Disappointment as a NA PC gamer (Not only about the CE) [UPDATED]

+
[UPDATE]Hey, so it has been brought to my attention that I missed a twitter update from them stating that it will be an option. However it is still unclear if it'll be an option before or at the regular launch date or if it'll be after the normal launch date. I'll update again when I find out...[/UPDATE]

Hey, so, as a little background in case any of you think I'm just jumping in here to troll or complain for no reason, I've been a long time supporter of CD Projekt RED. Many times I defend the company or praise the company in other forums, even forums for other games (don't worry, it's always in appropriate sub-forums, I'm not causing disruptions at other company forums using your company name...). I have bought your games multiple times before. I bought The Witcher 2 twice, after playing through the game, a version was released with a bunch of goodies included, so I bought the game again just for the extras. Then I preordered the CE of The Witcher 3, and bought both expansions. Then later I bough the GOTY edition of The Witcher 3 for a friend who hasn't played it who wouldn't have bought it herself. So as you can see, I'm not a troll, not trying to make you guys look bad, I am trying to have a positive outlook on this, but I can't help but be very disappointed in the entire situation.

Now I want to preface this by acknowledging that yes, I do realize that some decisions are not in the developers hands and is made by WB Games who distributes it here in NA, but I still feel like there doesn't seem like there's any interest by any party to try to make things better. So what's the problem? Well, the obvious one is how the CE won't be coming out for the PC in NA, but that's been discussed thoroughly in the post about that, but even looking at the standard edition. They said it themselves that they tried to cram as many extras into the box as they could for the standard edition. In NA, this only applies to the consoles since PC won't have any box at all, so even if you're only buying the standard edition, you're going to miss out on the extras they are including in the packaging. Then there are retailers like Best Buy and Gamestop that are giving their own extras for the game. Best Buy is giving you exclusive steelbooks for any version and Gamestop is giving you a medallion as well. But again, this ONLY applies to the console versions since neither of those retailers are selling the codes for the PC version. And one of them even had a $10 rewards bonus for buying the game. Again, ONLY for the console versions... So as PC gamers, we are paying exactly the same amount for the game and all we're getting is the game code. While the consoles, they get physical packaging (which I love to collect), physical goodies/extras from CD Projekt RED, physical goodies/extras from retailers, and bonus cash back bonuses. PC gamers, NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILTCH!

Then just to remind everyone, if we want the extras in the CE, we have to buy it for one of the consoles, then buy the game code. Sure, you guys are saying that we can just sell the console game disc, but we'll never get the full amount back. If we sell it through Amazon or Ebay, we have to pay to ship it, we probably can't ask for the full $60, we lose the tax that we paid, and ebay/Amazon takes a cut from the sale. So in the end if we want the CE goodies we have to shell out at more money...

No matter how you look at it, PC gamers in NA are getting the shaft and I'm super disappointed as a PC gamer. No, I'm not going to be childish and vindictive and suggest people to pirate the game. I am actually going to shell out the extra money buying the CE for Xbox One and then buying the game code separately, and I might just end up giving the Xbox version of the game away to a friend instead of selling it. I don't mind giving CD Projekt RED more of my money because they do great work, but it all still is leaving a bad taste in my mouth... Like I don't get to do these things voluntarily like I did with The Witcher 2 and 3, since I bought each of them twice, but that was my CHOICE, not an OBLIGATION like it is now...

I mean, I really wish that whoever controls the pricing of these things would put these factors into consideration and maybe make the PC code for the game slightly cheaper or something, throw us some kind of bone... Maybe send us some of the goodies that would come in the cases of the console version to us through the mail or something... *sigh*

Anyway, I'm done ranting, still can't wait to play this, but I really wish this isn't going to be the way it is from here on out...

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it, PC gamers in NA are getting the shaft and I'm super disappointed as a PC gamer.

Well here's the thing. Us Europeans get shafted on a regular basis in video game matters. Much later releases, things not being available at all here, higher prices etc.

Now you know how it feels.

Well here's the thing. Us Europeans get shafted on a regular basis in video game matters. Much later releases, things not being available at all here, higher prices etc.

Now you know how it feels.
I think Australia gets screwed a lot as well with games being censored or banned and stuff...

That's great, but North America does not equal US. What about Canada, or Mexico? So far, we've only gotten vague promises of we're working on it, unless I missed a new update.
Unfortunately, I have not seen any mention of Central America yet. However, as stated further down in that Twitter chain, CDPR is investigating the possibility of Canada. That is the extent of my information at the moment.

I'm sure it'll be easy for our brothers and sisters to our north to get them from the USA right?

Top Bottom