Difference between pc and ps4 version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference between pc and ps4 version

I feel that there is not visual difference and not single benefit for pc except two:

Benefits:

1. 60 fps on gtx 980 (ultra=ps4) and do know that her alone without rest of components: mb,ram,cpu,psu,cooling,hdd,case,optic. Is much more expensive than ps4.

2. Nvidia HairWorks and by youtuber Gopher is not optimized and takes big performance hit and it is not usable without sli.

I am not a hater and i love cd projekt red and i love what thay done with game, It is beautiful but if you want to do pc gamers justice don't go all ubisoft with nvidia teach (physic, hairworks,...) and call it finished because it is not and optimization is shit and not usable for 99% of pc gamers.
You have beautiful engine use it, give us better textures, more realistic lighting, fx particles, something that wont crush are performance while giving us options to have more beautiful game and be PC company again (if not now do us justice with enhanced edition but be quick :D ).
Again i respect you immensely, and you are by far the best developers and company in gaming. You are mine beacon of hope against developers like ubisoft,bioware,and now days rockstar because of gta IV and now V with shit optimatisation and by far the shitiest techincal support.

How can you tell the difference when it's youtube videos, all we can see is it seems to have the same assets but we can't tell the quality. PS4=ultra wont be true (some settings will be medium and others like textures will be high), we can already see the PS4 version has low shadow distance. Then things like HBAO+ wont be in PS4 version, mods will enhance the graphics etc...

To pr0digy:
You are right i seen ps4 footage hour before and than to me it looked in par with pc, i see now the difference with shadows, but that alone is small thing, i know about mods thay done miracle with skyrim, but again i dont see many mods on witcher 2 nexus page. The thing is we dont need to closely analyse difference between pc and console because it should be so much more apparent. Sry for mine english it is not mine native language ;)

---------- Updated at 08:32 AM ----------

sidspyker i compensate you :D

To be honest now a days most games look pretty similar on the PC and especially the PS4.
Of course there are stuff like AA, better shadows, and so forth that give the PC version a slight edge, but as a long time PC gamer I have been asking myself the question of wether it is worth it to spend more than a thousand bucks to get that slight edge.
It did not use to be this way at least not as far as I remember.
Sony backs the Playstation and Microsoft backs Xbox, but PCs seem to have become outcasts like Witchers.

To be honest now a days most games look pretty similar on the PC and especially the PS4.
Of course there are stuff like AA, better shadows, and so forth that give the PC version a slight edge, but as a long time PC gamer I have been asking myself the question of wether it is worth it to spend more than a thousand bucks to get that slight edge.
Sony backs the Playstation and Microsoft backs Xbox, but PCs seem to have become outcasts like Witchers.

I couldn't say it better, but we are investing in Nvidia, Intel, Amd, and all other companies that produce mother boards, ram memories, hard drives and so on... What is ps4 if not amd product? We keep the wheels of industry rolling ;)

---------- Updated at 09:12 AM ----------

Likewise.

What are you talking about, you did not give me red point ?

Last edited:
Honestly, I think that besides of drawing distance, frame-rate and cleanliness, the Ps4 version is really, really, really good and not far worse than the PC version.

I was expecting much more compromises and downtoning, but CD Projekt did the best job possible on console. They also kept special effects I didn't think would have been featured, like the wind shaking the trees and the hair, as well as good lightening and awesome weather system. Also the colors are so vivid!
Hats off!

No need to look at other footages. It's official: I'll buy a PS4 only for this game.
Thank you CD Projekt!

Attachments

• foka.jpg
    foka.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 73
1. 60 fps on gtx 980 (ultra=ps4) and do know that her alone without rest of components: mb,ram,cpu,psu,cooling,hdd,case,optic. Is much more expensive than ps4.

2. Nvidia HairWorks and by youtuber Gopher is not optimized and takes big performance hit and it is not usable without sli.

don't go all ubisoft with nvidia teach (physic, hairworks,...) and call it finished because it is not and optimization is shit and not usable for 99% of pc gamers.

What are you talking about, you did not give me red point ?
No I did not.

