Did the police get worse or is it just me?

+

Vargre

Forum veteran
The police have always had a habit of phasing into your business no matter where you are, armed to the teeth and shooting first and never asking questions laterr cos your dead. But since patch 1.0 has it become worse? Now theyre trying to kill me when im actually stopping a crime from happening. Im in the middle of a fight with the bad guys and like fucking long dead spirits from the underworld rise an entire squad of cops, complete with mechs, and after a brief "Hold it right there!" begin shooting me. WTF guys, i justs saved that chick from getting her brains blown out. Now your gonna kill me?! Id LOVE to see this fixed at some point in the near future. Is it game breaking? No. But its fucking irritating and seems like it should be an easy fix. You dont have to make the game THAT true to life, yknow? Ease back on the cops a bit, eh? Thanks mate. Yours, with love,
Vargre

DC9V

Forum veteran
Information like this is useless unless you elaborate:

• Where and when
  • How to recreate
  • Your system specs
I don't think that is has gotten worse. From what I've seen, the overall performance has improved since 1.10.

The police have always had a habit of phasing into your business no matter where you are, armed to the teeth and shooting first and never asking questions laterr cos your dead. But since patch 1.0 has it become worse? Now theyre trying to kill me when im actually stopping a crime from happening. Im in the middle of a fight with the bad guys and like fucking long dead spirits from the underworld rise an entire squad of cops, complete with mechs, and after a brief "Hold it right there!" begin shooting me. WTF guys, i justs saved that chick from getting her brains blown out. Now your gonna kill me?! Id LOVE to see this fixed at some point in the near future. Is it game breaking? No. But its fucking irritating and seems like it should be an easy fix. You dont have to make the game THAT true to life, yknow? Ease back on the cops a bit, eh? Thanks mate. Yours, with love,
Vargre
I've noticed quite a lot I find after preventing the crime I get insulted and shot at by the police straight afterwards. Its a bit strange really. I mean, you're welcome?
Very hard to please!

Vargre

I realized after playing with Guns in later playthroughs, they hold you responsible for richochets, pointing at pedestrians when enemies move, and even just bringing a gun fight to the population. Oh yeah, and if they see dead bodies, even criminals they sometimes investigate.

All of which is pretty frustrating, but weirdly is actually what they should be doing.

All it takes is one bad ricochet, or an exploding car, fuel tank too close to passers-by (they don't have to die, there's some sort of public danger threshold that you could trigger), and you're a Warrant Star winner.

On the other hand, I got a little too trigger happy in Rancho clearing what I thought was an Assault in Progress, but turned out to be a PD Netrunner, beat cop and a pair of Wyverns doing some sort of investigation. I just shot them thinking they were 6th Street (Lexington with a Silencer and Gimlet, and yes I got lazy and didn't Kiroshi scan them to confirm affiliation/ID), and before you knew it, two dead and a pair of wrecked drones with two star alarm ringing. Just for yuks and giggles, I stayed still on the roof, but no PD response phased in. After about 15 seconds the heat alarm died, and I was back in business.

Whered d
Information like this is useless unless you elaborate:

• Where and when
  • How to recreate
  • Your system specs
I don't think that is has gotten worse. From what I've seen, the overall performance has improved since 1.10.

Where does it happen? Its happened in a lot of different places. From the Badlands to Jig Jig street. It'd be impossible to pin down ONE place its happened. Or two. Or three. It happens a lot. In various places.

How to recreate? Get into a fight.

My system specs have nothing to do with this. Im obviously not the only one this happening to. This is internal. Something wrong with the game, not my rig.

Oh I kill those maxtac ****ers. I hate them for popping up outta nearly nowhere. Flip maxtac for having those drones and you being the player that gets shot at from every conceivable angle.

I do pity the average cop. Two good examples. That neighbor with the tortoise. You listen to his story and it's pretty sad. Then you head down the elevator and your about to see Jackie. You'll probably notice two cops. The older man gets onto the younger lady cop for risking her life against presumably a cyber psycho. He warned her to avoid being g a hero suggesting to let some civilians get slice and diced. Stuff like that makes me feel sorry for the regular cop in night city.

My V will gun them down like anybody else if they attack him, but still. I feel sorry for the guy/gal going into the police force and tries to be a honest good cop. Too many bad ones so people just mix the good in with the bad.

Top Bottom