Did we get any of these skins/armors from the concept arts?

+
Did we get any of these skins/armors from the concept arts?

Most of the skins in the game look terrible. I understand this is subjective, so feel free to share your opinion, but some of these concept art skins look amazing. I want that half face covering look lol.

Which ones do you like? Would you want these looks in the game?

EDIT - Someone tells me these weren't CDPR concept art, but from a fan? Well, I guess the overall sentiment of the thread about having better looking skins in the game can still continue.

Last edited:
The second image is fan art so definitely not in that regard. As for the first I'm pretty sure none of Geralt's concept art design for armor made it to the final game, I looked through it several times to make sure but I'm sure the base designs never carried over the final product.

I personally prefer "The more the merrier" thing so it wouldn't hurt if we see some or all of them officially or through mod community. I personally like the 9th one in first row (starting from left to right). A little clowny but still perfect for cold weather of Skellige and 7th in last row (minus the tall collar). I absolutely hate the hooded armor, he looks like court jester in those and they are unrealistic considering the hood will only hinder his sight while fighting fast monsters so if they are going to make some hooded armor then they should at least give the option to either put the hood on or remove it for good.

I also think that disliking every armor the game has right now is a little exaggeration, it's purely subjective like you said but still disliking all of them is not good. Of course I also dislike some of them (like those pot belly designs) but some are great too, I don't know why there is so much hate on armor design.

On the other hand those Ciri designs are excellent, hooded armor suits her more considering are "on the run and hide" role she has.

Wow, the Pic with Geralt's Concept-Armors looks gorgeous!
A real shame that most of the Ingame Armors look like one and the same just recoloured etc.
The Witcher Gear-Sets are pretty epic, though. Just only 5 of them (Kaer Morhen & Wolf Armor included) with only 4 of them having real upgrades.
I've put this into the DLC-Thread a few hours ago and I'm sure none of them are ingame, too: https://cdn.artstation.com/p/assets...e/klaus-wittmann-ciri-redesign.jpg?1427927073

Guess they've got their reasons for removing them from the Game, the Cloaks, too (a Guy on Reddit said something about "Clipping"-Issues).
Well, the Witcher 3 offers plenty of different Content so it's bearable. :D

Top Bottom