Difficulty is completely whacked

+
Because I don't want to have to use mods to have decent difficulty scaling in a game? Or maybe because even with mods to try to balance the game better, it's still nowhere close to what it should be.

Probably both.
Without mods, I think in easy mode, you should be able to slice these two dudes easily with Satori :)
(and except the difficulty itself, there is no point to play in higher difficulty. No bonus reward, no additional xp, nothing).

Feel free to prove it to me by showing me how you own the scene I gave in the OP.
prove what exactly? how to sneak and stealth-knock-down them on very hard? did that on 9 chars across all patches (2 chars after 1.5(2)) on ps4. there is no need for a single bullet or dmg-adjustment mod at all... like others already mentioned in this thread o.o

for me as consolero its funny to see if pc player use mods and moan about instability or weird balancing/acting... just dont use mods at all... or deal with the mess... - very hard isn't very hard at all tho... even easier below very hard...

Last edited:
Because I don't want to have to use mods to have decent difficulty scaling in a game? Or maybe because even with mods to try to balance the game better, it's still nowhere close to what it should be.

Probably both.
Post automatically merged:

Feel free to prove it to me by showing me how you own the scene I gave in the OP.

That's the thing though. You're not balancing the game, you're just making it easier on yourself by increasing your damage and lowering the enemies'.

If you didn't want to play with mods, you should've lowered the difficulty. It would've achieved exactly what you wanted without the use of mods.

There more than enough proof out there that it can easily be done on very hard. They may not be on 1.52 but 1.52 only removed the crazy crit rate/damage one could achieve. Which you don't really have at that point of the game even before 1.52.

I get that you're unhappy with the responses you're getting but one of the most common complaint leveled at the game is how easy it is. At level 17 you should be breezing through that section, not running out of bullets.

Either your mods' values are out of whack and not working properly or you should lower the difficulty. Plain and simple. You could also adjust the mod's values since it's adjustable and achieve whatever "balance" you feel is right. I know you said removing the mods made things worse but your values might not be returning to their normal values when you simply load a game that previously had the mods installed.

You have every tool at your disposal to make things easier on yourself. Use those tools.

You are using mods to increase your damage and lower enemy damage

Seems like "decent difficulty scaling" is just making the game easier

Make you stronger and enemies weaker doesn't balance anything

You make a thread about difficulty, knowing well you're using two pretty big mods that change the difficulty of the game, and you complain about some of the responses you are getting. And being very impolite to Notserious80 on top.
I don't know what you were expecting. This would've been such an easier issue to deal with if there wasn't any mods in play, but no.

Even on Very Hard, at level 17, it is simply impossible for those two guards to be that much difficult to deal with. And this isn't even counting the fact that you can knockdown both of them with Jackie.

The only reason I can think of to not stealth knockdown them (because I do it myself) is wanting to level up a different skill than Ninjustsu by killing them "manually" with a weapon. Is that the reason why, just for a little bit of context?

Have you managed to kill them by now, since you posted this thread? If yes, what about the following fight sections of The Heist, is everybody else also giving you trouble there?

If no, then as mentioned above, there has to be something going with your mods, perhaps even after removing them. At this point this everything all of us can try guessing about your issue here, because again, you are over-leveled for the area, pistol spec'd on top and using one of the best guns in the game (assuming you're using Kongou ; unless you added another weapon to your inventory through the console).

yeah just stealth them at whatever level. stealth killing is extremely OP. If you head up the stairs and wait a sec till after they have talked they split up and you can take them out one at a time.

Make sure you pick up the pistol from the night stand as well and equip it in number one slot for the drones later on when you make your escape

Quite surprising, plenty of players think that the game is way too easy :D
On a side note, This katana (Satori) have "very low base damage" but an insane "crit bonus". So it's probably not a good idea to use it "early game" when you crit chances are near to 0% ;)
Satori is easily the best weapon in the game i have 1300 hours in this game. Your crit chances arent 0 lol
Post automatically merged:

Whats the point of playing on hard if you use a mod?

