Difference between pc and ps4 version

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a known fact that consoles outmatch any computer in term of using components to the he best of their capacity. I'm a PC player and even I can admit that.

BUT, comparing PS4 / PC at the moment is just not coherent. Why you ask ? let me explain :

- When you see a screenshot or video from PS4, you see it with all possible option available to it and the best optimisation possible considering they only have to optimise for 1 system.

- When you see a PC screenshot or video from PC AT THE MOMENT, just remember what CDPR said a few months ago: they will not show full ULTRA PC rendering until the game launch. I'm not sure why but I was at a conference from Marcin Iwiński in Paris a few months ago and he said that technology to play W3 on full ultra detail with 60 fps wasn't out YET.

- So to be able to compare PS4 to PC you'll have to have access to the FULL ULTRA options of the game on PC, which at the moment, is not possible.

- At first glance on the PS4 version I could tell the shadows where barely medium, draw distance was low (especially for NPC poping out of nowhere and ground clutter), it was clearly 30fps and I'm pretty sure fps will drop in scenes with heavy effects and npc's.

- BUT I have to admit CDPR did a good job for this PS4 version which seems very nice if you can content yourself with it.

ps4 mostly uses high meshes/textures with at least hbao.Those are the most noticable ( apart from terrain quality)

an in pc , ultra vs high isnt THAT noticalbe ( it is there , maybe 5-10%)inc not more

I played dragon age inquisition on PS4 and PC ultra setting (GTX780Ti+i74790)
Check My PSN Xtreme-Void and Origin Xtreme-Void

Here what I though :
- The graphic is more smooth, sometimes on PS4 I notice blurred spots on my Inquisitor face, on the PC it don't exist.
- The draw distance looks more long and very crisp.
- I notice sometimes there is slight lags on PS4.
- The Dragon age emblem on the right down corner is much more smaller on PC (loading screen).

That the only thing noticeable for me, there maybe more more I missed.

I can see why people saying that PS4 and PC graphic looks the same, because the assets is the same
(the texture, the mesh maybe the only thing most people notice, crispness, draw distance, anti aliasing and shadows is not really noticeable in a seconds glance)
Until someone modded it to be better. (Skyrim)

Dragon age inquisition is soo not optimized for pc it have draw distance issues and it render distances are abnormally high and they cause drop in fps and perfomance and game stutter alot... Again something to think, all Inquisition pefomance problems appears with update 2. And were not fixed to this date and support is silent.

Dragon age inquisition is soo not optimized for pc it have draw distance issues and it render distances are abnormally high and they cause drop in fps and perfomance and game stutter alot... Again something to think, all Inquisition pefomance problems appears with update 2. And were not fixed to this date and support is silent.

Also worth noting that DAI PC version was a poor port of the console version. All the PC GAME for PC player marketing was BS ;)

but it is probarbly the most optimized game of 2014...( it actually is decently optimized, i still have patch 1)

well in my experience it is better.

ha ha , if i remember correctly , when it was introduced first the scaling was bad.

now you see drops in scaling in maybe 4way . 2 way gives decent performance , but sadly using sli in some games causes stuttering

but it is probarbly the most optimized game of 2014...( it actually is decently optimized, i still have patch 1)

How did you do that, origin automatically updates your games to the latest version, and on the other hand pirate version commes with update no 2. And i disagree with you it is not the best port for 2014, i did not ploughing finished the game because off stutter and bugs that cause dx error and constant crashes.

---------- Updated at 03:32 PM ----------

well in my experience it is better.

Mine machine have i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz cooled with noctua nh-d14, 16 gb ram @ 1600 mhz and gigabyte gtx 970 G1. Game is on ssd. I have small ssd 120 gb and i tend to play two game until i finish them. What mahine you have ?

Seems like this thread quickly becomes general off-topic for graphics and "why platform X is better/worse" etc.

Either it comes back on track or gets locked.

Seems like this thread quickly becomes general off-topic for graphics and "why platform X is better/worse" etc.

Either it comes back on track or gets locked.

But we are discussing about platforms, there differences and perfomances. It is on topic because it is connected with shape of witcher 3 and other games visuals ;)

Mine machine have i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz cooled with noctua nh-d14, 16 gb ram @ 1600 mhz and gigabyte gtx 970 G1. Game is on ssd. I have small ssd 120 gb and i tend to play two game until i finish them. What mahine you have ?

I already posted mine,
by the way I only post my experience you don't have to trust me, I have full experience on PS4 and PC though
you can search the google if you want to compare for example worldsfactory and eurogamer.

But we are discussing about platforms, there differences and perfomances. It is on topic because it is connected with shape of witcher 3 and other games visuals ;)

There's already a thread for visuals discussion. There's also a thread for PC specs and I already see some flying around here. There is no need to have so many threads all covering the same topic. So as I said, please stick to discussing "Difference between PC and PS4 version" (OF THE Witcher 3, we are in TW3 forum, not other games'), not difference between PC and consoles in general.

There's already a thread for visuals discussion. There's also a thread for PC specs and I already see some flying around here. There is no need to have so many threads all covering the same topic. So as I said, please stick to discussing "Difference between PC and PS4 version" (OF THE Witcher 3, we are in TW3 forum, not other games'), not difference between PC and consoles in general.

Ok sorry my bad.

I suppose I should have clarified, footage that does not suffer from a ton of compression.
I assume that many details go lost in there.

We are comparing a PS4 with compression with Ultra with compression.
A lot of details are lost in both the footages.

We are comparing a PS4 with compression with Ultra with compression.
A lot of details are lost in both the footages.

Which only adds to the point, can you really compare when both have lost many of the details?
Glaringly big differences aside, I do not think you really can.

I feel that there is not visual difference and not single benefit for pc except two:

Benefits:

1. 60 fps on gtx 980 (ultra=ps4) and do know that her alone without rest of components: mb,ram,cpu,psu,cooling,hdd,case,optic. Is much more expensive than ps4.

2. Nvidia HairWorks and by youtuber Gopher is not optimized and takes big performance hit and it is not usable without sli.

I am not a hater and i love cd projekt red and i love what thay done with game, It is beautiful but if you want to do pc gamers justice don't go all ubisoft with nvidia teach (physic, hairworks,...) and call it finished because it is not and optimization is shit and not usable for 99% of pc gamers.
You have beautiful engine use it, give us better textures, more realistic lighting, fx particles, something that wont crush are performance while giving us options to have more beautiful game and be PC company again (if not now do us justice with enhanced edition but be quick :D ).
Again i respect you immensely, and you are by far the best developers and company in gaming. You are mine beacon of hope against developers like ubisoft,bioware,and now days rockstar because of gta IV and now V with shit optimatisation and by far the shitiest techincal support.

Gonna give you a redpint just because reading you post makes me feel smarter for choosing PS4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom