Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ac) Nilfgaard (backstab Dijkstra)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dijkstra

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Dijkstra vs Roche choice, alternative scenario [spoilers]

ALTERNATIVE SCENARIO

Dijkstra: "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly. That but this blow might be the be-all and end-all here."

Ves: "What's that?"

Geralt: "Vakmeth, act one, scene seven."

Dijkstra: "You impressed me, witcher."

Geralt: "I dated Yennefer, bro."

Dijkstra: "Anyway, Geralt, what Thaler told you - put it out of your mind. There will be no truce with Nilfgaard. Redania, under my enlightened rule, will fight on until it wins. And when it does it will unite all the North. Temeria will become the vassal state of mine, under the same conditions Thaler agreed on with Nilfgaard. Anais will become the queen of Temeria and she will rule over Sodden and Brugge as well. Anais, come here!"

Anais enters the stage accompanied by two Dijkstra's henchmen.

Roche: "Traitor, you kidnapped her."

Dijkstra: "Chill. I just wanted to be sure you will accept my conditions."

Thaler: "But what about Nilfgaard? What if they win the war?"

Dijsktra: "Geralt told me that the Trade Corporation and Nilfgaardian nobility have grown tired of this war. If we fight on, Emhyr will lose domestic support and who knows...maybe he will get deposed."

Thaler: "Geralt, is it true? Shall we accept Dijkstra's conditions?"

Geralt decides what happens...

A) I wouldn't trust a man who holds your future queen hostage.

Dijkstra's henchmen must be defeated. Dijkstra takes Anais as a hostage and threatens to kill her (limited time choice).

Aa) Dijkstra, you shall not leave this place alive!

Anais dies. Roche kills Dijkstra in Dethmold style. Nilfgaard ending.

Ab) Hand over Anais and I will let you escape. You have my word, Dijkstra.

Anais survives. Roche captures Dijsktra and wants to murder him, because he threatened to kill Anais. Geralt keeps his word and insists that Dijkstra shall be set free. Roche has no choice and he must let Dijkstra go. Dijkstra and Roche become mortal enemies. Nilfgaard ending.

Ac) Hand over Anais and I will let you escape. You have my word, Dijkstra (backstab Dijkstra).

Anais survives. Roche captures Dijkstra and wants to murder him, because he threatened to kill Anais. Geralt betrays Dijkstra and does not object. Roche kills Dijkstra in Dethmold style. Nilfgaard ending.

B) Dijkstra is a patriot, just as you and Roche. You share the common goal.

Everyone survives, but Emhyr will be assasinated. Dijkstra ending.

C) Hand over Anais. We can discuss it without holding her hostage.

Dijkstra insists he will take care of her until Roche brings him a head of the Nilfgaardian envoy. Player must choose A or B.

Dijkstra is supposed to have more henchmen, of course.

What would you choose?

I am not sure what I would do.

From the Temerian POV, Dijkstra's Northern Empire might not be the best option. Anais gets Brugge and Sodden, lands bordering with Nilfgaard. The next time Nilfgaard attacks, Temeria will suffer.

From the POV of other Northern kingdoms Dijkstra is better, because he is a patriot, he will defend the Nordling culture and make the North more prosperous just as the Nilfgaardians would do.

There will be two empires with strong propaganda and some kind of cold war will begin. Until Nilfgaardian army crosses Yaruga river again.

Emhyr is scum, Dijkstra as well. Both are ruthless and are willing to do almost everything if the reason of state demands it.

Probably 1b. And I would let Dijkstra go, because Geralt keeps his word.

We could also have side quest where we meet John Natalis and he say that Anais is kidnapped and we have choice to help him save her, if we do that than he can show up in this scene with Anais, and Djikstra must agree to give Temeria full independence cuz he know now how pointless is to attack witcher and his friends.

I am not sure what I would do.

From the Temerian POV, Dijkstra's Northern Empire might not be the best option. Anais gets Brugge and Sodden, lands bordering with Nilfgaard. The next time Nilfgaard attacks, Temeria will suffer.

From the POV of other Northern kingdoms Dijkstra is better, because he is a patriot, he will defend the Nordling culture and make the North more prosperous just as the Nilfgaardians would do.

There will be two empires with strong propaganda and some kind of cold war will begin. Until Nilfgaardian army crosses Yaruga river again.

Emhyr is scum, Dijkstra as well. Both are ruthless and are willing to do almost everything if the reason of state demands it.

Probably 1b. And I would let Dijkstra go, because Geralt keeps his word.

Yeah... Overall Temeria becomes a vassal state anyway. In the end their choice isn't really a choice at all. Continue to fight, maintain some of your independence (maybe), and become the battlefield for the next war... Or stop fighting, bring peace, and maintain some of your independence. Going with Nilfgaard is the most responsible thing that they could do for their country.

Top Bottom