Disallow not choosing a card with Royal Decree

+
Disallow not choosing a card with Royal Decree

I know this is not the right thread to post this message. But it was most relevant.

I don't have enough "points" to start my own thread so I'm hoping someone will post a thread on my behalf...?

When playing Royal Decree you have the option to "confirm selection" or "hide cards" if you want to look at the board. However, if you wanted to click on "hide cards" to see what is happening on the board but accidentally clicked on "confirm selection" without actually picking a gold card to play it just wastes the Royal Decree without playing any Gold card. Can CDPR please NOT ALLOW "confirm selection" to be clicked if there are golden cards available to pick but have not yet been chosen. So that Royal Decree is not wasted.

I've lost a couple of games now because of this...

Please will some good Samaritan start a thread about this on my behalf. I will be active in the community but only started playing a couple of days ago so can't start my own thread yet.

Last edited:
I made a similar suggestion although i don't see this as a Royal Decree problem, but rather a UI problem. You happen to have this issue with Royal Decree but this can happen with a number of other cards, the suggestion is to separate those buttons and maybe color code them.

No, just no! This option is very good sometimes not to choose anything.
B​​​​​e more careful, its your fault.

Welcome to the forums!

There are some cards that benefit from this option (for example, Saskia lets you swap two cards of any color for two bronzes of your election, but sometimes you just want to change one, or none, so you need to confirm selection without picking. Forgive me if you now this, i'm assuming new to the forum = new to the game!). Anyway, something could be done with the UI; although personally I've never had a problem with it, a clean and friendly UI is good for everyone.

Pruny;n10964765 said:
No, just no! This option is very good sometimes not to choose anything.
B​​​​​e more careful, its your fault.

Completely disagree. If you want to play your royal decree without playing a gold then just discard it.

ChaosPhantom819;n10965014 said:
Completely disagree. If you want to play your royal decree without playing a gold then just discard it.
Unless you play Dol Blathanna Sentries :)

More importantly as stated above there are some cards where it actually makes sense to not choose all or any of your options, and I don't think they should come up with a different UI implementation for Decree-type cards (where you almost always want to choose) and those.

Making the two buttons more distinct makes sense though.

i was not refering to royal decret, but to the UI option.

time_drainer;n10965065 said:
... Making the two buttons more distinct makes sense though.

Happens some times to me to click the other button and to get royally F'd too. It's really, really annoying.

Also what is really annoying is in cards like Bone Talisman, Ointment, Isengrim: Outlaw, Full Moon etc. the art of the "Choose one" is so... lazy too. At least flip one of the images or in case of Full Moon/Blood moon go with Photoshop and just make one Red and the Other Blue and voila.

Really hope those get fixed for the HC... Hell, I can only imagine cell phone users going crazy with this, as it inquires me to stare up close on my monitor at home. Can only imagine what it will be if you are on a tiny cell phone.

partci;n10965101 said:
Happens some times to me to click the other button and to get royally F'd too. It's really, really annoying.

Also what is really annoying is in cards like Bone Talisman, Ointment, Isengrim: Outlaw, Full Moon etc. the art of the "Choose one" is so... lazy too. At least flip one of the images or in case of Full Moon/Blood moon go with Photoshop and just make one Red and the Other Blue and voila.

Really hope those get fixed for the HC... Hell, I can only imagine cell phone users going crazy with this, as it inquires me to stare up close on my monitor at home. Can only imagine what it will be if you are on a tiny cell phone.

Yeah, I got the shakes with Aquara, four options and just the same...

Guest 4021160

Any sentence starting with "disallow not to" will be a good one by default. Double negatives rock!

Well, there is some very rare cases where you want to cast a spell without getting the effect (this game has synergy with casting stuffs no matter what the effect ends to be, like Dol blatanna protectors). I can't find you an exact example right now because it's so rare I can't even remember the last time it happened to me but sometimes it does.

Having said that, this is very uncommon so if they decide to remove the ability not to choose a card it wouldn't be a problem for me but discarding isn't the same as casting a spell without the effect, that's the point I was trying to make.

Guest 4021160

Disallow not choosing = allow choosing. Double negative makes a positive.

Top Bottom