Did you import The Witcher 1 savegame to The Witcher 2?

+
Did you import The Witcher 1 savegame to The Witcher 2?

I'm wondering if I should import my The Witcher 1 savegame first before starting the Enhanced Edition from the beginning. What do you think? What are the benefits? In The Witcher 1 I decided to choose Shani, possible impact for The Witcher 2?

Forum veteran
Toommeekk said:
In The Witcher 1 I decided to choose Shani, possible impact for The Witcher 2?
None whatsoever. That particular choice gets thrown out the window, unfortunately. The overall impact of importing a save is negligible, but if you have the option then why not? A few little things will be different (as in whether Adda is alive or dead) and you'll carry over a few of the items and orens.

If you have finished TW1 then you should import a savegame if you still have it.
The decisions you made only get a little sidenote at best but the armor, weapons an few extras are very helpful at the beginning especially if you decide to play on hard or darkmode.

How do I get a complete walkthrough savegame? I mean, when you finsih the game, it doesn't save anymore and you can't play it anymore, you are back in the main menu of the game. Or is it okay, to use the very last savegame before finishing the story? Did I miss something?

Toommeekk said:
How do I get a complete walkthrough savegame? I mean, when you finsih the game, it doesn't save anymore and you can't play it anymore, you are back in the main menu of the game. Or is it okay, to use the very last savegame before finishing the story? Did I miss something?

You need a save from the Ice Plains or after you return to the Order headquarters. So, yes, the last save before finishing the story.

If you did Order path then it's definitely worth it to see Siegfried and his appearance has a tangible impact on one particular choice. Scoia'tael path and saving Ada are also choices worth importing for but unlike Siegfried they're relegated to just some lines here and there.

I couldn't import a save, so I was kinda miffed I didn't get to see Siegfried again, he was basically the funniest character in TW1. It would be nice if the 360 version had some sort of menu at the beginning that lets you set whatever decisions actually matter. It's not a huge deal, but still.

A few things come up depending on whether you import, but the overall effect isn't that big. Adda's status will change, but you don't see her, and her position doesn't impact the story much. A few other characters will have different opinions of you based on your import. One of the cooler benefits is that the equipment you had at the end of TW1 will be available at the start of TW2.

i have done 3 full playtroughts previos to EE, all with imported saved game(neutral path), now am doing anotehr full playtrought once more with imported files ofcourse, to see how it plays out with the EE...

Toommeekk said:
In The Witcher 1 I decided to choose Shani, possible impact for The Witcher 2?

With the Enhanced Edition patch, if you import a Shani save then a journal entry gets added explaining where she went :)

Top Bottom