Dimerition Shackels suggestion

+

Should Dimeritium Shackles be an Artifact?

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I had this idea and shared it for a while, but while playing and and had to deal with stupid mechanics like Eredin giving uninterrupted Immune to a card for really strong, often uninterruptible effect:

Let Dimeritium Shackles be an Artifact, which when played on the board next to an immune card can break the Immune tag and Lock it.

This will make the card lore friendly (for once) and will also give it way more versatility, like messing with Oppo's row stacking, for example.

The card is already lore friendly (I mean shakles, lock a unit...I don't know how it can be more friendly) but the idea is interesting for sure.
The only issue I have with it is that, either you make it not able to lock in which case the card will be useless (but I'm pretty sure it's not what you meant) or it locks the unit and remove its immune tag in which case CDPR will have to make it more expensive and that's where the problem lies.

The strenght of Shakles right now and the reason why it's a fantastic card in HC (it's easily the strongest version of the card ever) is because it's a good removal (3 damage deals with quiet a few targets already and the lock ability kind of promote it even further) that's fairly cheap. If you make it more expensive I'm afraid the card simply starts being out of reach (especially considering immune is a very rare effect, it's kinda increasing the provision cost for very questionable reason, at least imo).

I don't have a big problem with the immune tag appart from the fact CDPR clearly under costed it. And that's the point where I fully agree with you, Eredin being able to give immune, boost by 4 and still keep 3 mulligans is all kind of BS...Don't you want him to sweep the flour and prepare the breakfast for the kids as well?

In fact, I think CDPR could hardly be more wrong about the mulligan they give to their leaders (no offense to them, that's a first shot, those things happen). Eredin and Foltest has the highest numbre of mulligans while they're easily the best leaders in their respective faction, Eithne has 3 mulligan with the best ability in the game, Arachas queen has only 1 mulligan when the entire game is built to counter her ability ect

Well, by "breaking" the immune tag I meant to go through the card's defense, not actually removing it. Which is also what dimeritum does to mages. And sure you can play with the Provision cost, but it will make the card that much better. Back in the days D-Shacks were demoting and locking Gold Units and I was always finding a place for one of those in my decks.

Also, the shackles as shackles are an item/artifact if I've ever seen one. It only makes sense.

The Leaders mulligans is another different topic and I am full on board with you. How is Emhyr's ability better than Eredin's, so he can have only 2 mulligans? I get that if you give him one more charge it may become a bit too much (few really abusable mechanics here), but than those are the Leaders you should help with more mulligans, than the ones with consistent/rechargeable effects (Bran, Crach, Eithne, Foltest, etc.).

Well, by "breaking" the immune tag I meant to go through the card's defense, not actually removing it. Which is also what dimeritum does to mages. And sure you can play with the Provision cost, but it will make the card that much better. Back in the days D-Shacks were demoting and locking Gold Units and I was always finding a place for one of those in my decks.

Also, the shackles as shackles are an item/artifact if I've ever seen one. It only makes sense.
Can't argue with that logic. I have no problem with the lore behind this card but your version is perfectly fine too.

Kind of offtopic, but I miss the block effect with the chains from Beta Gwent. Now it's really boring with that little cross to represent block status. :cautious:

Top Bottom