[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 - Reviews

+
Every review below 9/10 would be a surprise for me.
I wish there won't be troll reviews of 6/10 this time.

I fully expect a troll review from polygon. Though probably 8/10 and not 6/10. I'm interested what score Gameinformer gives the game. Dragon Age Inqusition got a 9.5/10 (lol) so this game better gets a 12/10

I actually don't have very high expectations regarding the reviews. I think the game will maybe not be rated as high as it deserves (in my opinion). Witcher games are still niche games after all, and -besides the downgrade-discussion- there could arouse some criticisms.

So far every previewer has been blown away by the looks of the game, and as far as "niche games" goes, The Witcher franchise now occupies the same place in people's minds as Mass Effect and Dragon Age, the most famous story-focused CRPG franchises in history.

For example the size of the world vs. density of content: W3 has a more realistic attempt here where you don't find loot chests, cave entrances and quests behind every bush, some people could still consider this to feel "empty" and they could criticize that the game does not really encourage free exploring but rather running from one POI to another.

If the previews are anything to go by, TW3 is a lot more full of stuff to do than, say, Skyrim. That there's "points of interest" in every direction, no matter where you decide to go, you'll find something worthwhile to do.

Do I expect every single review to be nothing but glowing positives? Nope. I expect at the very least the fighting system to be fairly divisive, along with the fact that the protagonist is not customisable. But I see little reason to worry about the points you made.

Im waiting Angry Joes review. I hope he does the handlotion thing again. I lolled so hard watching his W2 review. Hes a huge fan, so i hope that doesnt cloud his mind..

Do I expect every single review to be nothing but glowing positives? Nope. I expect at the very least the fighting system to be fairly divisive, along with the fact that the protagonist is not customisable. But I see little reason to worry about the points you made.

me neither. I am not worried about the game at all. I like how it's done - but still i'd say it simply isn't made for everyone. This is probably what we will see as soon as the reviews are here tormorrow. Then, i will not complain about possilbe low(er) ratings.
Only thing that worries me and only reason i will look into those reviews are my very own concerns about the keyboard&mouse gameplay. Depending on those reviews, i might go and buy a new mouse (maybe the G69 or something similar), so it could be important to me.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
anyone got a list of reviewers to look out for?
i have no intrest in the opinions good or bad of someone who has not read the books or played the games,or of any knacker who mentions skyrim or DAI in the first few lines.....HAH

imo to fully appreciate the game...you must know the story,the people and the world..........not that a review would in anyway change my opinion that we are a few days away from an EPIC!!

I fully expect a troll review from polygon. Though probably 8/10 and not 6/10. I'm interested what score Gameinformer gives the game. Dragon Age Inqusition got a 9.5/10 (lol) so this game better gets a 12/10

That is the problem with a lot of reviews i think. A person enjoys a game and rates it way higher than what it deserves, based on reasons that do not justify it.

I haven't played the witcher 3 obviously but just thinking of what the game has to offer (open world, fantastic characters, better combat than DA:I and i bet a better story) i can't see how TW3 can get lower than 9.5. DA:I is a 7.5-8/10 game for me personally.

Very high reviews on some games, dont do justice to games that are better :)

You would consider 8/10 to be a troll review?

i'd rather not give a fuck about those numbers. Its arbitrary and ignores the fact that games are somewhat pieces of art like drawings, books or movies. if you don't like the setting, the technique or the feeling you get from it, it simply doesn't suit you. Ofc, even in art, books and movies you should probably stay away from stuff rated very low, and so it is somewhat true in videogame ratings too, but i don't expect W3 to be rated below 3 after all.

THE GOOD
Phenomenal, beautiful open world that juxtaposes violence with beauty
Absorbing story wonderfully balances world politics and personal conflict
Fantastic detailing reveals the consequences of your actions
Armor designs, potion system, and sign upgrades provide an excellent sense of growth
There's so much to do--almost all of it brimming with quality

:victory: :cheers:

Top Bottom