Did we overhyped the game? and our hopes for future

+
Let me tell you a story I have been saving every Cyberpunk 2077 trailer and demo in my youtube playlist for a while, and my plan was to watch it all together before release day have some popcorn and enjoy getting hyped but oh boy my honey period didn't last long with the game. I remember I was annoyed at GameSpot review at first (to be honest looking back she was very generous with her score) and thought no way CDPR can not deliver. Now its been a month and I came across some comments people keep posting that its our fault we created all that hype and we were the ones who had unrealistic expectations. To them, I wanna say one thing

Hell Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

People then say that the 2018 version was just a concept ( also Adam CDPR head didn't help the situation as well) game was in the development stage and all that to them here is my argument you don't tout concept to consumers if you are not sure about them making the cut especially if they are the main selling point of the product.
Its not the developers or Advertisement department's fault because their job is to present your ideas to the public. The Heads are to be blamed who lied to us they should be held accountable. People already listed so many things that were even missing which they advertise even in 2020 and their Night Wires.

I still wanna have faith in CDPR Heads that they can turn this around and we get all the missing features that were advertised. I really want this game to get some kind of overhaul because it has very strong structure in terms of World design and lore surrounding it. I just hope by the end of the year the major concerns of this game ( and plz they are not just bugs on old-gen consoles) . Please don't disappoint us who still believe you can deliver the promise most ambitious RPG and living world and all that.
Please don't let greed and incompetent Head ruin the experience because I know CDPR is filled with talented staff if given proper time they can deliver what we were promised.

Cyberpunk is the only game I've been excited for in my adult years, literally the only one. I'm not sure if I overhyped it or if I was caught up in the CDPR marketing whirlwind but either way despite me absolutely loving it, it underdeliveded and then some.

I'm still hopeful for the future, we have to be! Just look at how much potential this game actually has..

Just to add, we really could ignore the 2018 trailer and still come to the same conclusion, in fact you can find misleading info from 2020.

That's a part of the bigger issue, it's just the 2018 is easier to pick at and of course was put out to get everyone interested into the game in the first place.

@comeasyouare1995 I agree, now I didn't love the game liked you, yet I still hold some hope they can turn things around.

Hey,
I think there's a space to craft in some more (decisions and) consequences and to make the gameplay deeper.
As well as to fill the empty gaps between the acts, gangs, (main) story,...

The mechanics for that are there - dialogues, quest paths (not shown in the log), characters, (phone mechanic), lifepaths, equipment, clothing&style, implants, attributes, scanner, Johny, BD&shards, secondary items, character visuals,...

I think everyone who preordered this game should share some accountability.

From my part, I can say that I blindly trusted CDPR. I preordered the game, I bought the books, the comics, the controller, the statues, the posters, the t-shirt... bought a brand new oled tv and a built an awesome PC with a RTX 3080.

Well...
I can say CDPR is dead to me now and they can go f themselves with their empty apologies...

However... all the signs this was going to be a train wreck were there... the leaks, the departures, the cut contents before release, the map size, the story size... all there

I choose to ignore and trust CDPR and hold all my hopes on “they are the Witcher 3 creators. They will not betray us”

They lied to me with the trailers and promo materials and I choose to believe them.

I could have waited the True reviews and them buy the game.

I thought they were a trustworthy company and I was wrong and I paid for that...

Now... worst than be fooled by CDPR is to continue believing them like a lot of people in this forum

I think everyone who preordered this game should share some accountability.

From my part, I can say that I blindly trusted CDPR. I preordered the game, I bought the books, the comics, the controller, the statues, the posters, the t-shirt... bought a brand new oled tv and a built an awesome PC with a RTX 3080.

Well...
I can say CDPR is dead to me now and they can go f themselves with their empty apologies...

However... all the signs this was going to be a train wreck were there... the leaks, the departures, the cut contents before release, the map size, the story size... all there

I choose to ignore and trust CDPR and hold all my hopes on “they are the Witcher 3 creators. They will not betray us”

They lied to me with the trailers and promo materials and I choose to believe them.

I could have waited the True reviews and them buy the game.

I thought they were a trustworthy company and I was wrong and I paid for that...

Now... worst than be fooled by CDPR is to continue believing them like a lot of people in this forum
Personally I didn't blindly trust CDPR, I took them at their word and placed faith in them. I don't regret that because I believe that taking people for their word is a good thing, though taking people for their word when they lie straight to your face repeatedly is a whole different thing. As things stand now, I've sworn off pre-ordering for good and will uphold that pledge to the best of my ability.