Last edited:
Satori is easily the best weapon in the game i have 1300 hours in this game. Your crit chances arent 0 lol
Early game, since 1.5 crit chances are very low (less than 15% it's low).
Mainly due to Satori special ability : "Deals massive Crit Hit damage, but reduces base damage by 20%"
If you ask me, Black Unicorn is a best choice early game (it deal way more base damages). But when you reach a certain point and start using a good Sandevistan (and several crit chances mods/cyberwares/perks), Satori is damn good ;)
Even in stealth, with the perk which garantee to always deal a crit damage when crouching, with Satori, it's instant death each time :)

Last edited:
Personally I really start to like Wakas Katana the higher Bleeding attribute combined with the bleeding perks and HP-generation on bleeding enemies is just fun. Raging in Hack n Slay vs. several enemies at once is so much more satisfying than stealth crouching imo.

I just tried it with a gun, a Rare YukiMura I made just before going onto the roof and on Hard they almost killed me. I had to pop a health inhaler and dodge inbetween killing them.

I also tried it with the gun you find in the penthouse and almost died too.

They aren't as easy as people think, I prefer the silent approach.

At level 18 on a PC. No Mods.

I notice on that video they Short Circuit the first guy, they then shoot the other, so basically that video does not apply to this topic as they are talking about weapons only. I am also trying to figure out how they have changed the colours.

Also look at their cyberdeck. A legendary one with six slots at SC 19, they obviously use quite a few mods, I wonder what the others are. They should be able to kill both without firing a shot or disable both with hacking but I think the OP was only using his weapon and not hacking which would have made it easier.

I notice on that video they Short Circuit the first guy, they then shoot the other, so basically that video does not apply to this topic as they are talking about weapons only. I am also trying to figure out how they have changed the colours.
@Hayte used both (cripple movement and short circuit) more to keep them busy while shooting on them (not really to deal damages). So Optic reboot or whatever the QH would make the job, i.e add as much time as needed to kill them before them shoot on you :)

they obviously use quite a few mods, I wonder what the others are.

...serious? where do these assumptions come from? „quite a few“? ... just because it looks so easy and routined (what it actually is, if u done it several times)?

You cant compete/copy it? So it’s automatically „cheating“?

Hayte & LeKill already explained what you see there and what’s „important“ (if you could say so) - keeping them busy, avoid letting them react, aim for headshots > kill them before they able to fight back.

ez.

saying he used qh or „quiet a few mods“ are just excuses...

I don't think the OP was using any of those things so that's the way I tried and it's not that easy unmodded with Kongou or really any pistol, with a defender or Psalm 11:6 it's easy.

Even though the OP has been playing for a long time I don't think they use all the tools in their armoury.

Its an old save from before Raven Microcyber street cred was increased to 40. I can't remember what it used to be. 15? It was really low anyway. That was the last save I had near where the OP was describing.

The new low level hero deck is Biodyne MK2. It has 1 less RAM for 12 street cred. As you can see from the video, you don't need RAM for this.

Cyberdecks don't increase your damage, only give you more RAM, quickhack slots and buffers, Slots and buffers are irrelevant here since I didn't upload any daemons and I only have 2 quickhacks equipped anyway (uncommon cripple movement and rare short circuit).

Just replace your starter deck with Biodyne MK2 at 12 SC and use it until you have 40 SC, then switch to Tetratronic Rippler MK4 or Netwatch Netdriver MK5. Skip Raven Microcyber entirely. Maybe try to fish rare cripple movement/reboot optics/weapon glitch before starting The Heist, because they can spread at blue rank.

Even if you never upgraded beyond Militech Paraline, you still have ICEpick and memory boost (uncommon) from Cassius Ryder to get additional RAM on kill. There is a much better way to do this with proper cyberware and actual points in a weapon tree.

Top Bottom