Dirt.

+

Dirt.

• Slight dirt, like in Remember Me. I'm gonna stay at the clean Corp sector all the time anyway.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • A good amount of dirt and deslation. That is what makes the Wasteland complete.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Natural disaster style. The wasteland has to be one hell of a spot and you know it.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • CDPR better take Blade Runner to the next level. Anyone who disagrees may die now.

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • A perfect blend: Destroyed beauty, crowded filthy markets, and a Wasteland that feels like one!

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • >Insert random atomic desert wasteland here<

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
ah...

well as you move out of the corp zoe, the graffitti, the litter, starts to appear.... particularly in residential smaller business areas... think your upscale city neighborhoods, the buildings are all kept in good repair, newish and clean, or older but pristine.

Move further out, and you see homeless, mostly confined to alleys and out of the way spots, gang representation, trash everywhere,.... small middle class areas, sops and bodegas.... maybe even a stripped car.. think your average middle income big city neighborhood, newer buildings, but nto quite as nice as they could be.

Then you get to the ghettos and industrial areas, streets stalls everywhere, trash piling up, everything covered in graffitti, homeless out in the open, heavy gang presence, a burnt out car every so often, some buildings are older, dilapitated, some even condemned. Tourists come here and tell their relatives back home they were in the combat zone, but that's because they don't know what a combat zone is...

The combat zone.... buildings are all in disrepair, even the newer ones built before the area was closed off in a vain attempt at gentrification look like they could fall down. Other buildings are burnt out shells, or crumbling ruins no inspector would have set foot in to condemn. Gangs make up half the population here, if not more, firefights happen in the open, without fear of police reprisal, what vehicles do run are covered in graffiti, and the battle scars as prominent as the human survivors who call this place home. But most of the vehicles are burnt out wrecks, some even moved to form barricades, enforcing gang borders. Everyone is armed, and often carries openly. Every thing is covered in layers of graffiti so thick the original wall colors can no longer be determined... bodies are left on the street, till someone gets desperate to do something about the stink, or hungry enough.

Outside the city the dirt has a different flavor. It's dust, rust, and neglect, but at the same time it's clean, it's free... corporate logos don't litter everything. Sure billboards get put up, but thats just fun target practice for nomads. What shops and homes do exist are held together by spit, duct tape, and prayer, with the owners or who ever is claiming them just trying to keep a roof over their heads without having to answer to a suit somewhere just for permission to keep on living. It's an honest filth, which may be too much for city folk to handle, but if you yearn to be free, then the dirt is as beautiful to you as the sunset.... not that those in the city ever even see the sunset...

I get all kinds of poetical talking about this game sometimes.... sorry...

ah...

well as you move out of the corp zoe, the graffitti, the litter, starts to appear.... particularly in residential smaller business areas... think your upscale city neighborhoods, the buildings are all kept in good repair, newish and clean, or older but pristine.

Move further out, and you see homeless, mostly confined to alleys and out of the way spots, gang representation, trash everywhere,.... small middle class areas, sops and bodegas.... maybe even a stripped car.. think your average middle income big city neighborhood, newer buildings, but nto quite as nice as they could be.

Then you get to the ghettos and industrial areas, streets stalls everywhere, trash piling up, everything covered in graffitti, homeless out in the open, heavy gang presence, a burnt out car every so often, some buildings are older, dilapitated, some even condemned. Tourists come here and tell their relatives back home they were in the combat zone, but that's because they don't know what a combat zone is...

The combat zone.... buildings are all in disrepair, even the newer ones built before the area was closed off in a vain attempt at gentrification look like they could fall down. Other buildings are burnt out shells, or crumbling ruins no inspector would have set foot in to condemn. Gangs make up half the population here, if not more, firefights happen in the open, without fear of police reprisal, what vehicles do run are covered in graffiti, and the battle scars as prominent as the human survivors who call this place home. But most of the vehicles are burnt out wrecks, some even moved to form barricades, enforcing gang borders. Everyone is armed, and often carries openly. Every thing is covered in layers of graffiti so thick the original wall colors can no longer be determined... bodies are left on the street, till someone gets desperate to do something about the stink, or hungry enough.

