Disappointed in Corpo life path

+
As with Jackie, let imagine we can save him
Yes, the option to push away Jackie's hand when he tries to slot the chip into your head, and slot it back into him. That might just boot him up... with the Johnny problem. It think it should work, bc it isn't just the brain that the nanites fixed. They altered the whole V's body to host Johnny.

Speaking about Jackie, it looks like only the corpo path allows for V and Jackie to know each other from before. As a streetkid or a nomad, they only meet at the beginning of the game. The history/connection between them is much stronger with the corpo V than otherwise.

Maybe the choices aren't where players think they are ?
Like you have the choice to help Panam or not, to betray Panam at one moment, to help Judy or not, to let Gustavo leave Night City alive, to kill Oda or not, to let Goro dies...
But it's probably me :)
I have over 150hrs put in game so I am quite confident in what I am saying. All those things you said are those in 2%. Game dosent give you many consequences for you choices. It pains me to say to that.

[However if CDPR dosent fuck up in a hopefully upcoming dlc and shows what happens with V other than dying in 6 months I am open to forgive (mostly) to cdpr/SPOILER]

I have over 150hrs put in game so I am quite confident in what I am saying. All those things you said are those in 2%. Game dosent give you many consequences for you choices. It pains me to say to that.

Me too, and I have a little more play time than 150h in fact :)
But like I said, it represent more than 2% in my opinion (I don't count GIGs or minor Side quests). All the "skippable" side quests represent the double or triple of the main quest play time.
You can literally "ignore" all the side quests (by saying "no, I can't/don't want doing that"). For me, having a possibility to doing or not a quest is already a choice. If for you it's not, what I could say ? Nothing... :)

Fwiw, I've got some 456+ hours by now.
In case we're measuring cred by that. ;) Ask me anything you like.

I have two full plays so far. I started the other one cause I anticipated more changes coming. Meh. Both my Vs look the same, so I treat the two plays as parallel universes. Very similar.

Last edited:
Fwiw, I've got some 456+ hours by now.
In case we're measuring cred by that. ;) Ask me anything you like.

I have two full plays so far. I started the other one cause I anticipated more changes coming. Meh. Both my Vs look the same, so I treat the two plays as parallel universes. Very similar.
I have 985+ but with The Ascent out I put CP2077 on hold

I'm a little ashamed to say it actually...
Xbox stats : 95days 16hours in total since December 10, I let anyone do the math. At 100, I stop, it is promised... Anyway, I stop when I want !
With some other games to take breaks, but I always come back o_O
Sorry for the off-topic.

I guess 345 hours of game play, give or take the occasional letting it sit on pause, i am not among the biggest in terms of time invested, but oh well. As for the corpo path, it really didn't feel any different to the other 2 in the long run. The same basic story line and with the occasional corpo line to add for flair, it isn't doing anything ground breaking. But then again, it acts more like the origin stories from Dragon Age Origins. That said, i did like it's small nuances it added in the dialog despite not really influencing the outcome at all. You can still have the feeling of each V being from a different upbringing, despite it not really impacting the main story much.

See, that is the thing about Cyberpunk 2077. It has so many details that I can spend full days in it. My presence is currently only capped by working, having some life, apart from burning down a battle pass and replaying Control.
I could name the current 2,272 hours in Quake Champions from the 'other game' category. :)

Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.
When I played Corpo V all I saw was an individual too dependant of the tech Arasaka gave them, dependent of the drugs they gave them, and being so constantly stressed out that they needed a personal life coach just to stay calm and not fall into a mental breakdown. So I feel that once they had that slight taste of freedom, being away from any corpo claws, V wasn't willing to go back to that lifestyle. That's how I saw it and why I didn't even question it.
I agree that in some missions it feels like you lack enough options, though, but the intro missions? Just saw them as tools to get an idea of what the V you chose was going to be like, maybe give you something to work with if you're the kind of gamer who adds your own madeup backstory to your main character. You can also choose whoever V was before those intros.

When I played Corpo V all I saw was an individual too dependant of the tech Arasaka gave them, dependent of the drugs they gave them, and being so constantly stressed out that they needed a personal life coach just to stay calm and not fall into a mental breakdown. So I feel that once they had that slight taste of freedom, being away from any corpo claws, V wasn't willing to go back to that lifestyle. That's how I saw it and why I didn't even question it.
This is actually already the reality of corporate life, where no employee union is present or laws just allow the employer to burn out and replace people in regular cycles.

Why would someone who just got screwed by Arasaka and has all kinds of dirt on them, willing to go to be a lowlife street merc. Why not go straight to Militech and offer everything you know for big eddies? Doesn't make any sense. Hence, how CDPR screwed up the main RPG element of this game, choices. We don't really have any choice in the entire game but the ending.

I feel like this is more a lack of an explanation than an explanation is lacking if that makes sense. You could easily put in a few sentences that say, "Well, I could go to Militech and then I'd go from someone they let escape after ruining the life to someone they would ABSOLUTELY capture and torture the fuck out of."

