calling V's car, it doesn't spawn inside another car anymore.
Improved responsiveness when Quick-hacking. Icons on objects pop up way faster now.
I'm no longer issued for warrant when people intentionally jump in front of my car while driving slowly.
I'm no longer issued for warrant when attacking an enemy before combat state.

Last edited:
Happy Together:
It was possible to talk to Barry's police-friends before visiting Andrew's grave, which bricked the quest.
It's intentional :)
Visit Andrew's grave is "optional" objective.
Like it's "optional" to talk about Andrew with Barry.
For both, if you don't do it, the end is the same and I'll not spoil.

It's intentional :)
Visit Andrew's grave is "optional" objective.
Like it's "optional" to talk about Andrew with Barry.
For both, if you don't do it, the end is the same and I'll not spoil.
I think there was one dialogue option with Barry's friends (the two cops) that didn't seem to be relevant but when I chose it before going to the grave, the quest failed, and when I did it the other way around then the quest didn't fail.

I think there was one dialogue option with Barry's friends (the two cops) that didn't seem to be relevant but when I chose it before going to the grave, the quest failed, and when I did it the other way around then the quest didn't fail.
For me, in French, the quest objectives are (if you talk about Andrew with Barry, if you don't, the optional objective don't appear) :
-Talk to the cops.
-Find Andrew's niche before talk to the cops (optional).

I always find Andrew's niche before because I always presume that goes wrong if I talk to the cops before find it.
Maybe I'm wrong, it could be a possibility :)

If I'm right, it's the only quest who have a "timer". If you wait too long, the quest automatically fail.

for me :
Quest failed > barry commits suicide.
Quest not failed > Barry is alive.
It could be a dialogue option who you could save him before find Andrew's niche :)

Last edited:
I always find Andrew's niche before because I always presume that goes wrong if I talk to the cops before find it.
Maybe I'm wrong, it could be a possibility :)

If I'm right, it's the only quest who have a "timer". If you wait too long, the quest automatically fail.
you tell them that Barry's depressed before going to the niche.

so I was able to complete the quest successfully:
  • I didn't choose "Barry's depressed" when talking to the cops at any time.
  • I chose dialogue option for Body after knocking on Barry's door.
  • Inside the apartment, at the end of the conversation I chose "People die. You move on.".
  • After talking to Barry I didn't talk to the cops yet. I went straight to Andrew's grave, which can be found nearby the tarot card Temperance.
  • Finally I talked to the cops and told them that I've visited Andrew's grave = quest finished.

Last edited:
Here's how I've played it:
For me (always) :
- After Knocking the door (pretty good dialogs) :
"You're not alone, you are not well even if you don't want to admit it. I can listen you"
"Ok, got me ! Your friends asked me to talk to you... I said myself, Why not ? It's a good guy, even if he tastes like shit when it comes to cars..."
- Find Andrew's niche.
- Talk to the cops
"what would said mendez if Barry would tell him that he talk to a tortoise..."

If there is a bug in this quest, for me, that's the fact of the "failed" of the quest.
whatever if Barry die or not, the quest must be "completed" and obviously not "failed"

If there is a bug in this quest, for me, that's the fact of the "failed" of the quest.
whatever if Barry die or not, the quest must be "completed" and obviously not "failed"

I think the main problem I have with this quest is that he could still be depressed in the sense of "mentally ill" after all, even if he got his friends back. So I don't understand why it's a problem to tell it his friends before visiting the niche. It also doesn't take much time to talk to them, compared to the long travel route to the columbarium. And I agree, the quest shouldn't "fail".

Last edited:
In my case, PC:

First time I played in January:
  • No crashes at all.
  • Some weird bugs (walking on water, extremely slow walking -don't know if it's a feature- probably due to a key combo I never realise, self-shooting weapons when equipped). Solved reloading.
  • NPC spawning and despawning at your side. NPC clones.
  • No quest bugs.
  • Language/subtitles/interfaz language changing every session.
  • V body texture glitch (the grey parts).
  • Excessive light driving in 1st person with Little Mule.
  • Unpickable items.
  • Objects and NPC in the air.
After the first main patch I started to play only in English, so don't know about the language thing.
  • No crashes at all.
  • Less weird bugs but still present.
  • Problems with fixers calls. No sound and sometimes no subtitles. Basically Regina and Wakako.
  • NPC spawning and despawning at your side.
  • Unpickable items.
After the biggest patch:
  • No crashes at all.
  • No strange bugs.
  • Fixers calls fixed.
  • NPC spawning and despawning at your side.
  • Objects falling from the sky (in my case were pallets :shrug:)
  • Texture glitches (eg. in Anna's Hamilton hotel, in a shore).
  • Unpickable items. (new ones lol, some older ones fixed).
I play in High quality on a laptop... guess it's is a monster machine because I never had a crash. Well, I have a crash every time I quit the game normally (the flatlined message) :shrug:

In general, there are still problems but nothing unplayable.

The V's grey texture annoys me a lot. I use a mod but I'd like to play unmodded. Do mods disable achievements? In gog?

Top Bottom