Difficulty randomly resets to "Just the Story" after 1.07 update (Xbox One)

+
I too have played for countless hours on 'just the story' difficulty. I probably should of realised but I thought everything was easy because I had figured out a good build haha.

I'm thinking theres a solid chance the achievement will still pop because of those warnings you mentioned. I got them aswell, if I change from the reset 'just the story' to 'story and sword' I get a warning but not for any other difficulty (I was playing on blood and broken bones). This makes sense if the code tracking the achievement thinks its still 'blood and broken bones' or in your case 'death march.'

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I am having this issue as well. I am skeptical if I should restart in Patch 1.08 if it would have the same issue as 1.07. I really hope there is any confirmation that the developers are fixing this. I am extremely frustrated about this!! I am level 20 thinking I am in death march but now its not the case. :-[

Last edited:
This happened to me and I did about 2 or 3 main story quests before I noticed the difficulty had reset. I should be done the story in a day or two and will report back if I got the achievement or not.

I just finished up the story the other day and I still got my achievements. If this problem happens to you, set it back to Death March and you should be fine. Someone else mention that there is a warning message that you will lose your achievement if you change the difficulty. This appears to only happen if you turn the difficulty down and not up, so the game never thinks you have turned it down from Death March, this is just speculation of course.

Yep. Same issue; looking though my save files, all of my 1.07 and 1.08 saves are "just the story". I must have put in 30 hours or more before realizing this. I'd have to revert all the way back to a 1.05 save to get back to deathmarch. I'm switching back to death march now that I've realized it, but I'm really upset that CDPR hasn't even responded to this important thread, or my tech support request from about 2 weeks ago now. Not even an acknowledgment. Any more stories of popping the achievement even after multiple saves on "just the story"? If so, what version number did you change back on?

Top Bottom