Outside the city the dirt has a different flavor. It's dust, rust, and neglect, but at the same time it's clean, it's free... corporate logos don't litter everything. Sure billboards get put up, but thats just fun target practice for nomads. What shops and homes do exist are held together by spit, duct tape, and prayer, with the owners or who ever is claiming them just trying to keep a roof over their heads without having to answer to a suit somewhere just for permission to keep on living. It's an honest filth, which may be too much for city folk to handle, but if you yearn to be free, then the dirt is as beautiful to you as the sunset.... not that those in the city ever even see the sunset...

I get all kinds of poetical talking about this game sometimes.... sorry...

thats really into detail

I'd like a mix between "ghetto" type building scratched an burned, cyberpunk's style.
For the "Combat zone", the outter part of Night City

and, further away in the Wasteland "Desertic wastelands" ala Fallout, Mad Max, etc... That's the kind of place Nomads would be the more confortable in my opinion.

With a lot of dirt, blood, corpses, graffitis, bums, crack-head, etc...
Otherwise, Wisdom resumed everything.

Last edited:
I very much like the idea of dirt, but wouldn't they have robots cleaning the place 24/7 ?

Seems like it would be a hellava good market to get into.

I very much like the idea of dirt, but wouldn't they have robots cleaning the place 24/7 ?

Seems like it would be a hellava good market to get into.

The bots would be stolen as soon as they hit the streets anywhere but the corp zone and ultra elite residential areas...

Ha! Combat Zone cleaning bots. Can you imagine?

Yes because thats what the gangs in the combat zone need, a new toy that brings them bigger guns :p

NOT to put down the Combat Zone gangs, but they aren't any better armed than the good populations of Iraq and Afghanistan : rocket launchers, machine guns, mines, etc.

I think the gangs would learn to keep well away.

Or not, I suppose. Cyberpsychosis is a joy.

NOT to put down the Combat Zone gangs, but they aren't any better armed than the good populations of Iraq and Afghanistan : rocket launchers, machine guns, mines, etc.

I think the gangs would learn to keep well away.

Or not, I suppose. Cyberpsychosis is a joy.

Gang initiation: comandeer a cleaning bot and reprogram it to 'clean up the streets' of all uniformed individuals...

They did similar to police robohounds, setting them to attack and kill cops.

I'd like a mix between "ghetto" type building scratched an burned, cyberpunk's style.
For the "Combat zone", the outter part of Night City

and, further away in the Wasteland "Desertic wastelands" ala Fallout, Mad Max, etc... That's the kind of place Nomads would be the more confortable in my opinion.

With a lot of dirt, blood, corpses, graffitis, bums, crack-head, etc...
Otherwise, Wisdom resumed everything.

I had a pretty decent idea about how the wastelands and combat zone should look like i think:

OK, let me paint a full picture:

Imagine a tiny abandoned town in the wastelands, that lies on the side of the road. Complete with an abandoned police station, fire station, a small hospital, a small school, town hall and a dozen abandoned houses. (Some of them are burned down, some crumbles from age and some intact) At the other side of the road, about a few miles from the town, a couple of abandoned factories. The road itself is abandoned because it is mostly used by nomads, bandits and smugglers. Occasionally a few police cruisers patrol the road. They have an uneasy understanding with most of the nomad tribes (nomads allow them to go on their way because they dislike bandits even more), they kill or get killed by bandits all the time and they get bribed by smugglers often. (Not many honest cops out there.)

2 Miles before you enter the town, you see an abandoned gas station:

Abandoned Diner next to gas station:

Abandoned police station:

Hospital:

School:

Continuing the post above:

Factories:

General view of the town:

Continuing the post above:

Possible safehouses:

(Abandoned bunker, 3 miles from the town.)

-

(Abandoned tiny hotel, 1 mile away from the town.)

-

(Abandoned fire station, inside town.)

As you can see, the places should look not only dirty, but lived in and while intact, crumbling all the same..

As you can see, the places should look not only dirty, but lived in and while intact, crumbling all the same..

Yeah, these are all good. I'd add a LOT more branding, marketing and general "Americanisms", but the right idea. Also, more sandy desert areas consuming towns. And miles of highways with suitably ominous structures or vehicles dead nearby. Warning signs badly damaged, etc.

Top Bottom