Did you buy the guide or do you plan to?

+

Did you buy the guide or do you plan to?

• Yes, I ordered it already.

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • I plan to order/buy it at some time.

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I don't plan to ever buy the guide.

Votes: 71 56.3%

• Total voters

IsengrimR

No.

I find guides are of limited use, when you can do it yourself.
Somebody wasted money on giving me the Witcher 2 guide a while back. Read it. Not useful. At all.

Yes. Ordered the standard edition. I like to have a physical guide in my hand. Something to flick through from time to time or to refer to when looking for something. Very useful.

Nope, I don't use guides, but I can understand collectors and completionists buying them.

:yes :welcome:
A collector is what I am. I mean...it's Witcher 3. ^_^
I don't plan to look in the guide during first playthrough. If I can help it that is. ::)

I remember when playing Fallout New Vegas, and I was levelling up for the last time, I picked the "get all undiscovered locations instantly on your map" perk. Just to see you know. Only two locations popped up, as I had been everywhere else. And I didn't have a New Vegas guide.:lol:

Ergo, I plan to explore the Witcher 3 world, being totally in the dark, having dangers and choices unknown to me. Besides, the guide won't be available to me until a week after Witcher 3 release(due to shipping I assume). I don't plan to wait around for that. ;)

I bought the Hardcover mainly just because of the extras:
- The Witcher Grimoire This 96-page book of lore is brimming with rare knowledge about the lands, monsters, people and pastimes of the world of The Witcher.
- Art Section featuring more than 30 pages devoted to the beautiful world of The Witcher 3.

I normally do not buy guides, but I got this one ;-)
Also I'm curious about this art book: The World of Witcher, waiting for the localized version - that's what I'm really interested. ;-)

This is first guide I've bought since Skyrim. I like buying them for this kind of game because of their density, I'm bound to miss something. Will be un-shrink-wrapping for the third playthrough.

No.
I bought such stuff in the past, just to throw it away when i moved... i think i would look at it once and the first time i play the game, then it would gather dust in a corner. And even if i would "need" it at some point, i'd rather open firefox on my 2nd screen...

I've never bought a guide before, yet I've thought about getting one this time.
Who knows - then again, considering how stuck I got in the first Dark Souls - all I did was look at online guides, on which direction to go.

Edit - Well, to heck with it - I just bought it.

Prima Games:
SAVE25 gives you a 25% coupon discount on Prima Games for their e-guide.

It cost me $9.95 Canadian after conversion and tax. I can live with that. Comes with pretty pictures too, so why not haha.

Last edited:
Got the collector's version of the guide cause it looks nice and will have some pieces of artwork in there. I doubt I'll use the guide for my playthrough of the game, especially not the first.

Guides defeat the purpose of those kind of games... I've never got stuck in a game so bad that I needed a guide of any sort... sometimes a complex enigma can make me go look on google, but I generally feel bad and stupid after that...

So yeah, no guide for me. I much prefer getting lost and find my own way through the world of the Witcher 3 ^^

I guess I will use gamefaqs or wiki but it would be nice if regular edition came with some kind of b/w guide like enhanced edition of W1 came with. As for ordering additional stuff, I'm not very used to that... never ordered game guide before. Even if it costs 10 euros... I'd rather buy some of Witcher books from Sapkowski to get better insight of the story and characters. Also sometimes trying to find stuff by yourself can be pleasantly surprising.

Top Bottom