Difference between pc and ps4 version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at me... I am the oddest PC gamer here, because first, I update my PC in order to have a powerful rig for my own needs. Second, thanks that update I will be able to enjoy of a great game. And others, later. And make vitural stuff too like 3Ds creations....

I'm not this kind normal of people who buy one game first and then go for buying a PC rig and fear of being short I choose the most powerful on the market. $2000 for a $60 game vs $400 for a 70$ game.... logic dictates. Nodaway, people is free to do what they want.

As I say, I'm very odd.

They have assets but they don't spend them well, that is what developers do with pc gaming. Pc gaming don't need to be expensive! down the line in a couple of years there will be Assassin's Creed 8 and it will run like shit on gtx 970, while running ok on a ps4. And artificially are investment will be absolute.
Can you explain me that ongoing trend that is pc gaming?
What?

Look at me... I am the oddest PC gamer here, because first, I update my PC in order to have a powerful rig for my own needs. Second, thanks that update I will be able to enjoy of a great game. And others, later. And make vitural stuff too like 3Ds creations....

I'm not this kind normal of people who buy one game first and then go for buying a PC rig and fear of being short I choose the most powerful on the market. $2000 for a $60 game vs $400 for a 70$ game.... logic dictates. Nodaway, people is free to do what they want.

As I say, I'm very odd.

I did not talk about upgrading habits and reasons for it you mised my point. I will try to explain you, ps4 have 7870 gpu, that gpu is very old and week comper to 2015 high end rig with Gtx 980,970 titans,x, r9 290, 290x... How come that old 7870 in 2-3 year time will run better games than today high end graphics cards?

I did not talk about upgrading habits and reasons for it you mised my point. I will try to explain you, ps4 have 7870 gpu, that gpu is very old and week comper to 2015 high end rig with Gtx 980,970 titans,x, r9 290, 290x... How come that old 7870 in 2-3 year time will run better games than today high end graphics cards?

Optimizations. As the PS4 is a closed system, they can optimize the game to run at the best performance on this GPU. They are all the same. And the longer they work on that machine, the longer they can extract better performances from it.
As for PCs, they are open system, and every PC is a different machine. So, it could be harder for developers to optimize their games properly for every gpu on the market.

But, I don't believe that the PS4 GPU's has a better performance than high end gpu on the market.

EDIT: If you look to the most recent games on last gen consoles, you can say that some developers made some miracles on those 7/8 yo machines.

Last edited:

I don't know... Buy and throw?

Rafaelmendes can gtx 460 play gta V ? Can it xbox 360 ? My point is today high end gpu are better now but tomorrow thay will be absolute by same hardwere in ps4. Thing is closed system are ok, but api is what matters dx11, if you optimize game to run on lower hardwere than it could only run better on high end one, butt than nvidia and other companies will have smaller profit nad thay lose money and that is bad for them. Do you see the truth pc is drag down because of consoles and profit for other companies, cd projekt red accomplished so much with witcher 2 in terms of graphics fidelity and that game can run very good on gtx 260. What 2015 games can gtx 260 run ? When microsoft and nvidia put there fingers in something do know it will be ruined for pc players.

Rafaelmendes can gtx 460 play gta V ? Can it xbox 360 ? My point is today high end gpu are better now but tomorrow thay will be absolute by same hardwere in ps4. Thing is closed system are ok, but api is what matters dx11, if you optimize game to run on lower hardwere than it could only run better on high end one, butt than nvidia and other companies will have smaller profit nad thay lose money and that is bad for them. Do you see the truth pc is drag down because of consoles and profit for other companies, cd projekt red accomplished so much with witcher 2 in terms of graphics fidelity and that game can run very good on gtx 260. What 2015 games can gtx 260 run ? When microsoft and nvidia put there fingers in something do know it will be ruined for pc players.

gtx460 playing GTAV

gtx 260 playing GTAV

Not every country is rich as spain i mean if you live in catalonian part. My contry is ravaged by war, bombarded by nato, destroyed by civil war, orchestrated by America. We are poor and month celery is not enough for one gtx 970. We dont throw are stuff. Do know african people are starving and you trow money like that. Good for you.

Not every country is rich as spain i mean if you live in catalonian part. My contry is ravaged by war, bombarded by nato, destroyed by civil war, orchestrated by America. We are poor and month celery is not enough for one gtx 970. We dont throw are stuff. Do know african people are starving and you trow money like that. Good for you.

I aware about disasters of the world, and I'm sorry about them. And I know other places where to do something about it.

Please, PM me if you want to critize my personal acts which you are freely prejudging here. What I do and Why I do it concern to me.

I will try to explain you, ps4 have 7870 gpu, that gpu is very old and weak
The 7870 is a decent GPU and definitely not weak, the newer AMD R9 270(X) are the same card overclocked so clearly it's not THAT OLD. It's the same core with a few changes.

but api is what matters dx11
Yes API matters and DirectX11 is an API that is severely bottlenecked and outdone by the console API too easily, hence why they can extract more performance from lesser hardware. DX11 is currently the most limiting factor with a huge overhead, not really an issue on the console side. For example - You may need to draw/switch an object or texture, on PC that takes thousands of clock cycles, on consoles? less than 100. It's a big difference.

