[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
Hairworks is disable on these pics, the PAX and GDC video have Hairworks, you can know because with Hairworks enable Geralt's hair is "more white"

Im quite sure hairworks is enabled in the first two pics i posted. watch the video again the difference between all the parts and the bath part is obvious.

Also watch the Griffin part from the january gameplay and then watch ign's 15min video

Last edited:
Im quite sure hairworks is enabled in the first two pics i posted. watch the video again the difference between all the parts and the bath part is obvious.

Also watch the Griffin part from the january gameplay and then watch ign's 15min video

so if that footage in your opinion has hairworks enabled, then why did CDPR said the opposite? lie or confusion?

I personally think it wasnt enabled in any footage we saw up to this point, like CDPR said, and also the guys from gamestar said hairworks looked incredible, they saw previous footage of course too, and in person, so that means for them to be impressed there has to be a big difference, and in those screens there isnt. one to me.

Last edited:
It looks high resolution, certainly, but a lot of the skin textures seem.. off. Like sub-surface scattering isn't turned all the way up like it is for some of the nicer trailer shots (such as with Triss/Geralt/Yennifer on the boat in the SOD trailer.

My bet is it's on high settings but rendered at an enormous resolution.

This isn't really a new screenshot. I don't think they said it was Ultra anywhere when it was released. It's from at least December going by the save date on the version I have saved.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. CDPR pushed the boundaries of graphical fidelity back in 2011 with the Witcher 2, so it shouldn't be a, "I'll be damned" moment, considering they're utilizing the Red Engine 3.

No I think it's off on all the pictures here. Hairwork is enabled for sure in the 35 minute. Just look at the griffin fur. So the hair move the same on GDC and The 15 first minute release the other day. But In hand on it is not activated except for the moment where Geralt walk in Kaer Trolde (editing). The poney rigidity is a good visual clue,

This is most likely PC high settings, like all other footage except the E3 live demo.

Its probably from when Ciri appears shortly after the quest of the 35min demo ends like some journalists reported, and it also appeared first time near the release of that video.

:rly?:
There is nothing exceptional about it, looks about the same as Geralt or Vesemir from the recent video.
"CG"? Hah! Not even close, I would fire the entire team if this is the result they produce on CG with haloing hair and broken strands.

Probably CG, ultra won't look that good

clearly you would need a nasa super computer and 20 titans processing in the cloud to achieve those hyper ultra real graphics. that looks better than real life.

totally doesn't look like a typical modern pc game.

PC high, very comparable to other games out there when you render scenes at 12K resolution

(Crysis 3, for instance)

isn't this a old screenshot?

How do you know it's from pc high, besides the Character models hardly change between consoles and pc. And between high and ultra, ultra only adds some resource expensive effects to the world.

Hairwork was disabled in January footage.

---------- Updated at 01:26 PM ----------

This is actually game footage. Compare this with SOD trailer. Almost identical. What is here looks like CG? Of course looks amazing. Because game already amazing))))

EDIT: And yes. Its old picture.

Hairwork was disabled in January footage.

---------- Updated at 01:26 PM ----------

This is actually game footage. Compare this with SOD trailer. Almost identical. What is here looks like CG? Of course looks amazing. Because game already amazing))))

EDIT: And yes. Its old picture.

Ciri's face really doesn't look that good compared to what we saw in the SOD trailer. I mean her face looks like plastic compared to the character models that we saw in SOD. It seems that her face is missing sub-surface scattering, making the skin look unnatural. Geralt, Triss and Yennefer look a lot more life like in this picture.

Attachments

• faces.jpg
    faces.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 58
---------- Updated at 04:06 PM ----------

Ciri's face really doesn't look that good compared to what we saw in the SOD trailer. I mean her face looks like plastic compared to the character models that we saw in SOD. It seems that her face is missing sub-surface scattering, making the skin look unnatural. Geralt, Triss and Yennefer look a lot more life like in this picture.

About sub-surface scattering you are right. But this feature is still in game. We saw this in last 15 minute footage. And fo me skin sahders just amazing in last footage. But about Ciri just compare the texture resolution, cloth material and etc. and keep in mind that sub-surface scattering will be in retail version.

Top Bottom