Direct2drive patch 1.2 or wait?

+
Direct2drive patch 1.2 or wait?

Sorry if this has already been asked, and or answered. I did do a search and couldnt find anything conclusive.I downloaded the game from direct2drive.com.. A digital purchase. My question is does the game ask for the original cd or dvd after upgrading the patch to 1.2? I have had this problem with other games purchased from direct2drive and didnt want to have problems. thanks in advance..

Wait :) or you will get a please insert original dvd error message :) I am suprised that D2D have not yet modified the patch tho !

D2D should have updated your digital download. In any case check your version of the current installation and upgrade as per normal. There should not be any problems with that.

Still no status on a Direct2Drive patch that allows me to launch without the DVD (which clearly nobody will have who buys through Direct2Drive). Right now I simply can't play and the workarounds I've seen (like deleting atapi.sys) are not a real solution.

Nope, the solutions you are seeing is for those who actualy own the DvD version but having problems !

I have the Direct 2 Drive version and am using Patch 1.2 and have been using it patched since the patch came out without a single problem.

Also, for The Witcher, the patches released for the standard version work with the Digital Download version as well. I bought the game before any patch was released, and have used all three patches, gained from using the Check for Updates option from the launcher, without any difficulties.

Possible fix for this....(which worked for me).Seemingly the patch works going from version 1 to 1.2 on Downloaded versions.It doesn't seem to work going from 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.2So, if you are on a downloaded version try uninstalling, reinstalling and then using the check for update on the launcher and go straight to 1.2 from clean install.Hope this helps.Cheers

I patched uysing every version. Bought at 1, patched to 1.1, then 1.1a and finally 1.2. Never had any problems. What problems did you have patching incrementally?

I just purchased this game via Direct2Drive this morning, ran the patch and I get the "Please insert DVD" message. Very frustrating and very close to wanting my money back.EDIT: Running Vista.

Top Bottom