Did you buy the guide or do you plan to?

+

• Yes, I ordered it already.

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • I plan to order/buy it at some time.

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I don't plan to ever buy the guide.

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters

So, I just ordered the PRIMA guide(Hardcover, of course) and I kinda wanna know who else here decided to order it.

So, I just ordered the PRIMA guide(Hardcover, of course) and I kinda wanna know who else here decided to order it.

gog copy, collectors edition , world of the witcher , prima guide .... now im just waiting for some decent swag(for my taste) to arrive in the witcher store xD...

Don't think I've ever bought a PRIMA guide... When I get stuck on a game I simply go to gamefaq or such...

No guide for me, I'm prone to discovering secrets. Than again with 200 hours worth of content a guide may be helpful.

No, games, even like this one, add DLC, expansions (which I did buy), and upgrade over time, while guides don't tend to, and physical ones become recycling. In another case, uber geeks post faqs at game faqs or on other sites like Gamebanshee. Why would you buy a guide when brilliant and wonderful individuals do that for free already?

I have the Collector's Edition of the guide pre-ordered. Why? Because even if the guide is only 95% accurate, it will likely know a hell of a lot more than i would. Plain and simple - I dont want to have to play the game through multiple times to learn about X quest or Y feature like i have done in other games. Those ''abilities'' in Witcher 2 where you do certain actions and you instantly unlock them? You know, the Haggling bonus, the fighting at night bonus etc. Yeah MANY MANY playthroughs before i even KNEW they existed, much less how to get them.

I pre ordered the hardcover version of the guide. I like to have them as more of a collectors item vs actually using it as a guide. I have 3 hardcover guides that I ordered with the last 3 collectors editions of games that I have purchased but I've never actually read the guides lol. They are on my shelf with all my collectors editions as eye candy I guess... haha

I wouldn't usually buy them, but I cancelled an already-paid-for CE because of concerns over delivery. I had to spend the money on something, so I bought the guide.

Luckily, it won't arrive until several weeks after I get the game from GOG, so I won't be tempted to read it too early.

I wouldn't usually buy them, but I cancelled an already-paid-for CE because of concerns over delivery. I had to spend the money on something, so I bought the guide.

Luckily, it won't arrive until several weeks after I get the game from GOG, so I won't be tempted to read it too early.

Haha, you could have bought something else for the moeny. Food or some bottles of beer, for example. :D

Haha, you could have bought something else for the moeny. Food or some bottles of beer, for example. :D

Yup, buying food or bottles of beer from Amazon and couriering it half way round the world would have been a really sensible idea.
Anyway, I switched from CE to Standard + Book. At least that way I'll still have something as hard copy, and it'll arrive a couple of weeks earlier than the CE would have. (end May instead of mid June).

I usually do and especially for this game. Not because I don't want to look around and discover things but there are also some features or such that youd never know about unless you had the guide. Plus if I get real stuck I've got the guide handy.

Yup, buying food or bottles of beer from Amazon and couriering it half way round the world would have been a really sensible idea.
Anyway, I switched from CE to Standard + Book. At least that way I'll still have something as hard copy, and it'll arrive a couple of weeks earlier than the CE would have. (end May instead of mid June).

Wait, you can't get a refund from Amazon and the shipping of the CE would take a whole month? Where the hell do you live?

Wait, you can't get a refund from Amazon and the shipping of the CE would take a whole month? Where the hell do you live?

I'm from another planet, you hadn't realised? The refund problem is because of the way I paid for it, I knew it was a risk at the time, but it's never that hard finding something else at Amazon if you have store credit.

I've pre-ordered the collectors edition Guide Book. I'm not gonna use it unless i'm really stuck on a quest/puzzle. It was purchased as more-so a collection piece anyway.

I like to discover as much as possible, so the idea of a guide doesn't make much sense to me, never did, I still have guides for some of my games, never bothered to read them, that said, right now the biggest reason why I won't buy it is probably a financial one, I already bought the CE and a new GPU (to be fair, was about time, updating from a 560 Ti, hehe).

Top Bottom