witcher2.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 47
  • witcher1-1.jpg
    witcher1-1.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 45
  • witcher2-1.jpg
    witcher2-1.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 49
Derp, sorry! (you showed a wrong link though :3 )
Looks great so far *drool*

Ups. LOL. I thought it is review. :)

---------- Updated at 05:28 PM ----------

Aside from colour palette and lack of vignette I mostly only spot a lighting difference (harsh/flat vs soft/volumetric). Hopefully the superior lighting is still possible in the PC version.

In SOD trailer screenshot hair, mustache, and beard is more detailed, Skin is more natural, beautiful soft shadows on character's face and neck.

Yeah there's that and did you not notice it's not the same location anymore, placement of things has changed and it's not sunlight hitting his face anymore but a local light, a lantern or a candle or some such.

In SOD trailer screenshot hair, mustache, and beard is more detailed, Skin is more natural, beautiful soft shadows on character's face and neck.

Sure. Really don't care. Each to their own, blah blah blah. Add Scathing Remarks.

Don't ..do not...start up on downgrades or anything like 'em. Talk about how you'd prefer better lighting, or the lighting seems unnatural or your granny can photoshop better, whatever. Well, that last is kind of trolling, don't do that.

What we'v had enough of, is the downgrade discussion. As a mod, I don't give two craps about the veracity of the downgrade or not argument any more - I'm bloody tired of settling disputes, closing threads and deleting posts on this highly inflammatory, apparently very emotional (?) topic.

It disrupts the community to no good end.

Has there been a downgrade? Don't care. This is the thread for Screenshots and Artwork. Talk about those, as they stand. Now about what they could have been/should have been/might have been.

And again, comparison between PC and PS4 version.. what's the purpose?

I know! I know! To "prove" that PC users have been stabbed in the back! With graphics! Graphically stabbed in the back.

Sure. Really don't care. Each to their own, blah blah blah. Add Scathing Remarks.

Don't ..do not...start up on downgrades or anything like 'em. Talk about how you'd prefer better lighting, or the lighting seems unnatural or your granny can photoshop better, whatever. Well, that last is kind of trolling, don't do that.

Lightining is really one of the worst I've ever seen.
And yes, in SOD it was really better.

Attachments

• witcher21.jpg
    witcher21.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 1431550214769.jpg
    1431550214769.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I think that Triss now looks way better - from technical and artistic standpoint

Attachments

• triss.jpg
    triss.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 39
  • triss 1.jpg
    triss 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
not to mention the voice actor has changed according to the GT review video so theres that.

Incorrect, it is absolutely, definitely, for sure the same VA. She has improved and is likely getting better direction, but it's definitely still the same VA.

As for the model, it's subjective but I think Triss still looks fucking fab. One thing which people constantly forget about The Witcher 3 is lighting, which can affect how a model looks at certain points quite significantly.

Without the odd shadows and lighting in the picture you've posted, she looks very much like the same 'ol Triss from W2, a few slight changes.

(Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry is dating the "Two-Face" chick. Lighting just does that sometimes, there's a reason theatre and film are really, really precise with how they light stages/sets)

Last edited:
Incorrect, it is absolutely, definitely, for sure the same VA. She has improved and is likely getting better direction, but it's definitely still the same VA.

Lambert's voice actor is changed, I liked his voice in TW1, while in TW3 it seems to me...forgettable.
Even Zoltan doesn't seem the same.

Top Bottom