Difficulty indicators & level recommendations | Low INT/COOL reactivity?

+
Are there going to be toggles for disabling difficulty indicators (like the skull icon above NPCs' or creatures' heads in The Witcher 3) as well as the recommended level warnings for quests?

Iirc, in The Witcher 3 you could turn off the indicators but there was no such option for disabling the level recommendations in the quest log. Which was irritating because you couldn't really see past and ignore the level number being so prominently displayed next to the quest's title in each entry.

In case you wonder - yes, I'm one of those players who like to find out the hard way if a quest or mission is way above their level, their V's current stats or attributes allocation or skills available. Even if it takes reloading over and over and over again to eventually come to the realisation that the quest in question actually might be too challenging, at least for the moment.
After all, this punishing (but all the more rewarding and satisfying if you manage to pull it off regardless) way to go about it is one of the many ways to 'enjoy' a game too and considering how relatively easy an On/Off toggle should be to implement I'd really appreciate if CDPRED could do this masochist (and surely others as well) the favour this time around.

I also wondered if a low Intelligence and/or low Cool character would have a similarly unique and more challenging experience as in the original Fallouts?
Probably not to the extent this was taken to and realised in those games (it'd be great if it was though):

"With a dimwitted player character, many non-player characters will simply shrug one off, while others will insult or even attack them. It is possible to complete the game as an idiot, but most side-quests are impossible to do, and character growth is limited, as is the story involvement possible - while it is possible to bumble through the main quests, almost all plot details and background information will be left missing. Furthermore, due to limited-at-best non-player character interaction, almost all side-quests are unavailable."

but maybe low INT and/or low COOL being checked against for some special interactions or reactivity here and there. Like NPCs commenting on the almost tangible aura of Uncoolness encompassing and radiating from V or even certain companions unwilling to work with or accompany V on missions.

Last edited:
I really like your first point.
Knowing that quests cannot be failed, it would just make the quest graph look like having much bigger breadth, so more options of traversing felt.

The second is cool to me too :)

Dimwitted challenge accepted.:smart:
1593391341382.png

I don't believe that you're gonna be refused a side quest based on your INT level ; you would more likely (and surely) not be able to use INT to pass some "gates" but there will be alternative ways of passing like brute force, sneaking, etc. I think what you mentioned belongs to Fallout's game philosophy, being able to design our character how we want to some extremes, like playing an illiterate folk just for the fun of it. I don't think we will get that in Cyberpunk 77, since V already has a base of background and personality (that the player will complete in the chara creation).

About the difficulty indicators, I see no reason to not having these options, and I follow the players who ask for more difficulty. I'm not a skilled player at all, and few are the games which difficulty looks fair to the point that it makes me wanna invest time and challenge myself. In the other hand, many games just feel so grindy that I lower the difficulty level just to avoid that (I hate bullet sponges).

In the other hand, many games just feel so grindy that I lower the difficulty level just to avoid that (I hate bullet sponges).
I totally get what you mean. Any sort of grind makes me quit games instantly without a second thought, never to return.
If I am challenged, and the whole process is exciting and fun, and I do not feel "UGHHHHHHH CMON THIS IS TAKING FOREVER" but instead I'm like "whoa this is SO FUN, wow that was a challenge, but I feel very good that I was able to overcome it!" even if it takes a while, then I'm okay with it, but as long as "it" isn't "grind". There's a very good reason "grind" is called "grind", it's because it's Not fun. If you're having fun, it's not really a grind. Technically speaking.

I just don't like frustrating and tedious and grindy things in video games because I play video games for enjoyment, not to punish myself further. Again, I love a good challenge, but not self-torture. Video games are great escapism, even if they're in a messed up lore-world like Cyberpunk2077 where everything is, well the way it is in cyberpunk-lore-world, so I'm not saying anything bad about that in any way. All I'm saying is, if the video game annoys me and makes me feel bad the way that life does, it's in my opinion, a bad game, or literally "not a game" by my definitions. Instead, I just call it what it is, a torture device. Games have to be fun, or I don't consider them games any more.

I know a huge amount of people are going to misunderstand me and what I said, and will think that I just want everything to be easy and no challenge, but that is not true at all. :shrug:

Top Bottom