Digital Foundry on patch 1.2

+
It seems that patch 1.2 was not much of an improvement on consoles. Only PS4 Pro gained a few fps but at the cost of some graphical downgrade ("pop-in is now more of an issue"):

Unfortunately, I see no reasons for Sony to allow CP2077 back on the PS Store. But CDPR says otherwise, so I might be wrong.

Last edited:
What strikes me it this video is how much the Xbox version is (graphically) better than the PS version. As a PC player I did not know that.

ps4_pro_cyberpunk.jpg

Last edited:
Played a bit more in my base ps4 last night and I'm inclined to agree, there are still issues. I wouldn't go so far as to say its unplayable but when you're driving around at pace the texture degradation and the "pop in" elements are quite jarring. It's a shame, I would still recommend buying it on disc version as long as you know that the issues are there. The game as a whole is awesome.

I do not know where they took that from, looks like an oppertunistic screensave from a model that did properly load or during the split second when it did.
It sure as hell doesn't look like anything I have ever encountered.
That very thing happened to me, it is only occasional but with the more detailed unique fixed npc like this mox you get about a second as the detailed textures load if you sprint up to them. Then it's fine, doesn't seem to happen with the roaming random npc in the same way. (Maybe it's because the npc repeat so their textures are already in memory?)

Also had it happen with a couple of cars where the body loads in after the interior. Surely that could be switched around, body and doors then seats and occupants not seats firsts

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

I do not know where they took that from, looks like an oppertunistic screensave from a model that did properly load or during the split second when it did.
It sure as hell doesn't look like anything I have ever encountered.
I've had that once or twice (for hundreds of hours played) on One X - it just didn't properly. Otherwise we'd see many screenshots like that.
If they incline this happens on regular basis and only on PS - well, that's saying something about them.

For me on ps4 pro the textures are now sometimes taking time to load if I dash whereas it wasn't happening before; the graphics may have been downgraded a bit and some elements taken out but I don't realize so I'm ok with that;
everything is much darker now as also seen in the video. Sometimes this works in a much better eff3ct with the lighting other times I keep going back and forth to the ssettings to change luminosity.
What is much better are fps overall, sound fade ins and outs except for radio that is a mess now and enemy AI in combat is much better too.
This is after a new playthrough and reinstall of game

P.S. forgot to conclude: overall this makes for a better experience for me

Last edited:
On my XBSX, it work just fine (may be the only console on which it runs well). Graphics are way better, no crashes in +70H, no major bugs.

On my XBSX, it work just fine (may be the only console on which it runs well). Graphics are way better, no crashes in +70H, no major bugs.
and MY PS4 :)
No but in all seriousness, it does seem to be all over the place with what performance every player is experiencing at any given time.

No but in all seriousness, it does seem to be all over the place with what performance every player is experiencing at any given time.
Yes, but I'm sure the game would actually turn really worse on my old Xbox one X... (crash, texture bug, FPS drop, etc...). She's not enought powerfull :(
And for PS5, maybe it's the XBSX version is close to PC version (i suppose, i'am note a dev)

Are you not getting the screen space reflections sandpaper effect? What are your graphics settings?

It seems that patch 1.2 was not much of an improvement on consoles. Only PS4 Pro gained a few fps but at the cost of some graphical downgrade ("pop-in is now more of an issue"):

Unfortunately, I see no reasons for Sony to allow CP2077 back on the PS Store. But CDPR says otherwise, so I might be wrong.
If I had a console I would expect consistent gameplay because that is one of the primary reason for playing on console and anything below that is not acceptable.

If I had a console I would expect consistent gameplay because that is one of the primary reason for playing on console and anything below that is not acceptable.
this. that was always the reason why i and many of my friends play games on console - guaranteed quality, fix standart. its already sad that so many pc-games feel like betas on release but bringing this manner to console plattforms is just ridicules and not exactable in any way. sadly ubisoft started and continue doing it with mainly all of their titles from the last few years now other studios follow... its just sad.

this. that was always the reason why i and many of my friends play games on console - guaranteed quality, fix standart. its already sad that so many pc-games feel like betas on release but bringing this manner to console plattforms is just ridicules and not exactable in any way. sadly ubisoft started and continue doing it with mainly all of their titles from the last few years now other studios follow... its just sad.
Yeah sad, they need to understand that most people just want to take up a controller and play and if they can't do that they will not return to your broken game. Maybe it would have helped if Cyberpunk 2077 launched as exclusive to console and then came to PC, but it's all a speculation.

Yeah sad, they need to understand that most people just want to take up a controller and play and if they can't do that they will not return to your broken game. Maybe it would have helped if Cyberpunk 2077 launched as exclusive to console and then came to PC, but it's all a speculation.
it tends to work like this way better if u look at exclusive titles like horizon f.e. it was awesome. dont get the logic either... why not making good games for consoles and push them even further on pcs - no the trend is to make at max decent games on pcs and break them on consoles...

How console gamers could have the same level of quality as on pc... (when a GPU alone costs the price, even more, than a next-gen console ...) It's not possible :(
The mistake was to publish the game for console... (i'm on XBSX :D)

Top Bottom