DISAPPOINTED BY THE NEW BESTIARY

+
Well, technically I would agree with you that there isn't a lot new monster skeletons, but you don't see cool monsters everywhere and it makes sense plus witcher3 is not all about monster hunting. I kinda feel that human are instinctly insatiable, they always want moar. Need more monsters? May be a mod.

And later he said : Impossible.My brethren hunted down every last spotted wight before i was born.

Read the bestiary. It wasn't a spotted wight itself, but a human transformed into one. Which means they were extinct, but it still worked for the potion. It wouldn't work when it comes to an ordinary wight.

Well, technically I would agree with you that there isn't a lot new monster skeletons, but you don't see cool monsters everywhere and it makes sense plus witcher3 is not all about monster hunting. I kinda feel that human are instinctly insatiable, they always want moar. Need more monsters? May be a mod.

I wanted quality over quantity. Just 8-10 but with new skeletons and not just reskinned or stupid like panthers. Just don't make a really cool monster from the original lore like the Dracolizard and make it look the same of a wyvern when it should almost be as big as a dragon

The monster and enemy AI and moves are really not great, I guess they are never that good in the witcher series. But what have done is done. I don't think they are going to make new monsters. If anything, I hope the AI could be improved a bit and make monsters significantly more aggressive (say, combos and never really give Geralt a chance to take a breath). Hopefully we could get a better mod support so people can make new monsters and add them into random encounters.

The monster and enemy AI and moves are really not great, I guess they are never that good in the witcher series. But what have done is done. I don't think they are going to make new monsters. If anything, I hope the AI could be improved a bit and make monsters significantly more aggressive (say, combos and never really give Geralt a chance to take a breath). Hopefully we could get a better mod support so people can make new monsters and add them into random encounters.

I play on ps4 so I can't hope for mods..... I just hope for something new maybe in the EE ... Just one manticore contract, 2-3 new monsters in the water and 2-3 in the forests like brawnies or giants ( because now there are only endregas ,nekkers and wolves)

1) I undserstood it aswell like, that only the spotted wights are extingiushed. And the bestiary entry says the same. Further I encountered a garkin and a flederer in a random cave...
2)I encountered a garkin and a flederer in a random cave...
3) I dont think the Kikimora Warriors are Endriaga reskins. But the little ones may be...
4) I personaly see Vivienne as an interesting monster
5) Yes I wished there were plenty more monsters...:(

I'm pretty happy with the AI. Drowners and Wolves can still punish you if you don't pay attention. Damage reduction, of course nullifies any type of AI behaviour, but try taking on a large group of Drowners in Death March and red- skull form and tell me this game is too easy, haha!

Read the bestiary. It wasn't a spotted wight itself, but a human transformed into one. Which means they were extinct, but it still worked for the potion. It wouldn't work when it comes to an ordinary wight.

that's what happen if you piss off one person, you should really stay the hell away from... G.O'D

---------- Updated at 04:18 PM ----------

oh, and must say, scurvers were actually a nice touch... at first, i thought they are some kind of a drowner.. but what a surprise... really good idea mixing rotfiends with drowners :) (now only if ordinary rotfiends were also immune to own poison and explosions... that would be something..)

Last edited:
I'm mostly a little irritated by bruxa vs alp. As far as I can tell there is virtually no difference between them. They both move and fight the exact same way, and they both become invisible. I think the alp has less health because I tend to kill them quicker... but that's about it.

I have to agree with the Op, a little disappointed to be honest. Those panthers just take me right out of the zone, wtf are they doing there.
Also playing on PS4 the bestiary has a double entry, the wild boar.

I admit i was hoping for a striga (always have want to fight one) and coz Toussaint is the land of vampire and curses... But anyway, like the base game there are plenty of reskin for existing creatures. A bit sad but what is done is done. Now i find that there isn't really that much new monsters, like garkain, fielder or Alp. Seems to be only one specimen of them...

I have to agree with the Op, a little disappointed to be honest. Those panthers just take me right out of the zone, wtf are they doing there.
Also playing on PS4 the bestiary has a double entry, the wild boar.
Same for me on Xbox One.

Only to add my opinon. I like the Bestiary.
It was a great hit of nostaglia when all the creatures from TW1 showed up. I loved it so much and I don#t understand the dissapointment. But I guess it's a matter of taste.
I really loved it.

Last edited:
Creatures from TW1 were just great. Only bargests feel way less intimidating that they were in Chapter 1 then :)

Shaelmaars are a good subjects to burn, in absence of mages

Slyzards, wights, banshees do not bring a lot of new experience, but it's still better than exactly the same monsters from base game.

Lack of manticores is upsetting, though. Korred - fun on paper, but too vague and complicated for the game, IMO.

Scolopendromorphs were awesome. So damn quick and the shaking when they were moving underground. Sharleys had a great repertoire as well.

There are in fact, I encountered a damn alp during nighttime near an abandoned fortress.

Also new beasts can give you quite an interesting quality time.
An Alp is a Bruxa that doesn't stay invisible lol... there are zero excuses for this sort of laziness.

Kinda have to agree with what most have said here. I completed the main quest line for B&W and am now doing a map clean up. I'm a little uninspired about the lack of monsters in general, or "guarded treasure" being protected by common monsters or just reskinned monsters. Some quests are just to simple......like a wine cellar needing to be cleared for being filled with beasts......only to find its 3 ghouls! Not a lot went into contract quest either, no looking for clues, going back to speaking with people to get more clues etc (like solving a mystery to find out what's happened land what monster it will be) most quests/contracts are basically .....see a dead body....read a note...fight monster.....they kinda. ....meh.

Top Bottom