Disgraceful - Disgraced Brawler

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I understand that we don't know the full picture and there may be some catch in this card, but on its face value, as it is revealed, I think this is the most disgusting card. BloodThirst is needed to achieve more value than the provision cost. If enough BloodThirst is not there, the cards will perform sub-par and if they are deployed with enough BloodThirst, they give much more value than other similarly provisioned cards. Though I don't agree with the BloodThirst count and the benefit it brings (BloodThirst 3 is considered as God mode for many cards which seems very easy to me, but I haven't played SK, so I don't know how difficult it actually is, but whenever I play against SK, BloodThirst 3 is achieved easily and quickly by the opponents), it still makes sense. You setup the board to get more benefits. Fair enough.

Now, this Disgraced Brawler takes BT to another level. His concept is, "I will come with insane broken value, with a small vulnerability. In order to remove the vulnerability, I need BT3". It is completely illogical. Unless Berserk would inherently mean that the cards will lose 1 power per round, this card is kind of disgusting. For 7 point on board on deploy, others will need 8 provisions, but this card achieves it for 5 provisions and can keep it without any vulnerability with BT3.

The trailer and the way expansion was revealed is fantastic and I am very very excited and can't wait to see this expansion. But I am worried that it may have plenty of cards that are broken-on-arrival and we will need to wait for a month for them to get fixed. Fingers crossed.

It is 7 power on deploy, true. But without BT effect, it requires only 4 damage to remove like any other plain 4power/4provision common. So I would say it´s pretty much balanced. Bloodthirst archetype desperately needs proactive cards like this.

I bet If the card´s text was "4power; Bloodthirst 3: boost this dude by 3", you would probably completely ok with it, right? Funny fact: it´s practically same effect. :)

[...]
I bet If the card´s text was "4power; Bloodthirst 3: boost this dude by 3", you would probably completely ok with it, right? Funny fact: it´s practically same effect. :)
That would imply removal gets used on it, it is not giving you the option to use removal, it is baiting removal.

Besides that I would say (directed at rrc) we should stay calm until more cards are revealed, of course we can say this looks really powerful, maybe too powerful, however we should stay calm for now.

Right. As if Skellige needs to be even more overpowered. It has basically a mini-to-normal version of the specialities of all the other factions, plus it's own things.

BloodThirst 3 is considered as God mode for many cards which seems very easy to me, but I haven't played SK, so I don't know how difficult it actually is, but whenever I play against SK, BloodThirst 3 is achieved easily and quickly by the opponents
Bloodthirst 3 is very easy to achieve. Player needs just to activate Arnjolf ability and it is done. Opponent can play very seriously even having focused deck based on Filavandrel or Meve and still it is impossible to avoid it. Beside being overpowered, Arnjolf ability is also unflavourful. There is no reason why opponents units should be on your row (spies are Nilgaard style, not Skellige). I do not see problem in bloodthirst cards as much as in Arnjolf. Arnjolf makes bloodthirst cards unbalanced.

Not sure about those details to be honest. Don't know that Arnjold card, but I just checked it on the wiki now and remember it, and you're probably right. 3 damaged sirens..

I think bloodthirst is probably easy for skellige to archieve in the first place. This faction just damages everything, plus it has the deck manage ability above and beyond Nilfgaard, and it has a mini version of monsters graveyard ability, it has the (instant) damage ability above and beyond Northern Realms. I just don't think Skellige needs anything additional, it's already overpowered. Not sure if anyone agrees with that. But I don't feel the same way about Monsters deck even or any of the other decks tbh. I thought perhaps Nilfgaard was a bit underpowered even, but I'm not sure about it anymore. If anything, Skellige should be toned down slightly.

Bloodthirst 3 is very easy to achieve. Player needs just to activate Arnjolf ability and it is done. Opponent can play very seriously even having focused deck based on Filavandrel or Meve and still it is impossible to avoid it. Beside being overpowered, Arnjolf ability is also unflavourful. There is no reason why opponents units should be on your row (spies are Nilgaard style, not Skellige). I do not see problem in bloodthirst cards as much as in Arnjolf. Arnjolf makes bloodthirst cards unbalanced.
Arnjolf works during 1 round and then all synergy cards require actual setup, not to mention that if you are that scared of it you could easily run Golden Froth to undamage all the sirens and force the opponent to deal exactly 2 damage to them.

Mark my words : this card will be nerfed, i just don't know when :).

As RCC stated a 7 body is worth 8 provisions.
If not countered, the brawler is a 7 body who costs 5 provisions instead of 8.
If countered, he is a 4 body who costs 5 provisions instead of 4 (since 4 damages are enough to kill him).

Let's do simple maths :
In the best case scenario, the Skellige player saves 3 provisions points.
In the worst case scenario, the Skellige player loses 1 provision point.

Clearly, the brawler is at advantage.

Moreover, you have to meet not one but two conditions to counter him :
- you must be able to deal 4 damages (not that easy),
- you must not have 3 damaged units on the board.

This card is strangely designed. Usually, cards with situationnal advantages give a small advantage if conditions are met and a small disavantage if conditions aren't met.

For example, elven wardancer costs 5 provisions points. If the right conditions are met, she is worth 6 provisions points, if not, she is worth 4 provisions points. This is a pretty balanced card. The same can't be said of the brawler.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Swim rated this card 1 star out of 5. Just saying... Carry on with the discussion.

Top Bottom