Digital Foundry's verdict Patch 1.07

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

My godness. Proof that these are disgusting shameless lies to increase sales on PS4.

I didn't notice a thing yesterday when i tried the game out after installing the patch, but then i had not visited Crookback Bog yet. I just went there and the difference is crystal clear and it's very bad in that area. the framerate never really went down for me there, certainly not like how it does now. It's very bad right now, almost like a slide show. I am glad this seems to be the only place where it goes down though, cause all other places i visited seem just as smooth as before.

And if other things like the one minute loading times (after dying) had been improved, i'd be ok with this, but nothing like that has been improved. But from what i understand they did improve the graphics in general? Even though i don't really notice it.

This game could only have existed because of consoles. But the game as it was initially envisaged really doesn't fit on consoles. This scale of this patch shows how hard it is to get it anyway close to what they wanted.
This is galling as a PC gamer.

Last edited:
They can't make it work at 1080p, don't blame the console. Look at Batman Arkham Knight. Not a single drop below 30fps at 1080p.

yeah because arkham knight has a 4 mayor open world regions with dinamyc weather and all stuff
and dont bring the order 1886 card because that game was just small corridors and the developers dnt have to actually make other stuff

face it consoles cant handle this game

You seriously can't fix the frames on consoles with alot or almost at all with patches. They won't downgrade the graphics and they don't really seem to be willing to put native 900p on PS4 (which is highly needed from what I've experienced with 1080p on the console). The consoles are just very outdated, they can't handle these kinds of games.

(This comes from a console peasant)

Last edited:
yeah because arkham knight has a 4 mayor open world regions with dinamyc weather and all stuff
and dont bring the order 1886 card because that game was just small corridors and the developers dnt have to actually make other stuff

face it consoles cant handle this game

AK is as big as every single region by themself if not bigger and those are seperated by pretty long loading screens mind you.

Nobody here mentioned The Order, don't go full retard mate.

Guys, guys, I know the spirits are high, but hear me out - the patch seems to work as intended on PC, if not better, there's little to nothing to complain about now, so I am pretty sure us, the PC community, won't mind if CDPR makes 1 exclusive patch for you to bump those FPS. I hope my PC brethren feel the same way as everybody should experience this game in the best way possible.

Last edited:
That was an UE3 game,nothing to brag about.Imagine if that was UE4.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. What does it matter what engine they used, the final product is what matters and the game on PS4 is arguably one of the best looking and definitely in the discussion for best performing/most polished game thus far.

Again though, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom