Difficulty Automatically changing to Just for story! cant play death match, ruining achievements.

+
Difficulty Automatically changing to Just for story! cant play death match, ruining achievements.

So im playing on death march. as soon as i made a save game before the **MINOR SPOILERS** devil in the well fight. beat them both on death march then made a "death march save" after beating the griffin... went back to the original manuel save and beat the devil/griffin with no signs/potions etc for the achievement... loaded back up the death march save played until you go in the cave in velen where the game automatically switches to the easiest mode.

once i realized, I went back to my save just after the griffin... did it all again on death march, got to the cave and it switched to easy again... never going to get the achievement for beating it on death march, and I kind of dont even want to put the time and effort into playing if i'm not going get that coveted 100GS:(
---
GT: Motion Man

I know this isn't the best solution but try setting your user.settings in Documents\Witcher 3 to read only.

EDIT Oh, actually, that won't help you 'cause I guess you're playing on Xbox One.

Last edited:
+1. This is really irritating. I want to enjoy the game not have to worry about making sure this hasn't happened again, and it has, twice.

Yep after the newest patch it reset my difficulty from blood and broken bones to just the story.

I didn't realise until I had wasted another 10 hours in the game. This is absolute bullshit and I think that cd projekt red need to do something to address it.

Lower the threshold for the achievement so maybe you only have to complete 90 percent of the game on said difficulty mandatory that the final few missions have to be.

I dunno what else to suggest short of them being able to edit our game States somehow.

Doubt they will do anything or even apologies or address the issue, haven't said anything in my previous threads.

Sigh cheers for breaking a game. And maybe tell people you're going to reset their game difficulty

Top Bottom