Different endings question (spoil)

+
I have only ended the game one way so far (the space option) I am trying for other option in this game, however a question. I know some endings require you have a very good relation with someone (Johnny, Panam), but does this mean the relation has to be perfect (always the right answers etc.) or can you afford pissing them off once or twice and still have their option open? Actually I was planning to do the Johnny ending, but when deciding what to do with Delamain I hadn't the option to merge due to low Intelligence, and I couldn't take the destroy option because I like Del a lot and don't want to kill him and besides I hate all those psycho car personalities, so I reset. Johnny hates that choice. I have been trying to please him after that, but will that one slip close the Johnny ending option?

I have only ended the game one way so far (the space option) I am trying for other option in this game, however a question. I know some endings require you have a very good relation with someone (Johnny, Panam), but does this mean the relation has to be perfect (always the right answers etc.) or can you afford pissing them off once or twice and still have their option open? Actually I was planning to do the Johnny ending, but when deciding what to do with Delamain I hadn't the option to merge due to low Intelligence, and I couldn't take the destroy option because I like Del a lot and don't want to kill him and besides I hate all those psycho car personalities, so I reset. Johnny hates that choice. I have been trying to please him after that, but will that one slip close the Johnny ending option?
There is only one which require 70% with Johnny (edit: if you completed all the Johnny's side quests) > "Don't fear the Reaper".
(Delamain choice don't affect the relation, only dialogues during "Tapeworm")
But it's a slightly different ending than the Sun (the one you did).
More details if you want (spoiler) : Secret ending

And for Panam, you have to complete "Queen Of The Highway", so be in "good" relation with her :)

Last edited:
Don’t fear the reaper doesn’t even need 70% - it’s a myth you only need to take the right answers in Chippin in and Tapeworn.

My last SK took the ending with 60/40.

so no 70% is a false info.
This, generaly you get 70% by that point if you agree with Johnny and does things the way he wants.

you can even get the ending with 40%

LumberingCrane3

vor 1 Jahr
"I think a way to check if you did it right is to bring up the 'You Only Live Once' percentage after this conversation, and if you did it correctly it should be at 40%. Any other dialogue route would result at it staying at 30% even after this mission is done. That's why other websites mistakenly assume you need a 70%, because if you get a 40% here and finish the whole sidequest chain with the band, you will end up with a 70%. But it is not the 70% that you need, it's just doing it correctly here and getting 40%."

@Caralampio

There you go:

you can also read the comments below the video to clean your head regarding the "70% myth" - have fun ^^

Last edited:
For sure, but if you already completed all the Johnny's side quests and didn't reach 70%, it's dead (which I assume @Caralampio has already done). He can wait whatever the time he want with let's say, 60%... Johnny won't suggest anything on the roof.
All is on the link posted in my first post :
Secret ending
There is a secret variation of The Sun ending in which V and Silverhand storm Arasaka Tower all by themselves. To get this ending, you need to choose a specific dialogue at the end of the Chippin' In quest. During the conversation with Johnny in the oilfields choose the following (the rest doesn't matter):
  • "Nah, fucked that up too."
  • "What do you want from me?"
  • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
After choosing that last dialogue, Johnny's affinity will go up to 40%, and the secret ending will be unlocked. Note: Only this dialogue will work. Choosing the other ones or having a higher affinity by doing the side quests won't change the outcome. As long as you get that 40% during that specific dialogue, you can do any quest you want, even if you choose to go directly to Hanako after finishing Chippin' In.

Whenever you decide, proceed with Nocturne Op55N1. On the rooftop with Misty, after the small talk with Johnny, you'll be given the option of asking Hanako (or Rogue and Panam if you also finished their quests) for help. Don't proceed with any of the possible choices and wait patiently without doing anything. After roughly 5 minutes, Johnny will take V's silence into consideration and offer one more option. This will trigger the quest (Don't Fear) The Reaper in which V and Johnny take part in a "suicide run" by walking through the front door of Arasaka Tower and taking on the enemy alone.

If V dies at any point, the credits roll and the game is over, and all characters will react as if V had committed suicide.

If V is successful in uploading Alt and connecting to Mikoshi, this will lead to The Sun or Temperance endings, depending on what V chooses to do with their body. This is also the only way Rogue will appear in Path of Glory.

Nah just not true you need to get at least 40% in specific dialog options with the right answers.
talking about 60-70% is needed is just a false information.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not get into personal skirmishes, and also refrain from posting personal attacks. Content deleted.

Several of you mention reaching 40%, 70%, is there a way to know how the relation is going?

Several of you mention reaching 40%, 70%, is there a way to know how the relation is going?
During "Tapeworm" (the dialogues with Johnny after each main quests), if you didn't skip them by taking pills, you should be fine.
So at the oilfields at the end of Chippin' In, after the dialogue, you should reach 40% (details below in the spoiler). It will unlock the ending (Don't Fear The Reaper)
Then if you complete all the Johnny's side quests, you will end at 70%.
There is a secret variation of The Sun ending in which V and Silverhand storm Arasaka Tower all by themselves. To get this ending, you need to choose a specific dialogue at the end of the Chippin' In quest. During the conversation with Johnny in the oilfields choose the following (the rest doesn't matter):
  • "Nah, fucked that up too."
  • "What do you want from me?"
  • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
After choosing that last dialogue, Johnny's affinity will go up to 40%, and the secret ending will be unlocked. Note: Only this dialogue will work. Choosing the other ones or having a higher affinity by doing the side quests won't change the outcome. As long as you get that 40% during that specific dialogue, you can do any quest you want, even if you choose to go directly to Hanako after finishing Chippin' In.
Johnny.jpg

Even more details > Secret ending

Last edited:
Top Bottom