Different game-modes in Gwent

+

Should there be different game-modes in Gwent ?

• Total voters
While addition of new cards help shift the meta, there will always be a few predominant decks. Hence diversity, or the change in the way we play the game will only occur every few months, and not even then will we come close to play someting fun/ meme-decks, while staying competitive.
Hearthstone has a game mode "Tavern brawl" with special rules/predifined decks that changes weekly.
By no means i imply that the system is perfect, but what I belive is that Gwent could archieve huge potential by implementhing this game mode in the right way.

Every few weeks we could have different game modes (Developers would have enough time to implement something creative). A few examples could be:
- Blitz mode: you have 30 seconds to make a move. This encourages us to play simple decks or more synergetic, depending on knowledge of a deck, thus weighting risk and reward of playing specific decks (I.e Ethene control, that requires puzzle solving to truly shine).
- Modification of leader ability (I.e choice based system, where the leader either can perform one or another action). Encouraging inclusion of different synergetic units.
- Row mechanic: Ranged-give one charge, Melee increase damage done by abilities by 1.
- Weather special effects: Biting frost could have: If 1 unit is on this row, increase damage done by 1 or delay a charge.

The options are many. This could give developers time to experiment, and introduce new and maybe more innovative cards, based on what has worked best in the game-mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I play someone slow I'm really wishing for a blitz mode. My only concern would be the player base being fractured more which would hurt queue times.

Top Bottom