Disappointed in Corpo life path

+
Very good post Op. The way I see a corpo is he gets to laugh at everybody and he's running with the guys that have the utmost control. So when he gets shunned by the company, he would have a complete meltdown. I envisioned him running to people whitin the company in a panic, trying to use any bit of dirt he knows about them as leverage to get their help, (they can cancel all his credit cards, he'll want something he can run with.). I loved thinking about that, the panic moment and where he runs. If he knows they are going to hide his identity, then sure Miltec. A small country that has a more tradicional government instead of corporate would welcome him far more though.

I imagine that Militech would grab him, torture him, learn everything he knows, find out it's not as much as they think, and then dump him back in an alleyway.

THEN they go to Jackie's mom's basement.

To quote Firefly:

Mal: You called the Feds.

Jane: I didn't rat you out, Jane! I got pinched.

Mal: Which is what happened...when you call the Feds.

Same with corpos.

Well we could get into Milltech trough Meredith or something. She said it was a plesure too work with me after all. And having an ex Arasaka counter intel operator could be usefull for her since she seems too be going upward if we help her. Kinda sad that most of those Main/side storys dont go anyware. we help alot of semi powerfull ppl but its just deadends. i like too pretend my arasaka V gets back into it after the operation and gets cured but i doubt it would end like that in game if they even make anything more of it.

Think one of the writers said he liked too tease ppl with his storys. Guess thats why Peralez and other quests just end without really resolbing anything.

Well we could get into Milltech trough Meredith or something. She said it was a plesure too work with me after all. And having an ex Arasaka counter intel operator could be usefull for her since she seems too be going upward if we help her. Kinda sad that most of those Main/side storys dont go anyware. we help alot of semi powerfull ppl but its just deadends. i like too pretend my arasaka V gets back into it after the operation and gets cured but i doubt it would end like that in game if they even make anything more of it.

Think one of the writers said he liked too tease ppl with his storys. Guess thats why Peralez and other quests just end without really resolbing anything.

Well, that requires you to have established yourself as a Street Samurai/Edgerunner first because Militech only takes notice of you as an agent because you do work as a freelance merc. You kill literally dozens, if not hundreds, of regular ordinary corporate security and soldiers as an Edgerunner in the game after all.

Edgerunners are way up the totem pole from corporate grunts.

And you do have the option of joining a corporation again once you establish youself. That's the Arasaka ending.

I think the issue here is that someone wanted to work for Militech and was disappointed it's not an option.

Maybe, I say "maybe", if Meredith knew for the Relic (or the Heist), she "probably" want to catch you and obtain a way better promotion :)

Yes, once you have the chip, you need to stay out of corporate hands because the answer is cutting it out of your neck.

One of the classic cyberpunk movies, Johnny Mnemonic starring Johnny Silverhand himself, has a corporate mercenary stuck in a rock and a hard place. Johnny doesn't WANT to work with the Lo Techs or Street Samurai. The entirety of the movie is him desperately trying to sell out to the corpos and Yakuza but they keep betraying him! He gets so annoyed he's not allowed to sell out to the bad guys because, well, they're a bunch of assholes who see no reason to pay him versus kill him.

:)

Today I had a peek into two other paths.

They all lead to that same gig where you are saving Sandra Dorsett.

Having looked at all of them, I def like the corpo start the most. It feels best to come with such a background.

About why not go to Militech? I assumed it'd be hard for V to wash off scrutiny and suspicion at another corp. They are all spying on each other, and who's to say that V really got sacked and is not just yet another spy. As a V, I'd hit the streets sooner than dealing with that crap. It is RP... whatever the path, you get to start from that one point. Becoming a merc is a premise of the game.
Post automatically merged:

Where my RP dissatisfaction kicks in is not corpo-specific.

I'd like to bust a Biotechnica building. a test run for Militech. Then Militech as a test run for Arasaka. And Arasakas would just watch one after another giant fall and know what's coming up next. It starts small with bashing Maelstrom and Tyger Claws, then it expands to corps. Arasaka winds up in runs. Guess they should have fired me after all.

I still want the option to crush that shard, rather than giving it away.
Post automatically merged:

These get me lol.

From the secret Sun ending. An Arasaka chap can't believe I am raiding their tower single-handedly.

Screenshot_from_2021-07-11_13-27-53.png

I def would be thrilled to hear comments from Militech folks during a raid.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Corpo players really don't seem to want to be Edgerunners at all. They don't seem to have much love for street merc work.

I still want the option to crush that shard, rather than giving it away.
Honestly, I'm not sure destroying the chip would change anything in the end. If the Abernathy's mens come looking for you, it is because they already know about everything (or almost). The chip is just further proof.
Basically it's already decided and the fate of Jenkins and V are already sealed, proof or not. When you are judge, juror and executioner, the proofs you can do without in my opinion :)

Honestly, I'm not sure destroying the chip would change anything in the end. If the Abernathy's mens come looking for you, it is because they already know about everything (or almost). The chip is just further proof.
Basically it's already decided and the fate of Jenkins and V are already sealed, proof or not. When you are judge, juror and executioner, the proofs you can do without in my opinion :)
I think they want the chip back simply because it is Arasaka property.

