Dirty Undies?

+
My friend asked me if a discussion about logic loops invoked by off-topic discussions in a derailed off the original topic thread posted on the Off-Topic board which is actually a board for on-topic discussions with unfit topics is to be considered on topic. Then he asked if a question about this discussion being on topic would derail the thread further off the topic. Only after his request for a definition of "topic" have I recognized I was talking to a fridge.

boobs

My friend asked me if a discussion about logic loops invoked by off-topic discussions in a derailed off the original topic thread posted on the Off-Topic board which is actually a board for on-topic discussions with unfit topics is to be considered on topic. Then he asked if a question about this discussion being on topic would derail the thread further off the topic. Only after his request for a definition of "topic" have I recognized I was talking to a fridge.

I started with "My friend..." and decided the rest was probably fictional, so I jumped to "...fridge" and made myself a sandwich instead.

Regarding the deep and philosophical musings which may or may have appeared between these two points of the comment, I think it's probably best addressed by a forum poll.

Attachments

• oaglqqhvky.jpg
    oaglqqhvky.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 40
I think the best thing to do, if you you soil your undies mid gunfight due to the concussive force of a grenade, would be to pour a bottle of Nanotide onto your crotch.

Yes Nanotide, the magic little nanobots that clean you clothes using the magic of microspcopic bubbles! And you'll never have to worry about spilling coffee or wine on yourself again with the new Nanotide personals! Availible at your closest retailer!

You...want to pour nanites onto your groin?

And I thought I was hardcore.

Warning: Do not pour nanites directly on to crotch. Man shown was a trained professional. Pouring nanites on your crothch can cause irritation, burning, blisters, gradual loss of skin and muscles tissue, and death.

I think the best thing to do, if you you soil your undies mid gunfight due to the concussive force of a grenade, would be to pour a bottle of Nanotide onto your crotch.

Wait, you mean the same Nanotide we all use to wash dishes? ew--
EEEEEEWWWWWWW

Wait. You're the -other- Aristoi reader? TWO OF US NOW. I am amazed. I almost forgive you for denigrating Dredd as you did.

Did Aristoi remind you of the Culture novels by Iain Banks at all?

I wasn't denigrating Dredd.

What do you mean by "Did Aristoi remind you of the Culture novels by Iain Banks at all? " ?

Hmmm. As I recall, Aristoi had a post-human society based around pretty advanced modified humans and their drone/sentient AI servants/weapons, yes? Culture has very much the same theme.

Errr...
No.

If I remember correctly, there is no sentient machines in Aristoi.
It is a society of classes. The posthuman rulers (Aristoi) have full control of their domains (planets) and their destiny. This ruling classe of Elite share the same feature : a divided mind (yes, they are schizo). Each personality is part of a whole and impersonate a part of the Aristo persona (agressivity and war, love and arts, calculation and reason ...). The aristoi communicate through a kind of neural network (with hardwired interface), but I do not remember AI or drones like those Banks entertain us with. The big big meta power of Aristoi is their control of nanos (notably Mataglap who destroyed Earth) with which they shape their domain.

In another Williams'novel , however, the main character is intimatly linked with an AI (Implied Spaces, 2009 ).

Where banks imagined an hedonistic anarchist society, Williams is painting a very rigid one, with much less commonly available tech.

Riigth. I was thinking of their separate Ai-like virtual personalities they split off from themselves.

Already met "Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints" from Banks' Surface Details ?
God, I love that ship.

Top Bottom