Personally I didn't blindly trust CDPR, I took them at their word and placed faith in them. I don't regret that because I believe that taking people for their word is a good thing, though taking people for their word when they lie straight to your face repeatedly is a whole different thing. As things stand now, I've sworn off pre-ordering for good and will uphold that pledge to the best of my ability.
To me it just wouldn't make sense for them not to completely reinvigorate the game for the next gen update y'know? Given their past history with Witcher 3 but maybe it's total denial on my part. I still think CDPR are different I guess, they're my last hope in gaming cept for maybe paralives studio.

If patch 1.1 turns out to be a total letdown I think I'll buy all the resident evil games cos I've never played them before, then do my second playthrough when the next gen version drops.

To me it just wouldn't make sense for them not to completely reinvigorate the game for the next gen update y'know? Given their past history with Witcher 3 but maybe it's total denial on my part. I still think CDPR are different I guess, they're my last hope in gaming cept for maybe paralives studio.

If patch 1.1 turns out to be a total letdown I think I'll buy all the resident evil games cos I've never played them before, then do my second playthrough when the next gen version drops.
From my perspective I believe most at CDPR truly do want to have a good relationship with gamers where possible, I believe they truly did set out to make an amazing game and I believe they do plan on "making things right" as it were but what worries me is that they don't seem to have a clue as to what is wrong that needs to be made right...at least that's the impression that I get.

If you enjoyed the game at all, take heart because most likely it will only get better. If you're like me and your thinking "ground control to CDPR, we've got major problems"...good luck. If you haven't played a lot of older games and you have a PC, consider emulation. There's a ton of amazing games that are pretty much freeware.

We didn't overhype it, the game overpromised and underdelivered while building insane hype around itself.

Furthermore, it's not like only the software side of the launch is catastrophic. I preordered the game in June and didn't even get the preorder physical goodies under the excuse that "there weren't enough". Severely disappointed with this one...

I always knew there was a possibility it could be kinda weak or maybe even need 1-3 months of patching to not be bad. I was being generous on the timetable because it's CDPR and they did good with Wither 3 release overall minus the 8x MSAA Hair strands Lol. I didn't realize it would be a train wreck and require 2 years of more patching to get good. They basically pulled the same crap Bioware did with Anthem. As far as I'm concerned they're both crappy companies now. It's so hard to dig themselves out of this hole, that I won't be surprised if they do the same thing BIoware did and abandon this project after a year.

I never hyped anything as i never followed or watched much of anything, i did see the gameplay they showed which made me think "looks fun" so i pre ordered when i had spare cash.

Thats not to say CDPR didn't do a hell of a marketing job to fuel those that were even further because they did and it wasnt hype that made CP2077 play like ass on the base Xbox or P4 or it wasn't them consoles faults or even part faults nor there users for expecting atleast W3 quality product.

Hype played a part in the rage that followed because thats what it turned to but it wasn't hypes fault, that award goes squarely and fully onto CDPR

I always knew there was a possibility it could be kinda weak or maybe even need 1-3 months of patching to not be bad. I was being generous on the timetable because it's CDPR and they did good with Wither 3 release overall minus the 8x MSAA Hair strands Lol. I didn't realize it would be a train wreck and require 2 years of more patching to get good. They basically pulled the same crap Bioware did with Anthem. As far as I'm concerned they're both crappy companies now. It's so hard to dig themselves out of this hole, that I won't be surprised if they do the same thing BIoware did and abandon this project after a year.

I don't think they can afford to give up they are not Bioware.
In the worst case, it would be to close the studio or sell it.

I don't think they can afford to give up they are not Bioware.
In the worst case, it would be to close the studio or sell it.
I've thought about the possibility of the Cyberpunk IP being sold, I just hope something worthy gameplay wise is done with Night City at some point.

We didn't hyped the game..... THEY DID and kept doing that for a year and a half.

Attachments

• CYYYBEEEEER.png
    CYYYBEEEEER.png
    779.8 KB · Views: 152
Not to mention the subliminal "hidden" messages.
Well if that was from 2012 i believe that they really wanted to make the perfect game. But heres the thing about that... they never expected for the witcher 3 to blow out like it did. So having 100 mil burning in their pockets.. like just sitting there and they were people that struggled with money before witcher 3 they just changed. They were in the clouds... And i cant speak of it cause my best friends did the same.. money changes people and they changed. The people who made that video and that presentation in 2012 do not exists anymore... And so as my friend. Its a shame really, but its gonna get even harder.

Well if that was from 2012 i believe that they really wanted to make the perfect game. But heres the thing about that... they never expected for the witcher 3 to blow out like it did. So having 100 mil burning in their pockets.. like just sitting there and they were people that struggled with money before witcher 3 they just changed. They were in the clouds... And i cant speak of it cause my best friends did the same.. money changes people and they changed. The people who made that video and that presentation in 2012 do not exists anymore... And so as my friend. Its a shame really, but its gonna get even harder.
Sad but true.

Top Bottom