I am just a rebel. Proving that I am still in power even when it is such a small thing. A corpo to the bone.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Corpo players really don't seem to want to be Edgerunners at all. They don't seem to have much love for street merc work.

cyberpunk is a bit confusing, in many respects, but definitely in the corpo world interaction. In cyberpunk many things, ideas, words seem similar enough that players think they know what it means. So they hear and see corpo, and they apply our own previous knowledge/expectation to what that means. The corpo minded people thing being an edgerunner is something corpo would never do. However, in cyberpunk world, many corpos work and do edgerunning, because edge running pays better.

Most people don't realize corpos don't make more money than edgerunners, or even the average media/rocker, etc. They get paid health care and housing, thats the big advantage. The big problem with edgerunning is its dangerous, many mercs die, however corpo V was already in the edgerunner adjacent job. So much so that they worked with Jackie, and risks their life multiple times by that point.

They also think the average corpo has a certain life, which isn't accurate, only the top corpos live that life. People think of corpo like the legends like yorinobu, hanako. But the real average corpo is just a suit and an apartment away from anyone else. Mostly, the goal and the dream is different.

They actually wrote a very corpo plotline, and thats the Arasaka main plotline. Its essentially completely about getting a corporate sponsor, joining one of the most powerful factions in Arasaka, and getting involved with a large scale corporate grab for dominance within the corporation.

Say it louder for the people in the back.

I'm level 29 and so far my choices haven't affected a goddamn thing other than which iconic weapons are in my inventory.
They never will affect anything. There are a few obvious choices (those 2%) but everything else is there just for the illusion of choice

They never will affect anything. There are a few obvious choices (those 2%) but everything else is there just for the illusion of choice
Maybe the choices aren't where players think they are ?
Like you have the choice to help Panam or not, to betray Panam at one moment, to help Judy or not, to let Gustavo leave Night City alive, to kill Oda or not, to let Goro dies...
But it's probably me :)

Like you have the choice to help Panam or not, to betray Panam at one moment, to help Judy or not, to let Gustavo leave Night City alive, to kill Oda or not, to let Goro dies...
These are exactly the type of choices I make when I am making a new character, like with fallout 4 I would have an idea of what faction I wanted to join to make their story with cyberpunk I think about their character and what paths of the story I am going to go down

While that is true the only affect of doing that is a shorter story. Your just locking yourself out of content and it doesnt change anything exept the choices in endings. It might change due too the way V is RPed by you, but all it does ingame is lock content and remove a choice later on(might give you a diffrent reward to). If i do everything the "right" way on my first playtrough i would have access to everything the game has to offer. Theres very little branching in the game overall. Even the few choices you have offers little in variation for the game imo.

While that is true the only affect of doing that is a shorter story. Your just locking yourself out of content and it doesnt change anything exept the choices in endings. It might change due too the way V is RPed by you, but all it does ingame is lock content and remove a choice later on(might give you a diffrent reward to). If i do everything the "right" way on my first playtrough i would have access to everything the game has to offer. Theres very little branching in the game overall. Even the few choices you have offers little in variation for the game imo.
If you want to do a completionist playthrough that's up to you, I prefer to focus on one aspect and specialize in that element of the storyline.

Your choices you make in roleplaying games cuts off and changes later content, that's the nature of choices that matter, i regard what I do as something similar. I can take the nomad path and do the pan am stuff beyond hellman, I can save takeyama for a corpo style storyline. If I want a corpo playthrough, I can have a corpo playthrough, there is ample content there to fulfill that. Other times I might want more a rocker type playthrough and pursue the johnny quest-line.

After the prologue there are choices you can make, does your character seek revenge, maybe they just want out of night city altogether, maybe they want to do all in their power to get back into Arasaka, all those choices are there for the taking

I will play multiple playthroughs, I am not cutting myself off from any content

Actually, it's going to sound silly, but I didn't expect to have a lot of big choices in Cyberpunk, as soon as I start playing :(
Why ?
Because at the level of the "cutscenes" or more simply, the dialogues with the NPCs during the quests, I find that we are light years away from the games where we have a lot/more choice.
To stay in the "Corpo" theme, if I take the example of when you speak with Meredith before "The Pickup". Technically, it's still a rather brief and "basic" dialogue (and it's optional), but this scene is just great and have surely required a lot of work. Unlike games like Fallout 4 or more recently The Outer World, where that kind of scene is just an NPC-centric view with the lines of dialogue at the bottom (difficult to make simpler and easy to do).
So for each choice, CDPR would have to do this kind of scene (a different one per choice) and for each quest where there is a choice. Honestly, that would represent a gigantic job and therefore, it seems to me impossible for a game "only" at 60 Euros.

