Difference between pc and ps4 version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every. In fact, I'd wager the vast majority could not care less what the game looks like on a console.

That's what a gamer is. A real gamer does not care how the game looks on a plataform he doesn't own. A gamer just cares how the game will run on his plataform.

It's just a curiosity. You don't have to get mad.

Oh, and console gamers pays more than PC gamers. like 10/20€ more. So it should be the opposite, actually :p

And btw, the game looks almost the same on PS4 and PC, but PC version runs smoothly.

I'm on topic. I just want to keep this comparsion. That's all.
PS4.
PC Ultra w\o Hairworks

The true is ; The PS4 version is very close from PC. Obviously to the PC version could run more FPS and It has nvidia hairworks but the graphics are very very similars.

EDIT; Pc version too has 4K version. Pc always more powerful but the consoles have best performance

Last edited:
Not every. In fact, I'd wager the vast majority could not care less what the game looks like on a console.

most wouldnot care less, i agree . But i for instance would be mad if preferrence is given to one over another .....

not to be dramatic , it does hurt when a devs which grew big on PC giving less care

PS- i will decide only after playing the game and experiencing .the above comment is just my general pt of view

It's a broad ballpark but not a lie, how exactly is it a lie? Which AMD Jaguar+7870 have you seen performing even nearly at the same level as either of the two consoles?

That's... exactly what I'm saying DirectX11 restricts PCs in many ways, the same limitations don't apply to consoles, they can do more with worse hardware in many instances. PCs need a low-level API - DirectX12/Vulkan, Consoles are already using low-level API. They also have a fixed spec, which does matter.

Very funny. A GTX 980+i7-4960X does 26fps in Star Swarm, does that shows you the power of PC? 26fps. Bloated with the slow and inefficient API called DirectX11. The same hardware does 66fps using DirectX12.

The point is that console API is very efficient, PC APIs currently are not, they're getting a run for their money.

Than we agree that all is artificial and planned, we have technology but they (Nvidia,Amd,Microsoft) don't want to give it too us, because what will thay do than with inferior consoles and gpu-s, the sales will drop and thay will lose money. And this what i will say now is only assumption but i dont see vgx fotage, that was presented before Microsoft and xbox evolment in the quality of the final build. Where was they when witcher 1 and 2 came? I think there evolment cost us visual fidelity on pc version.

What? Think about what you just typed.

He contradicts himself in his post. But i get his point pc version with 980 should run 10 times better with same level of quality, but that with dx11 and complicated api that we have on pc won't ever happen, not even with dx12.

Last edited:
What? Think about what you just typed.

lOL YEAH. pc probably loads faster. better draw distance. 60 fps thing. which for me really isnt big of a deal. exept when it comes to racing games :)
But i think Good pc is gonna outshine consoles on every area in this game

optimization mate , optimization

its the reason why this thread was started/

Optimisation means NOTHING when you are stuck behind a 1.6ghz APU. Console users can't seem that fathom that. You could have a billion draw calls to the
GPU but when it lacks the power to draw and shade the polygons it MEANS NOTHING.

What are you going to claim when DX12 comes out and the PC gets 12million draw calls up from about 10,000?

Optimisation means NOTHING when you are stuck behind a 1.6ghz APU. Console users can't seem that fathom that. You could have a billion draw calls to the
GPU but when it lacks the power to draw and shade the polygons it MEANS NOTHING.

What are you going to claim when DX12 comes out and the PC gets 12million draw calls up from about 10,000?

You are right with console power thay cant shade polygons and that is reson why xbox one will never play witcher 3 on 1080p.

example of polygons and how thay look in game without shading http://resources.mpi-inf.mpg.de/atrium/images/tbt_wireframe.jpg

Last edited:
U cant say that theres popups when we havent seen the final build. theri still optimising the game via day one patch

I talk only about what I've seen. We don't know if there will be improvements on the draw distance and LOD. That is just...well, it is speculation.

I talk only about what I've seen. We don't know if there will be improvements on the draw distance and LOD. That is just...well, it is speculation.

yesh. The NPC popping was pretty terrible in the PS 4 footage. I really dont get bothered about maybe bushes and shadows comin late. if its not extreme.

look , if the given things are true i would be really really angry.I build my own rigs and i know how powerful they are.Also i do know that the 750ti gives equal or better performance the PS4.

However dx 12 is a low level apu and is said to increase performance ( again it is supposed to reduce cpu stress , not so much in terms of gpu).
Devs due to consoles ( not pointing at anyone in particular ) giving more dosh(sales / ms-sony deals), tend to give more importance to the consoles

PS- i have a spare 750ti and it can run ac unity at high (hbao+/fxaa) at 28- 30 fps.So MOST of the recommended specs are bogus ( esp when partnered with nvidia).
I will judge after the game is released and benchies are released. not before.

I played dragon age inquisition on PS4 and PC ultra setting (GTX780Ti+i74790)
Check My PSN Xtreme-Void and Origin Xtreme-Void

Here what I thought :
- The graphic is more smooth, sometimes on PS4 I notice blurred spots on my Inquisitor face, on the PC it don't exist.
- The draw distance looks more long and very crisp.
- I notice sometimes there is slight lags on PS4.
- The Dragon age emblem on the right down corner is much more smaller on PC (loading screen).

That the only thing noticeable for me, there maybe more more I missed.

I can see why people saying that PS4 and PC graphic looks the same, because the assets is the same
(the texture, the mesh maybe the only thing most people notice, crispness, draw distance, anti aliasing and shadows is not really noticeable in a seconds glance)
Until someone modded it to be better. (Skyrim)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom