Disable horse riding & timed decisions?

+
Disable horse riding & timed decisions?

I've been trying hard to get into Witcher 3. I'm a huge fan of Witcher 1 & 2. I LOVED the first two games, but I'm struggling, absolutely struggling to get into the third game.

This horse riding is so bad. I have to constantly look at the minimap instead of the actual middle of the screen where I'm riding towards. Some timed decisions are too important to make in such a short duration. I HATE having to reload. I hate reloading! In Witcher 2 you had the option of disabling QTE's.

Please add the option to:

1. Disable Horse Riding / Horse from entire game
2. Disable Timed Decisions

You guys released enhanced editions for witcher 1 & 2, PLEASE DO THE SAME FOR WITCHER 3.

Or you could, you know, not use the horse. I mean there are hardly any situations in the game where you are forced to ride on the horse and if you are it is usually during sidequests which you can ignore.

No offence, but if I've ever seen a nit-picky list of complaints, then this is it.

You are asking CDPR to release an "Enhanced" edition of the game in which they remove horse riding and timed decisions? Really? You are probably the only person I have ever seen to complain about these 2 things. So CDPR should stop everything and make an Enhanced Edition of the game and call it "Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Luzarius Edition".

You can't be serious!

Last edited:
Reload, reload, reload, reload.

I've never played an RPG that required so much massive amounts of meta gaming & reloading. This is just insane.

The timed decisions were much better in Witcher 2, but in Witcher 3 you're just going to end up reloading. Don't get me wrong, some of the timed decisions are DECENT in Witcher 3, but most are just flat out broken, incoherent or require more than 5-10 seconds.

There's one quest involving a murder and the timed decision just springs out of no where, it's sooo lame.

I just I never bought the first two witcher games, god damn it.

Last edited:
luzarius;n7925940 said:
Reload, reload, reload, reload.

I've never played an RPG that required so much massive amounts of meta gaming & reloading. This is just insane.

The timed decisions were much better in Witcher 2, but in Witcher 3 you're just going to end up reloading. Don't get me wrong, some of the timed decisions are DECENT in Witcher 3, but most are just flat out broken, incoherent or require more than 5-10 seconds.

There's one quest involving a murder and the timed decision just springs out of no where, it's sooo lame.

I just I never bought the first two witcher games, god damn it.

Witcher 3 does not require ANY meta gaming. You must be confusing it with something else.

iCake

Forum veteran
Never did I have any problems with timed decisions in this game. Never did I have to look at some giude to know where those timed decisions lead and I got the "good" ending in the first playthrough. And horse, metagaming?! :surprised2:

In short, what the... are you going on about?

Last edited:
I can live with timed decisions and horse, but brawls.. you know when you are level 17 mage and enemy is level 26 angry racist, and you are caught in the middle of gwent championship with awful controls, it's just one big frustration and unexpected brawls is one big fail, and usually there is no way to avoid them. I have nothing against brawl championships but inside quests they are simply awful and unnecessary. I guess they exist to piss of the player so he can woke up from flow of good gameplay and after he finally manages this brawl with red face and broken controller, he will like other parts of gameplay again.
Please make an option to avoid quest brawls with axii or intimidation.

iCake

Forum veteran
WalteriusMaximus;n7936230 said:
Surely, you mean a level 17 "Witcher"? Or are you lost? ;)

He's a kind of person who's been criticizing the game throughout most of his 100+ post but also who's played this game far longer than, say, myself, who thinks the game is perfect for the most part. I don't quite understand this kind of masochism, maybe there's something else in play here.

WalteriusMaximus;n7936230 said:
Surely, you mean a level 17 "Witcher"? Or are you lost? ;)

I may say level 17 "signer" :)
Because if you develop warrior skills you'll get your red mutagens bonus even in this low level and brawling will be easier. Though I'm not sure, maybe this is only level dependent. Anyway brawling in many quests is awful (if you are lower in level), doesn't require any real skill or tactics, laggy, clunky, require lots of reloads (that's why I put it in this topic) and is simply out of place and not immersive.
Yes, when somebody invites you to brawl for fun (championships) it's ok that you can't use your other skills, because there are rules of such competitions.
But why Geralt can't cast axii on brawls which are forced during quests - i don't understand. Also everyone knows that witchers have exceptional physical power and agility, so no person with exception of distinguished fist fighters would think that they can beat that mean bad guy with white hair, cat eyes and scars.
So I guess that only reason why such fist fights were not removed and also were added to HoS and BoW despite lots of complains, reason is that they exist in the game intentionally, to irritate, to create contrast with overall smoothness and comfort of gameplay.
Of course you can easily beat any brawl if you have more level that quest requires but this limits the core idea of "open world" - to do whatever you want, wherever you want.

iCake;n7936580 said:
He's a kind of person who's been criticizing the game throughout most of his 100+ post but also who's played this game far longer than, say, myself, who thinks the game is perfect for the most part. I don't quite understand this kind of masochism, maybe there's something else in play here.

I always said that W3 is great game, that is obvious.
I cried when Ciri was remembering moments with Geralt while standing in front of White Frost, and I felt wind of freedom when Olgerd's soul was released from Gaunter.
Those and similar moments are piece of art.
But game had tons of gameplay flaws in 1.20 version which I played on PS4 and still have some even in GOTY, like those brawls and level restrictions. (lack of complex consequences for your actions of course can't be fixed so there is no point to complain about them). Now I'm finishing TW3 GOTY on PC, it's times better then console version in graphics, controls and customization, so I'm totally happy (with exception of brawls) and want to thank CDPR for their talented hard work. And that was my first post in this forum - about thanks. But before I'd closed browser, I saw topics about "perfect action-RPG better then TES, DS, ME and whatever else combined" and so decided to add some reasonable critics and I was not alone in those. As a result, from latest versions we had an option to turn off undiscovered POI's on map, to turn off fish-eye, to put Yen in normal dress with right woman proportions and many other changes, so all complains were not in vain. :radovidsmug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Martinvls;n7935610 said:
I can live with timed decisions and horse, but brawls.. you know when you are level 17 mage and enemy is level 26 angry racist, and you are caught in the middle of gwent championship with awful controls, it's just one big frustration and unexpected brawls is one big fail, and usually there is no way to avoid them. I have nothing against brawl championships but inside quests they are simply awful and unnecessary. I guess they exist to piss of the player so he can woke up from flow of good gameplay and after he finally manages this brawl with red face and broken controller, he will like other parts of gameplay again.
Please make an option to avoid quest brawls with axii or intimidation.

Brawling as concept isn't bad, but the execution wasn't really great. The hand to hand combat seems "loosy" and isn't really full developed.

How about instead of disabling the timed decisions and horse back riding, just make them easier on lower difficulty?

Just the Story = Makes horse riding extremely easy, 30 second timed dialogue timer
Story & Sword = Makes horse riding normal, 20 second timed dialogue timer
Blood & Broken bones = Makes horse riding harder, 12 second timed dialogue timer
Death March = Makes horse riding extremely challenging, 9 second timed dialogue timer

Something like that?

I really want to play this god damn game and finish it, but these two parts are sooo annoying.

Horse riding is one of the best things that happened in Witcher. I dare say it was missing in the first two games even if those games didn't really have this big open areas to gallop around. Also it was missing since Geralt's horse is canon in the books. I think first time I've played horse riding was in Assassin's Creed 1 and I loved it. I wondered why not more games included this.

If you're riding a horse/car in a game with a minimap, you usually need to glance at the minimap every so often. I guess that's a skill you need to develop. It's not that difficult. Also, horse riding isn't mandatory unless you decide to do the horse race quests. You could choose to run around and fast travel through posts.

Witcher has an intense story with intense quests, I think the timed decisions are on point. You gotta pay attention to dialogue and decide quickly as if you're in a real life situation.

I have reloaded my game several times in my playthrough as well. Once, it almost got to me but that was that. Also, Roach isn't perfect like Geralt in her movement but that's fine.

For the timed decisions, I actually think there should be more of them.
A setting, similar to a difficulty, to turn them off would help.
I wonder if that could be modded.
Activate the mod and all/most decisions are timed.

Seems petty. Can't decide that fast then find a way to pause the whole game (PS4 - just hold down the PS button, effectively stops the choice timer).

And already said, just don't use the horse if you don't like them. Most of the time I'm running around but getting somewhere without a fast travel point riding a horse is nice.

Top Bottom