And I'm not talking about "replayability", because the majority of players don't even finish the games (yes, for me 80% is a majority). So theoretically, those who finish the games (us), we are an anecdotal part of the market. Let's imagine that there are 2 choices per quest with different outcomes, roughly half of the work done would be "useless" because the majority of players do not "replay" :(

Last edited:
If you want to do a completionist playthrough that's up to you, I prefer to focus on one aspect and specialize in that element of the storyline.

Your choices you make in roleplaying games cuts off and changes later content, that's the nature of choices that matter, i regard what I do as something similar. I can take the nomad path and do the pan am stuff beyond hellman, I can save takeyama for a corpo style storyline. If I want a corpo playthrough, I can have a corpo playthrough, there is ample content there to fulfill that. Other times I might want more a rocker type playthrough and pursue the johnny quest-line.

After the prologue there are choices you can make, does your character seek revenge, maybe they just want out of night city altogether, maybe they want to do all in their power to get back into Arasaka, all those choices are there for the taking

I will play multiple playthroughs, I am not cutting myself off from any content
Yes i get what your saying but your corpo playtrough wont contain anything my compleationist playtrough wont. Thats the thing since every thing (exept the endings) pretty much just have one outcome there wont be enough differance for me too redo it. It would be much more interesting for me if for example you decline Panams quest and learn that the aldecados joined biotechnica and you can do quests for them later on in the game or something. wouldent even have too be quests just some talking with them and seeing something change. Everybody is free to play the game they want, im just dissapointed since i expected way too much from this game and it clearly wasent made for me.

Actually, it's going to sound silly, but I didn't expect to have a lot of big choices in Cyberpunk, as soon as I start playing :(
Why ?
Because at the level of the "cutscenes" or more simply, the dialogues with the NPCs during the quests, I find that we are light years away from the games where we have a lot/more choice.
To stay in the "Corpo" theme, if I take the example of when you speak with Meredith before "The Pickup". Technically, it's still a rather brief and "basic" dialogue (and it's optional), but this scene is just great and have surely required a lot of work. Unlike games like Fallout 4 or more recently The Outer World, where that kind of scene is just an NPC-centric view with the lines of dialogue at the bottom (difficult to make simpler and easy to do).
So for each choice, CDPR would have to do this kind of scene (a different one per choice) and for each quest where there is a choice. Honestly, that would represent a gigantic job and therefore, it seems to me impossible for a game "only" at 60 Euros.

And I'm not talking about "replayability", because the majority of players don't even finish the games (yes, for me 80% is a majority). So theoretically, those who finish the games (us), we are an anecdotal part of the market. Let's imagine that there are 2 choices per quest with different outcomes, roughly half of the work done would be "useless" because the majority of players do not "replay" :(
Thats the thing i expected. i though they shortened the main story too make it easier for them too have truely diffrent outcomes. When the game released i figured it was just cuz they ran out of time tbh. I figuired out that the story was on rails during the heist mission when i couldent save Jackie. Only at 60 euro is kinda missleading tho, they made every euro back on pre orders only (atleast according too what ive heard). Replayability is kinda important for me atleast, especialy if you slap the RPG label on the game. And when you say choice matters and i feel like it dont it just comes off as missleading.

Thats the thing i expected. i though they shortened the main story too make it easier for them too have truely diffrent outcomes. When the game released i figured it was just cuz they ran out of time tbh. I figuired out that the story was on rails during the heist mission when i couldent save Jackie. Only at 60 euro is kinda missleading tho, they made every euro back on pre orders only (atleast according too what ive heard). Replayability is kinda important for me atleast, especialy if you slap the RPG label on the game. And when you say choice matters and i feel like it dont it just comes off as missleading.
In fact what I mean is that to have choices which really influence, it is necessary either that the dialogues / scenes are "basic" or to have several games in one.
As with Jackie, let imagine we can save him. You have to write a whole different story only for one "choice". Because anything would be different if Jackie is alive (2 games in one). Or if you save him, you create a different outcome, where Dex kill V and Jackie, but V have the Relic and only V wake up in the landfield (I'm not sure it would be "more" satisfying at the end...)
The same thing for the life paths, to be very different, it would take 3 games in one.
Adam Jensen has the best Corpo lifepath missions. To speak to a Militech or Kang Tao defector could make for some interesting Corpo lifepath choices such as in....

I don't talk too much about Deus-Ex, because for be honest, I only play a little Mankind Divided and and I quickly give up (17hrs in total) :(
(but I think, we also are very far from the quality of CP "cinematic").
To be honest, the only things that stood out to me was that the city seemed incredibly static, that I was always in need/lack of a tranquilizer darts for my pistol and that I wanted to get out of the areas where there were enemies, as fast as possible.
But one day, I certainly will give it a new chance and replay it, that's for sure

Last edited:
Top Bottom