[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
Funny how IGN says the story isn't that good but the open world is fantastic, while I read the verdict of another review (don't remember which) which says the story is great but they failed with the open world. It shows that this kind of things are very subjective and you shouldn't read too much into one review
This... and this 100 times. Sometimes i can totally disagree with reviews. It's really a 9 or 10 for you personally the reviews just give a generalization of how people enjoy the game.

As amazing as I was expecting the game to be, I wasn't expecting a 10/10 from Gamespot, from Kevin VanOrd no less..
God dayum CDProjekt :victory:

Last edited:
I don't know. Normally PC reviews are lower than console reviews for some reason. Just check metacritic.

Witcher has been and always will be a PC centric franchise. The problems with framerate will be fixed on the PC version because the PS4 hardware is weak and they've also stated that all of these PS4 reviews was based off a build without the performance increase patch that you get on release day.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS4 .. Metascore 93 based on 15 Critics.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PS3 .. Metascore 92 based on 16 Critics.

We have a new champion? :)

Well not yet. We gotta see the X1 reviews. Xbox 360 has a 96 for Skyrim.

I don't know. Normally PC reviews are lower than console reviews for some reason. Just check metacritic.

According to the German GameStar review, the biggest problems on PC are bugs, frame rate issues and, above all, the controls. In combat, M/KB controls seam to be rather clunky, in menus, neither mouse nor controller seam to work perfectly.

...and yea, hard fantasy is "machismo", deal with it! Gawd I hate this bleeding heart social justice pansies...

Last edited:
his reasons where all over the place. Bugs and glitches. combat too streamlined for his tastes. and he didnt like all that sex that it had.... so yeah.

Actually he said that they should focus more in bug fixing and less on putting silly sex scene in game, obviously this is done by different departments in the studio, so it is a inaccurate request.

Last edited:
For the people getting antsy about the IGN review. Look at it this way - the guy clearly didn't like the game all that much overall (from his own personal opinion, subjectively). But he still felt the game deserved a 9.3. That's more impressive to me, than some of the love filled 10/10 ones lol.

----

Yeah Kevin is still my favourite reviewer, after all these years lol. I typically agree with him on games, so it's the only review I completely read (not this time yet, because of spoilers, though). Then I typically just check out meta scores. Just as a reference.

well i wanted to check his review of DA:I and he apparently gaved it a 9 :-, and what he had to say about it is not what i felt at all:
" Wonderful cast of interesting and relatable characters
Overarching narrative and diverse environments create a cohesive world
Choices that lead to adventure, triumph, and heartbreak
Lots of big areas to explore, with lots of great secrets to uncover
Fantastic balance between exploration, combat, story, and customization"
in fact, i barely agree with his review of it, and consider that game average at best (i give it a 6/10 for the PC version)
i hope TW3 won't have any of DA:I faults such as the dull world and bland quests.

The Dtoid review by Chris Carter with a score of 8, said that he reviewed the game two weeks ago.

Not sure which other sources have the day1 patch aside from Gamespot.

Last edited:
well i wanted to check his review of DA:I and he apparently gaved it a 9 :-, and what he had to say about it is not what i felt at all:
" Wonderful cast of interesting and relatable characters
Overarching narrative and diverse environments create a cohesive world
Choices that lead to adventure, triumph, and heartbreak
Lots of big areas to explore, with lots of great secrets to uncover
Fantastic balance between exploration, combat, story, and customization"
in fact, i barely agree with his review of it, and consider that game average at best (i give it a 6/10 for the PC version)
i hope TW3 won't have any of DA:I faults such as the dull world and bland quests.

Because usually Kevin is on the side of the San Fransisco hipster progressives, and they loved DAI... all the more surprised I am about his voiews on Wild Hunt, to be honest.

Also: DTOID is useless these days... totally.

It all sounds damn good, but i would be lying if i didn't say i am mildly shocked about the reports that the main story is full of fetch quests, and even one source says the side quests are just as fun as the main quest. Uh...what? But i recall lots of people from the media a few weeks ago claiming that after 12 hours of playing...barely any side quest was found that turned out to be a fetch quest. In fact they said they were all meaningful. What tha helll?

Yeah i agree i wasn't expecting that too. But i do believe if they are some fetch quests there. They will be much better than other RPGs.

10/10 is not a figure I would trust. Because it means perfect,flawless without any fault. Which is, with all love to the Witcher games and books, not reachable number for any game. Ever.
No game is perfect, even the Witcher 3 isn't. I can assure you that there are people who wouldn't enjoy the game at all, which means it isn't a 10/10.

Don't get me wrong. I'm awating this game for more than 2 years now and I'm pretty sure that it will be one of the best gaming experiences I've had so far.

But 10/10 means that all gamers, all over the world would enjoy this game like me. This is kind of hubris and unprofessional.
Moreover I would trust reviewers which give it a 9.5/10, because this is the upmost figure I could imagine a game could get.

10/10 is not a figure I would trust. Because it means perfect,flawless without any fault. Which is, with all love to the Witcher games and books, not reachable number for any game. Ever.
No game is perfect, even the Witcher 3 isn't. I can assure you that there are people who wouldn't enjoy the game at all, which means it isn't a 10/10.

Don't get me wrong. I'm awating this game for more than 2 years now and I'm pretty sure that it will be one of the best gaming experiences I've had so far.

But 10/10 means that all gamers, all over the world would enjoy this game like me. This is kind of hubris and unprofessional.
Moreover I would trust reviewers which give it a 9.5/10, because this is the upmost figure I could imagine a game could get.

It doesn't mean perfect or flawless. There is no such thing. You are way off.

View attachment 13933

Attachments

• 36e1957cf010e2bcc049ebc9d595132b3c95cf7787235be29c484e17e41f4dba.jpg
    36e1957cf010e2bcc049ebc9d595132b3c95cf7787235be29c484e17e41f4dba.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Top Bottom