I pay a thousand dollars to get the freedom not the graphical edge, I mean there is no substitute for the mods which nowadays happen for every game whether or not they are officially supported, 60 fps goodness, the keyboard and mouse which is my childhood favorite control scheme (I play games like Devil May Cry with KB&M) and of course the satisfaction of building my own system just the way I like. Everything other than that is a bonus for me, of course it doesn't hurt if I get that bonus more often ;)

But I would like to congratulate CDPR for making the game as best as possible on all platforms. I am sure PC version will have it's own charm :)

Honestly, I think that besides of drawing distance, frame-rate and cleanliness, the Ps4 version is really, really, really good and not far worse than the PC version.

I was expecting much more compromises and downtoning, but CD Projekt did the best job possible on console. They also kept special effects I didn't think would have been featured, like the wind shaking the trees and the hair, as well as good lightening and awesome weather system. Also the colors are so vivid!
Hats off!

No need to look at other footages. It's official: I'll buy a PS4 only for this game.
Thank you CD Projekt!

I purchased gtx 970 because of this game, and now i think i made mistake. This once was a pc oriented company and i just want developers to make more effort in pc development. And all of tham are now pro consoles :(

---------- Updated at 09:43 AM ----------

Likewise. :p

Then please explain me this post ?

@Mishikedman and how exactly you conclude this statement ?
From youtube videos with no clear source what resolution or graphic setting they are ?
Not to mention each YTuber use his own rendering settings, which affects the outcome greatly.
This is just :facepalm:

You should wait for uncompressed gold build ultra footage (btw we haven't seen one so far) and uncompressed PS4 footage, before jumping to assumptions.

I would argue that to be able to run games at high resolutions (1440p and up) with different aspect ratios (21:9) with multimonitor setups (eyefinity & surround) counts as "graphical edge". Not to mention the usual benefits of opting for a PC game ( Better AA, AF, shadows, lighting, textures LOD distance, reflections, Physx/Hairworks etc. etc.) even if the differences aren't worlds apart.

Also on a more personal note, regarding that freedom @tahirahmed mentioned. I would have a hard time hooking up my DAC/headphone amp combo to a console. Can't really imagine playing the game without my kickass audio setup.

Then please explain me this post ?
It was a jab at sid, not you.

Last edited:
DukeAlmighty i so wish i am wrong about this and you are right maybe i am jumping in conclusion... But if mine prediction turn right, is it ok with you that we give so much more money and have more or less same product in return? If yes than fuck pc gaming.

---------- Updated at 10:06 AM ----------

eskiMoe are you satisfied with gtx 970 in sli, what games are you playing and do you have any problems with setup ?

:facepalm:

It's well known fact that PC gaming right now is more expensive than consoles, and in order to get better quality & and performance you need quite expensive PC...
At least for now.. new Gen consoles are new and powerful, but there won't be new console for at least 4 years, meanwhile PC will get stronger and cheaper..

If all you do with a PC is game... then it is an expensive investment to get more or less the same thing.

However, I use my PC for GIS processing, and a 1001 other non-gaming entertainments and tasks*. The PS4 is much more limited in that regard. Still I keep the costs down a bit by not choosing bleeding edge technologies. 980s in SLI isn't "future proofing" it is throwing money at a problem that doesn't really exist.
*I'd note that most of them are still pure entertainment, just that they aren't necessarily games. A small fraction of the 'work' I do on it is remunerated in any manner.

As a rough guide, it seems as if a standard PC built to roughly PS4 performance levels would cost around £700 ... while the PS4 can be had for half that. For me, the PC is useful enough to spend a little more on than that basic level of £700... but not 3-4 times as much. The costs increase steeply, the performance rather less so. (SLI adds no more than 15-20%, but will cost double a single GPU of the same type ~ CPUs only increase system performance a similar degree, but can be orders of magnitude different in price.)

Of course, you might value your leisure differently... either not seeing any point in a "work" machine, and therefore not wanting to waste any money on a general purpose PC... or valuing the entertainment above all other considerations and prepared to spend several thousands on a premium gaming PC... Neither floats my boat, but I can see how others might have the opportunity and means that result in these choices instead of those I make.

They have assets but they don't spend them well, that is what developers do with pc gaming. Pc gaming don't need to be expensive! down the line in a couple of years there will be Assassin's Creed 8 and it will run like shit on gtx 970, while running ok on a ps4. And artificially are investment will be absolute.
Can you explain me that ongoing trend that is pc gaming?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom