Discussing the “Questions from the Community” thread

+

Jupiter_on_Mars

This thread is for general discussion regarding the “Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014” thread. If you have any questions or just want to discuss a particular question asked in the other thread, this is the place to do it.

Project Garlic Cheerios has begun. Congrats, can't think of anyone more deserving!

I don't really understand why 2 questions per post were allowed. I can give you several examples where I'd endorse one of the questions but certainly not the other. Please reconsider and allow only one per post.

Not necessarily a question, but I think there's an overarching issue you'll need to establish, that is, how far into development process they are, and at this point to what extent features and game systems can accommodate fan feedback.

What's with the regal allusions, hey? Monarchy is despicable and regicide the solution. :teeth:
I can slow-mail you some complimentary «Pasteis de Nata» for you and devs to enjoy.

Last edited:
Will you be wearing clothes for the interview? If so, why?
Mainly due to these weird social rules that people have. I don't like it, but I have to do it.

I don't really understand why 2 questions per post were allowed. I can give you several examples where I'd endorse one of the questions but certainly not the other. Please reconsider and allow only one per post.
It's a good compromise I think. One question per post seems rather restrictive. I'm sorting questions based on other categories as well, so they'll be mixed up quite nicely. Trying to make it as fair as possible. :)

Not necessarily a question, but I think there's an overarching issue you'll need to establish, that is, how far into development process they are, and at this point to what extent features and game systems can accommodate fan feedback.
I'm sure I'll talk about this with the devs even if it doesn't make it in the interviews. I'll let you know!

What's with the regal allusions, hey? Monarchy is despicable and regicide the solution.
They're just pompous self-introductions, don't mind them. :p

I can slow-mail you some complimentary «Pasteis de Nata» for you and devs to enjoy.
That'd be grand. I just don't know how they'll end up if you slow mail them.

Kinley please wear a Bear Costume for the interviews. And then take it off to show everyone you really are a Bear.
That or a "No Crossbows" T-Shirt. Or a Blacha Order hat. I'm considering multiple options at the moment.

Also, big thanks to the mods for keeping an eye on the threads. You guys are the best! :)

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Bonus question:
3.) Why is Kinley not a moderator yet ?[/

Because we delete the third question? Always. Without fail.

Dragonbird is seeking to pre-emptively eliminate competition under the guise of thread tidiness. :teeth:

Anyway, I can't think of anyone better suited for a moderator position than Kinley. But I can certainly think of less suited people.

*rimshot*

That'd be grand. I just don't know how they'll end up if you slow mail them.

You mean you'll eat the out-of-the-oven lot before you ever set foot on Cologne?
I was thinking of including cannabis-scented Pasteis de Nata for you know whom.

Last edited:
You'd look really stupid though. I approve of this.
Might say I'd look...
tacky.

Dragonbird is seeking to pre-emptively eliminate competition under the guise of thread tidiness.
Don't see why there would be any kind of competition. In the end we're all working towards making our little community better, regardless of "mod status" or not.
(And besides, I don't need mod status to hoard all the redpoints :lol:)
I was thinking of including cannabis-scented Pasteis de Nata for you know whom.
I bet he'd appreciate them greatly!

Jupiter_on_Mars

@ReptilePZ

Just to clarify - and this is my very final word on the subject - the statement about @Dragonbird had an :teeth: at the end, indicating that it was tongue in cheek.
On the other hand, my other statement does express my mature toughts on the matter.

Back on topic.

Last edited:
The Polski division of the forums got wind of this neat little campaign by now, I reckon?

Speaking of which, any Polish people that are willing to make a similar thread on the Polish side and work with me to get their questions as well? I don't want them to feel left out.

Jupiter_on_Mars

It's a good compromise I think. One question per post seems rather restrictive.

Well, it's your interview, your thread, your call.

But what's restrictive about people posting several posts, which, by the way, is already happening? It takes just about as much time to go through qustions grouped in one post as it does if they're scattered throughout consecutive posts.

It's increasingly hard for me to cast a RED point, as pertinent questions seem to be frequently coupled with ones that are not. But, again, it totally is yours and the moderators' call.

Last edited:
Erm I noticed me questions were deleted, the horse one were a laugh but i'm serious about some closure on Berengar, like to know answer to him surviving as it's possible but bloody hard to do in the game. Can I re-submit the question? Cheers.

@Kinley I haven't posted questions in the other thread yet but I want to give you a suggestion that applies to most questions you might ask:

Focus on asking things regarding the devs' plans and intentions, rather than specific mechanisms or solutions. This is important because of the two following fundamental reasons:

1) It will simply be much more useful to all of us. Knowing game mechanics and systems and design decisions is useful, sure, but games are extremely complicated projects that create a self-contained context where the same mechanic could be terrible or amazing depending the surrounding ones, so if instead we know more about what they intend to achieve, rather than how, its easier to look at everything in the way they do, understand their decisions, and of course judge if they are going in the right direction or not. We could even then start to predict other unannounced features that fit their model and idea for the game, and better yet, suggest them new ones.

2) It's way easier to answer, its an opinion more consolidated through the whole team, and its not dependent on the game's development progress. Many things people ask and will continue to ask are bets, as in, we don't know if its defined finally yet, or even if the REDs would want to talk about it. However, the game's general direction, the goals that group what solutions (mechanics, features, etc) you use, are always very clear and defined in pre-production, and they give us far more important info than isolated design decisions for a particular system, so basically, it'll be much more likely we get answers that are not copy-paste or "we can't talk about it yet". If the questions you have to ask are very concrete and specific, then ask them, but if they don't give a straight totally clear answer, then go into "intentions and goals mode" so we can at least hear whats the general idea behind it and what it's supposed to accomplish.

So just consider it at least, I think it will make the whole interview way more "effective". Thanks for going there and taking our questions :)

Erm I noticed me questions were deleted, the horse one were a laugh but i'm serious about some closure on Berengar, like to know answer to him surviving as it's possible but bloody hard to do in the game. Can I re-submit the question? Cheers.

Berengar is dead. He was never intended to survive. No dialogue or journal entries exist for the possibility. There're no dev comments in the game's dialogue files that indicate it was even considered. Berengar has ceased to be. He has joined the Wolf School Invisible. He is an Ex-Witcher.

1. Did you came up with the idea how to solve piling up quest issue? The problem present in practically every open world RPG (you go to do a mission to place A picking up all available quests, then you go to place B, picking up all available quest you go to place C... And at some point you are standing in the middle of nowhere with dozens of active quests in your journal having absolutely no idea where to go and what to do).

My solution to that is the good old throw a dart at the chalkboard technique. (Just pick a random quest and roll with it).

My solution to that is the good old throw a dart at the chalkboard technique. (Just pick a random quest and roll with it).

It doesn't work for me, cause scheme repeat itself. That's the advantage of more old school act based RPG. You are in one map and you can max it without problem, and then go to another. Only open world RPG I ever finished was New Vegas, and I had to force myself to do it (also I was far from maxing out the game). And I love Obsydian guys!

I think it would be good to know what style cutscenes are we getting in this game (witcher 1 paintings vs witcher 2 comics ) , so please support that question , it's on page 5

Top Bottom