• it was not enough, I want an extended ending dlc

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I bellieve the ending is good enough

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did U expect a more extended Ending? [Major Spoiler]

So I finished the game...... I have an active lifestyle but this game pinned me to the chair for hours , I felt an attachment to the characters , to the environment of the game , I loved every bit of this game every side quest , every contract , every....... until the ending , which really broke my heart

I went all this way to get this ending?

I helped assassinating a mad king to rid the world of hatred and all I get is a drawing and a guy telling me that Nilfgaard took the north? that's all?! I expected a cut scene where I see how the people are feeling, I wanted to see those pyres being removed and see Ciri punishing the witch hunters

I looked for Ciri and supported her all the game , just to get a cold goodbye cut scene and a drawing telling me she becomes an Empress? I could be in the Cerys coronation feast but I can't be in my daughter's coronation?! calling her your majesty , bow to her (the way Emhyr's chamberlain thought me though I didn't bow to Emhyr as he didn't deserve it) congratulating my daughter for becoming an empress and have a little chat with her? or at least know how she rules the empire and how she makes a better prosper world by making peace and bond with Skellige and Temeria..... ?

I was faithful to Yen and even sacrificed my life for her at hangman's tree just to see a drawing at the end?! I wanna see them talking to each other about the past and about how a good and beloved ruler Ciri became

After the ending I can't even go have a small chat with my friends Zoltan, talk to Dandelion to see how happy he and Precilla are living together , see Precilla singing again (or even see her singing in Ciri's coronation, though it might not fit to Nilfgaard formalities) OR that she dumped Dandelion cause she saw him with another girl?!

This extremely brief ending for such legendary game series is just.... not right. not enough
best story game in the history and so many hours playing ,ends like this..... I'm sooooo sad right now, do u feel the same or is it just me?

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!! :p. I don't share many of your opinions but that is because your ending it's not my favourite one but, yes, you are right: the way CDPR made the endings and their content really disapointing and there are quite a few threads adressing this issues

I don't mean that the endings should all be like mine, what I say is that there are tens and tens of cut scenes in this game, not making a couple of more cutscenes for the most important part of the game is just.... SO WRONG
Is it possible that CDPR release a dlc about it in the future?

Welcome to the club. I felt exactly the same way as you when I finished the game: empty and depressed. A vast number of people on these forums have said the same things you have, and are pushing for change. While CDPR should certainly improve the game and add more end-game content, I think the fact that many of us feel this way is testament to the excellent character development in Witcher 3. Think about it. You've probably played a lot of RPG games or watched movies where you didn't really care about the death of a character. Yet when you play Witcher 3, their mere absence is enough to evoke such strong emotions. That goes to show how beautifully crafted the characters are in this game. You should probably have a look at other threads on this forum as well. You'll find that a lot of people share your feelings!

:)

Welcome to the club. I felt exactly the same way as you when I finished the game: empty and depressed. A vast number of people on these forums have said the same things you have, and are pushing for change. While CDPR should certainly improve the game and add more end-game content, I think the fact that many of us feel this way is testament to the excellent character development in Witcher 3. Think about it. You've probably played a lot of RPG games or watched movies where you didn't really care about the death of a character. Yet when you play Witcher 3, their mere absence is enough to evoke such strong emotions. That goes to show how beautifully crafted the characters are in this game. You should probably have a look at other threads on this forum as well. You'll find that a lot of people share your feelings!

I'm on duty in 2 hours but I really don't feel like going to work today because I'm to sad ,pissed and disappointed. FOR A GAME!!!! , I can't simply accept such brief ending for so many good hours of playing witcher games

Last edited:
I don't mean that the endings should all be like mine, what I say is that there are tens and tens of cut scenes in this game, not making a couple of more cutscenes for the most important part of the game is just.... SO WRONG
Is it possible that CDPR release a dlc about it in the future?

If you want my honest opinion... I won't put much hopes in that kind of DLC. There are a lot of people asking for changes and no one of CDPR has made a serious statement (apart from the Inmmersion issue which is a little bit related with your thread). The devs seem quite satisfied with the game the created and they have achieved what I think it was their goal: attract new players

If you want my honest opinion... I won't put much hopes in that kind of DLC. There are a lot of people asking for changes and no one of CDPR has made a serious statement (apart from the Inmmersion issue which is a little bit related with your thread). The devs seem quite satisfied with the game the created and they have achieved what I think it was their goal: attract new players

The only thing you can do is hope. I don't think CDPR's main goal was to "attract new players". From the design of the game to the way they treat their players, it's also clear that they wanted to simply build a great game. The more our voices are heard, the more likely they are likely to bring about change. The Immersion thread already received some replies from developers who have said they would pass on the feedback. I wouldn't slam the door shut. Their sales are going through the roof and they can definitely improve the post-game state, despite the difficulties. Remember, we aren't asking for much. We just want some form of basic interactions with the characters we love, maybe a few quests. But we aren't asking them to remake the whole game starting from the ending. I think it is possible. The question will be whether the community is loud enough to influence them to do it.

The only thing you can do is hope. I don't think CDPR's main goal was to "attract new players".

I have to disagree. The way they dealed with the portrayal of our choices in the Witcher 2, the lack of characters from previous games and most of the new ones which are unidimensional. They way they wrote the story is pretty much simplier than AOK. It only score 10/10 in which refers to graphics and the open-world by itself. And when you put so much effort in these two last points it's because you (only) want to impress new players. Just my opinion

. Remember, we aren't asking for much. We just want some form of basic interactions with the characters we love, maybe a few quests. But we aren't asking them to remake the whole game starting from the ending.

I wouldn't say that, but some of the petitions includes a lot of re-writting in some quests, new dialogues and so on. CDPR could say that it's too much effort. Remember there is not just the problem with the inmmersion or the endings, we have more issues: more triss content, post-game content, bad and barely explained politics, new game + ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom