Difficulty Balancing - Bullet Sponges and comparison

+
Hi dear CDPR staff,

to have a little more of a challenge I enjoy playing Cyberpunk on the highest level of difficulty. However, I notice that the fast-firing weapons are kinda useless then because the enemies can take way too many hits. Especially the (smart) SMGs just eat my ammunition and it feels like you need to waste a full mag on every enemy (if that's even enough). So in the end, and not for the first time, I just go for very strong long-distance weapons or similarly strong melee weapons, while the rest is kinda unsuited. However this makes a wide choice of weapons obsolete. I also think that there are still big AI issues such as the fact that enemies simply suck at hacking you (can they even stun or blinden you, or disable your weapon?) and that you can easily outrun melee enemies, which should definitely be able to give you more trouble.

In parallel, I am currently playing "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus" and although it is not a roleplaying game, it is a very good example of how to provide a challenging, high level of difficulty with strong enemies but no bullet sponges (besides the bosses, but that's by design of course). Combat is thus intense and fast, you might die a lot as you can only take very few hits (if even!), but winning is very satisfying then. I know that it doesn't get together 100% as cp77 is a role-playing game (too), but I think it is an example to take some inspiration from. In addition, the Wolfenstein games by Machine Games show how to include a quite wide variety of weapons which all make sense (also considering their individually possible upgrades).

Especially the (smart) SMGs just eat my ammunition and it feels like you need to waste a full mag on every enemy (if that's even enough).
Did you have any perks which affect SMG (in Reflex > Assault) ?
(without, sure SMGs are rather "weak" as assault rifles are too^^)
Just a short video for testing smart weapons in 1.6+ (I don't have any perk in Reflex...)

Top Bottom