Did you use a walkthrough first time through?

+
HI Petra Silie...thank you for that! I am now going to go off and accost all the old women until one of htme gives me the info on the fruit. Much appreciated. :D

Braag

Forum veteran
I've completed The Witcher like 4 or 5 times now and didn't need to use any sort of walkthrough at all . Found everything by myself, sure the first and second time I didn't discover everything but eventually I knew the locations, items and quest like the back of my hand.I did however write one guide ;)

I used a walkthrew on my first time threw. However I did not really read the walkthrew. I only glanced at it once I felt I was nearing the end of a chapter. Just to make sure I have completed all of the side quests. And even then I read it with one eye closed, only seeing and remembering what I wanted. While blocking out what I might feel as a spoiler.

Well being one of the Elder Witchers here dint use a Walk through for my first time because there was not one out yet :DWe went to story/quest for help and even then it was when I really was stuck and it was still a work in progress :D

No I didn't use a walk through the first time through . Missed side quests and such but was worth it . The problem I had was some times conversations dependent on part of the other quest made things confusing this was more or less chapter 2 / 3 . The second time I used it to find out the quests , not how to do them but what and where they were . The story line seemed more fluid .

Dajazzman said:
Well, I am on my first time through. Still on Chapter 1 and loving every minute! Only had the game three days and lost one of those to downloading and updating. So far haven't used a walkthrough and will try not to but am totally exasperated at trying to find a TORCH!!! Checked the forum and saw that I wasn't alone with this, but it isn't worth a trip to the walkthrough is it? So I thought I'd make a Cat potion. Only........missing two vital ingredients!!! What Ingredients I haven't got a clue, need to go talk to an Alchemist.......Ah well, played for 14 hours straight and want to get back to it but my beds calling. Haven't been this engrossed since Morrowind! ::) ::)
For torches....Rummage around in the rain/trash barrels, raid cupboards... there are a few torches around to be scrounged.

I used a walkthrough only once. I shouldn't have, but I would never have find my way without it. It was during Act II to awaken the stupid Golem.
I had absolutely no memory of anyone telling me to go speak about it with the old hag in the swamps.

Very speriodically. (sp) Mostly when I was having trouble finding something or solving an obscure puzzle. (like the Elemental Puzzle) As for what decisions to make, how to defeat baddies, and the like, I just roughed it. Makes the choices I made and their consequences feel more genuine as I didn't know what was coming or which choice would be the most 'favorable'.

I used the Walkthrough on my second play-through. I hadn't realized how many more things I could have done or even that there were seperate endings or courses if you will. :peace:

Nop. But simply beacous back then when it just came out there were no wallkthrough, but I did read some "spoilers" of sorts on the fourms. I dont like missing stuff, and this is sadly one of those games where you can miss a lot of things. But as long as you dont know you miss it, it dosent matter. Maybe you will find it in the next play through, besides, if you walk all over the place, tallk to everyone, and read every thing you will probably not miss much or any at all.

I didn't. I did on occasion consult the book that came with the game just because it seemed to be there should be more to the place I was and I didn't want to miss it, but thought I couldn't find it. I was very disciplined about it and didn't read anything but what I wanted to know. I really only will search for a walk through if I really can't figure something out which probably means the game kind of sucks, but makes me feel like I'm an idiot. I find it ruins the whole experience. Did I get killed on occasion? Oh yeah! Finding Wyvern Island before I was ready to actually fight wyverns is a pretty good example... :whistle:

Ended up using a walkthrough for the beast both times I have played (lost my first savegame somehow)I also just used the wiki for finding another novice dice player, since I managed to miss every single one in act 1.but for quests, no.

I think it's safe to say that people tend to use the walkthrough to find what more the game has to offer.I wonder, maybe there should be a section of the Wiki specially designed with walkthroughs, but seperated into categories for different players.For example, 1 of 'em for beginners, 1 of 'em for people re-playing the game, 1 of 'em revealing everything on off and 1 of 'em leading the player for a challenge.Now, won't that be fun? I guess it's only an idea... since I don't know how to operate on the Wiki, but it would be good and interest people to play that extra time. :peace:

I think it's a difficult to realise because Wiki content can't be seperated into setions of the players knowlegde. It's a comprehensive and complex matrix *er* construction.Nevertheless it's up to you how much info you want to gain. There are the plain walkthroughs for every quests and several strategy arcticles, resp. (spoiler) adviser which supplies you with additional info you normally don't know or don't notice.

PetraSilie said:
I think it's a difficult to realise because Wiki content can't be seperated into setions of the players knowlegde. It's a comprehensive and complex matrix *er* construction.Nevertheless it's up to you how much info you want to gain. There are the plain walkthroughs for every quests and several strategy arcticles, resp. (spoiler) adviser which supplies you with additional info you normally don't know or don't notice.
Like I said,... I am rather Wik-i-lliteral when it comes to the Witcher Wiki, so I cannot cypher what is possible and what is not.Also, what's another page or two to the Wiki? All the idea was, was new walkthroughs (or should I say guides) be created with different headings stating for whom they are meant.Anyways, it was just an idea... what I really hope for is beginners not to spoil their experience by viewing the full walkthrough. That's why I wanted a version specially designed for them. :wave:

Top Bottom