Which is to say the Burned SpyTM who goes to an enemy nation is not going to have a long and fruitful life.

While that is true the only affect of doing that is a shorter story. Your just locking yourself out of content and it doesnt change anything exept the choices in endings. It might change due too the way V is RPed by you, but all it does ingame is lock content and remove a choice later on(might give you a diffrent reward to). If i do everything the "right" way on my first playtrough i would have access to everything the game has to offer. Theres very little branching in the game overall. Even the few choices you have offers little in variation for the game imo.

if your decisions will always follow a specific pattern you always get the same results. IE, if you play the game with every decision being to get the most content in one playthrough.

Role Playing is not about getting all the content. Its about doing things that fit your character. You can always start a new save to see other content, you are not losing anything.

And the game/story/narrative definitely feels different when you make those type of choices.

The beauty of cyberpunk narrative/gameplay is that its choices feel so natural that people don't even notice how their own mental framing effects the overall experience. The flaw is that in order to experience the game differently you have to change your 'nature'

like I ve seen some people who feel Johnny is a parasite, and are disgusted by body sharing. This is going to make it hard for you to replay it differently, and even if you do, it will feel uncomfortable, because you don't really like him, and are disgusted by where that leads.

Or a player who tends to go in Guns blazing and hates stealth, will not see content that requires stealth, or a different type of combat gameplay, or ways to approach a situation.

A person who is uncomfortable with interpersonal conflict will not piss off a major npc, and even if they do, won't appreciate when the npc calls them out for it, or brings it up in texts, etc.

but thats also the great part.

people looking for obvious clear changes in the direct events in the main plotline won't see too much of that, but people looking for different character development, char interactions, and the overall motivations and focuses of the story can get a very different experience.

its very interesting because the cheesy rpg choices in many rpgs, where the character is like neutral, evil, or boy scout, and the way every other char tends to also drastically change to match whatever the main char does, etc. It shows why many rpgs do it. It makes it easy to find the different outcomes, more obvious whats different. etc. It shows that it really is often worth it to sacrifice a better story, in order to be more obvious and clear to the user.

Last edited:
I wrote a long reply but, i realised its no point in argue about it. People will think this or that based on there own experiance of this game so no matter what i say it wont matter. If this game/story is what you like good for you, i dont and i wont change my mind either so.

Just wondering what content requires stealth? some quests gives extra rewards but i cant think of anything that fails if you get noticed..

Just wondering what content requires stealth? some quests gives extra rewards but i cant think of anything that fails if you get noticed..
I will quote one but there are others :)
Gustavo Orta > Gig: Bring Me the Head of Gustavo Orta
If you stealth (who is not required/asked in the GIGs objectives), you can talk to him and maybe let him leave Night City after that (if you judge that is the right thing to do).
In place of kill/knock out him without any form of explanation.
But yeah, no reward, but knowing the truth about his story, is as a reward, no ? (maybe not, but for me, yes).

I will quote one but there are others :)
Gustavo Orta > Gig: Bring Me the Head of Gustavo Orta
If you stealth (who is not required/asked in the GIGs objectives), you can talk to him and maybe let him leave Night City after that (if you judge that is the right thing to do).
In place of kill/knock out him without any form of explanation.
But yeah, no reward, but knowing the truth about his story, is as a reward, no ? (maybe not, but for me, yes).
I think i just walked in if i remember right. or said i was sent by somebody. Nobody aggroed untill i killed him if i remember right.

Or another, if you want :)
Gig: Going Up or Down?
-Kill/knockout him directly.
-Sneak an stol the bars without been detected.
-Sneak, speak to the guy, kill/knock out him and pick up the bars.
-Sneak, speak to him and convaince him to let you pick up the bars.
Or another type of choice :
The beast in me
-Loose the race and get no reward. Claire is mad.
-Win the race and get the money. Claire is mad.
-Follow Samson and Claire kill him. Claire is happy and you can buy the Quadra.
-Follow Samson and Claire don't kill him (you have to said the right words before). Claire is happy and you can get the Quadra for free.
Or I also can quote, the Clouds (Automatic Love), beat Fingers or not, let the ripperdoc leave or not in Little china (after the GIGs).

It's not examples who are lacking :)

I just feel super-badass, being an ex-corpo, and a present merc. The thing is, I do start with low street cred, but before they knew it, all the gangs were terrorized by me indiscriminately for xp, cred, and the loot. One could literally make a sad video showing their sad faces as I bash and trash them over and over (the respawning gangs).

A dialogue can go like this:
- Hey, Martine didn't come today.
Yeah. Pretty good, she must have gotten a new quest pack from CDPR or something
- Spoken too soon. Oh SH... !

Where are those updates anyway?

why u argue, game is linear. There is no consequence if there is no way to see consequence. Also game is linear no matter what. But it is okay for linear action which cp is, not rpg.

Top Bottom