Disappointed in Corpo life path

+
Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.

Who think it could be different at Militech ? (better than at Arasaka)
The grass seems greener in the field nearby, but hey...
For me, corpo V has even more reason not to stay in a corpo :)

In my point of view, if Arasaka (Abernathy) does not actively cherchs V, it is precisely because she/he has become a simple street merc.

Last edited:
You have plenty of choices throughout the story and side missions. In order to tell coherent main story the way they did some parts need to be scripted to lead to where the developers intended especially in AAA games where you have full voice acting and every cutscene have to be animated. Budget is a thing, so they can't let players just do whatever whilst providing them with fully voiced acted and animated AAA gaming experience. No studio in the world can afford that.

For the record I think the Corpo path is one of the best to take, especially if you end up with the Aldecaldos ending.

You have plenty of choices throughout the story and side missions. In order to tell coherent main story the way they did some parts need to be scripted to lead to where the developers intended especially in AAA games where you have full voice acting and every cutscene have to be animated. Budget is a thing, so they can't let players just do whatever whilst providing them with fully voiced acted and animated AAA gaming experience. No studio in the world can afford that.

For the record I think the Corpo path is one of the best to take, especially if you end up with the Aldecaldos ending.

"plenty of choices" is a bit too optimistic for this game. You have to say yes or no on a few different ways

Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.
Speaking from a rather more minor real life experience, I decided to leave what many would consider an ultra corpo path at the very best employer in that field. It made absolutely no sense to me to go anywhere else; they'd always be second best. So I switched to something TOTALLY different and now worry about the price of a pack of prawns in the supermarket. And have no regrets.

If you're gonna make a change...

So it's not actually that unrealistic. But, yes, it's not the way the game was originally presented.

"Plenty of choices" ? Where, and at what point exactly? Are you and I playing the same game?
Tbh I am starting to question that myself, because in my game there is plenty of choice. But I know that to some if the choice don't lead to some world changing event is perceived, as no choice at all. Anyway spare me your attitude. You don't have to agree with me. It's my opinion.

Tbh I am starting to question that myself, because in my game there is plenty of choice. But I know that to some if the choice don't lead to some world changing event is perceived, as no choice at all. Anyway spare me your attitude. You don't have to agree with me. It's my opinion.
98% of choices dont do anything :( . It hurts me to say that, and after 121+ hrs I can confirm that :/

"Plenty of choices" ? Where, and at what point exactly? Are you and I playing the same game?
Don't do any Panam related quests -> Star ending not aviaible.
Don't do any Johnny quests (or just skip his dialogs)-> Fear the reaper ending not aviable.
If you want choices who change the world, it's not the type of game for that. In Night City, V is nothing, a small insignificant insect.
But we are deviating from the subject I think ;)

Don't do any Panam related quests -> Star ending not aviaible.
Don't do any Johnny quests (or just skip his dialogs)-> Fear the reaper ending not aviable.
If you want choices who change the world, it's not the type of game for that. In Night City, V is nothing, a small insignificant insect.
But we are deviating from the subject I think ;)
That is the point. Those are 2%-5% of the game that affect ONLY endings. Everything else is same :/

That is the point. Those are 2%-5% of the game that affect ONLY endings. Everything else is same :/
Plenty of choices affect V and the people close to them. It's an RPG game. You have many choices to shape who V is even to the extend of their religious believes - something no other game have done at this point to my knowledge. In many cases you can end up betraying your allies or not, your choices may lead up to certain characters getting killed or not in many side missions and gigs. This are ALL choices. They will not however effect the world in any sagnificant way, because that's the point the developers were driving through. Night city for the most part just doesn't care. However your choices affect the people around V and V themselves in many different and sagnificant ways.

However I can agree that the main story (read main quests only) is pretty linear and there is no sagnificant choices that have different effect until you get to the ending. The rest of the game is full of choices though.

You can get screwed by Arasaka and decide to kill yourself, become a scav, become a homeless person. If they want to do all possible choices they should develop the game for another 10 years.
This is a SP game with a main story. It is impossible to make a main story for each life path. Fully developed life paths are more suitable for MP games.

Plenty of choices affect V and the people close to them. It's an RPG game. You have many choices to shape who V is even to the extend of their religious believes - something no other game have done at this point to my knowledge. In many cases you can end up betraying your allies or not, your choices may lead up to certain characters getting killed or not in many side missions and gigs. This are ALL choices. They will not however effect the world in any sagnificant way, because that's the point the developers were driving through. Night city for the most part just doesn't care. However your choices affect the people around V and V themselves in many different and sagnificant ways.

However I can agree that the main story (read main quests only) is pretty linear and there is no sagnificant choices that have different effect until you get to the ending. The rest of the game is full of choices though.
You are basically describing every single RPG ever released.

How original.
Post automatically merged:

You can get screwed by Arasaka and decide to kill yourself, become a scav, become a homeless person. If they want to do all possible choices they should develop the game for another 10 years.
This is a SP game with a main story. It is impossible to make a main story for each life path. Fully developed life paths are more suitable for MP games.
They could have done it, if only they hadn't wasted resources on a huge, empty and lifeless Open World and had made the game on rails like a typical FPS, but with RPG elements and much more choice in missions.

The secondary missions could have been incorporated into the main one and offer many narrative differences along the story based on the choices.

Well... you can choice between Penis 1 and Penis 2. :smart:
Cyberpunk-2077-Penis-Meme.png

Last edited:

How original.

They could have done it, if only they hadn't wasted resources on a huge, empty and lifeless Open World and had made the game on rails like a typical FPS, but with RPG elements and much more choice in missions.

The secondary missions could have been incorporated into the main one and offer many narrative differences along the story based on the choices.

Well... you can choice between Penis 1 and Penis 2.
They're REALLY nice penises.

So it's interesting. When I saw the marketing for the game my first thought was "are you crazy that's three different games".

How original.

Well... you can choice between Penis 1 and Penis 2. :smart:
They could make the game point and click and implement 10 lifepaths with a lot of choices and consequences. But they didn't.

the life path intros are mostly character backgrounds that they let you play out rather than read a paragraph. In a TT this would just be backstory. However this matters a lot if you are RPing.

Most of the choices and options in the game are about giving you different ways to play the game, with different characters for V. This is different than many other narrative rpgs, where you mostly can't change the character, and can only deviate from the main path a few ways. In this one the main path is virtually the same until the point of no return. And what is different is who V is how they think/feel, and what v does outside of the main story.

its not for everyone it seems.

Top Bottom