Dijkstra has betrayed us!

+
Dijkstra has betrayed us!

Dijkstra has turned into a spy. Backstabbing son of a... ahem.

2 Strength spy with the ability to draw and play a GOLD card from your deck.

So basically a gold thinning card. Well, that's new. As long as you don't draw all 4 gold cards, I suppose Dijkstra works. Otherwise, he is a bit useless. In the end, I do wonder if he's worth it.

My first thought was johnny.

If he turns out to be a dead card just swap him out.
Or alternatively use johnny on another gold card, get a new one, and the first gold card is still playable with Dijkstra. (which is handy if you end up drawing all your gold cards.)

Well Shani should be in 100% of NR decks, and that's something you don't really want to play randomly (for example round 1). Then you have borkh (same deal). Don't see that many good targets for him to justify running him.

anhrhte;n8090740 said:
He could be used with Ciri Dash

Interesting, but I don't think NR can consistently thin the deck enough to justify Ciri Dash.

DMaster2;n8090830 said:
Well Shani should be in 100% of NR decks, and that's something you don't really want to play randomly (for example round 1). Then you have borkh (same deal). Don't see that many good targets for him to justify running him.

Not at all true. Maybe now but do you know that Shani is getting a nerf to just 2 base strength? And she is not so much powerful either. I think that Dijkstra does not play a random gold from your deck but you get to choose btw.

With new Phillipa, Priscilla, Foot Soldiers etc, i'd be very interested in seeing an attempt at a Ciri Dash NR deck

Knightlon;n8092730 said:
Not at all true. Maybe now but do you know that Shani is getting a nerf to just 2 base strength? And she is not so much powerful either. I think that Dijkstra does not play a random gold from your deck but you get to choose btw.
Lol i was the one that pointed her nerf in the topic about the new patch. Even with 1 strenght Shani is too good to not run her.

4RM3D;n8090520 said:
So basically a gold thinning card. Well, that's new. As long as you don't draw all 4 gold cards

in all my games, i could have counted the times this happened to me on one hand...

DMaster2;n8094760 said:
Lol i was the one that pointed her nerf in the topic about the new patch. Even with 1 strenght Shani is too good to not run her.

literally never played shani on my radovid deck... the only target to ress is priscilla and maybe a demoted bhork, but for that i would rather spend a silver slot on nenneke than a gold slot on shani.

Last edited:
RickMelethron;n8099040 said:
in all my games, i could have counted the times this happened to me on one hand...

As long as you don't draw all 4 gold cards... in the course of the game. Skellige can play all cards most of the time. NR =/= Skellige, I know. So Dijkstra is more useful for them. Still, NR does have some deck thinning. For Monsters, I get like all gold cards in 10%~20% of the matches. I haven't checked it exactly, but I know I get it enough to worry about Dijkstra.

Him + Johnny might be the best combo in the game: You basically get a free gold card and you can sacrifice whatever gold car in your hand you have just because you can get it back with Dijkstra. Just imagine Johnny-ing Shani and getting 2nd borkh, knowing that you can still pull Shani back.

4RM3D;n8099170 said:
As long as you don't draw all 4 gold cards... in the course of the game.

what...? i'm saying that i can count the numbers of times where i drew all my 4 gold cards with the fingers on one of my hands... as in "it happened very few times" (it's a figure of speech)

4RM3D;n8099170 said:
Still, NR does have some deck thinning

which doesn't help you to draw gold cards in your first round; the best you can do is thin as much bronze cards you can on round 1 and hope you draw a gold card in the next one.
dijsktra doubles the chance of getting a specific gold at any time; which is extremely useful for cards like igni, butterfly, and ciri; and for it to become a dead card you would have to draw him after drawing all other three gold cards; which is a very, very small chance.

if you're that worried about him being dead in your hand, you can always play jhonny

Top Bottom