Consoles also have 1 single memory pool, on PC you have to copy data continuously between RAM and VRAM. This also reduces performance. So before you bash those little console machines for having weaker hardware, notice that they use it roughly twice as efficiently as a PC, we on the PC side are essentially brute-forcing for much smaller gains (also, focusing on a single, unchanging spec makes a difference).

I aware about disasters of the world, and I'm sorry about them. And I know other places where to do something about it.

Please, PM me if you want to critize my personal acts which you are freely prejudging here. What I do and Why I do it concern to me.

Everything we do or say can provoke response, mine was to respond you on what you openly stated on this forum, i dont judge you i cant do that because i dont know you. You are maybe good persone maybe not, but thing is try and say on chelsea side off stadion arsenal rule and you see it wouldn't matter to them who you are you will get yours.

---------- Updated at 01:32 PM ----------

The 7870 is a decent GPU and definitely not weak, the newer AMD R9 270(X) are the same card overclocked so clearly it's not THAT OLD. It's the same core with a few changes.

Yes API matters and DirectX11 is an API that is severely bottlenecked and outdone by the console API too easily, hence why they can extract more performance from lesser hardware. DX11 is currently the most limiting factor with a huge overhead, not really an issue on the console side. For example - You may need to draw/switch an object or texture, on PC that takes thousands of clock cycles, on consoles? less than 100. It's a big difference.

Consoles also have 1 single memory pool, on PC you have to copy data continuously between RAM and VRAM. This also reduces performance. So before you bash those little console machines for having weaker hardware, notice that they use it roughly twice as efficiently as a PC, we on the PC side are essentially brute-forcing for much smaller gains (also, focusing on a single, unchanging spec makes a difference).

And tomorrow out of blue Microsoft need to sell windows 10 and offer us unified sli memory, with low level api that is good for cpu-s. Did you really think there is no software to make pc hardware more efficient ? All is in software and how much work you put in it ;) Look at Star Citizen pc only game ;)

Everything we do or say can provoke response, mine was to respond you on what you openly stated on this forum, i dont judge you i cant do that because i dont know you. You are maybe good persone maybe not, but thing is try and say on chelsea side off stadion arsenal rule and you see it wouldn't matter to them who you are you will get yours.

What I've state?

I don't understand Chelsea-Arsenal reference. do you mind to expplain it to me in order to continue this thread clearer?

I didn't think there was a single person who believed those lies. Welp
It's a broad ballpark but not a lie, how exactly is it a lie? Which AMD Jaguar+7870 have you seen performing even nearly at the same level as either of the two consoles?

And tomorrow out of blue Microsoft need to sell windows 10 and offer us unified sli memory, with low level api that is good for cpu-s
That's... exactly what I'm saying DirectX11 restricts PCs in many ways, the same limitations don't apply to consoles, they can do more with worse hardware in many instances. PCs need a low-level API - DirectX12/Vulkan, Consoles are already using low-level API. They also have a fixed spec, which does matter.

Those 900p resolutions with dips into the 20fps really show the power of the ps4.........
Very funny. A GTX 980+i7-4960X does 26fps in Star Swarm, does that shows you the power of PC? 26fps. Bloated with the slow and inefficient API called DirectX11. The same hardware does 66fps using DirectX12.

The point is that console API is very efficient, PC APIs currently are not, they're getting a run for their money.

Last edited:
It's a broad ballpark but not a lie, how exactly is it a lie? Which AMD Jaguar+7870 have you seen performing even nearly at the same level as either of the two consoles?

Those 900p resolutions with dips into the 20fps really show the power of the ps4.........

What I've state?

I don't understand Chelsea-Arsenal reference. do you mind to expplain it to me in order to continue this thread clearer?

They are football teams and they are great rivals. Like rich and poor people if you presume that good thing would be to throw are hard payd stuff than mine friend you should not be surprised with mine comment before ;) And that is only a comment not statement because again i dont know who you are.

They are football teams and they are great rivals. Like rich and poor people if you presume that good thing would be to throw are hard payd stuff than mine friend you should not be surprised with mine comment before ;) And that is only a comment not statement because again i dont know who you are.

Are you refering about this?

Buy and Throw is a reference to the planned obsolescence, The light bulb conspiracy. Sorry if I've not given more information in my posts. It was a criticism to big companies, no a people or personal attack.

I apologize for the lack of info in my reply.

That is truth attest for assassins creed unity ;)

---------- Updated at 01:50 PM ----------

Are you refering about this?

Buy and Throw is a reference to the planned obsolescence, The light bulb conspiracy. Sorry if I've not given more information in my posts. It was a criticism to big companies, no a people or personal attack.

I apologize for the lack of info in my reply.

Then i apologize to you, sory i misunderstood you ;)

did you expect it to look absolutely the same or what?

all in all, it's PS4. You'd probalbly have to wait for ultra steam machines to get console footage to look as good as PC ultra

:rly?:
Several posts deleted. Let's get one thing clear, we're here to discuss the topic. If you're going to start platform bashing and "PC master race" in insulting tones, you can get off the forums right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom