Dishonored 2

+
Never finished the first one.
Dont know why, but after awhile it was boring and left me somehow cold.
Let's see how this part will be.

Never finished the first one.
Dont know why, but after awhile it was boring and left me somehow cold.
Let's see how this part will be.

On my first playthrough I didn't finish it but then I picked it up again last year and blazed through the entire thing and loved it. I think I enjoyed it more when I worked to be stealthy, since it really made the ending feel better.

ALSO on another note. I hope we get more info on the Outsider. He's such a fascinating character I want to see more of him. Loved the VA too.

edit: i just google searched the Outsider and found out they've decided to change the VA for Dishonored 2. I wonder why :(

Last edited:
What hooked me about the original dishonored were the aesthetics. It looks uncannily like City 17 in Half Life 2, one of my favorite games of all time. That's also no coincidence, since Viktor Antonov, the lead artist on Half Life 2 and Dishonored, was specifically asked by Arkane Studios to craft a world for them that overtly mimicked his earlier work at Valve.

I also really fell in love with the character of Emily and was acting like a papa bear throughout the whole thing. When I saw her character turning for the worse because of my in-game actions, I was really taken aback.

Not super thrilled that they also changed her voice actress. It's no longer Chloe Moretz, which is a bummer. They're relatively the same age - Moretz is 19 and Emily is supposed to be around 25 now - so I don't see why it was necessary. Maybe too expensive?

What i love about Dishonored is that the game doesn't penalize you no matter how you play it.
One of the few things that i really disliked about Deus Ex: HR is that you would always receive more experience and faster leveling if you would use stealth, i understood why it was there since the game promotes stealth, but it still bothered me cause it just taunted you to change your gameplay style.

I'm glad they are keeping levels the same as it was with first game, way too many games are going open-world nowadays.

When I saw her character turning for the worse because of my in-game actions, I was really taken aback.

Same, I did a high-chaos run for my first playthrough and it was amazing how subtle but effective the changes are depending on your actions. Sam's attitude towards Corvo on low-chaos was so much better than when you've been playing as a murder happy assassin.

Not super thrilled that they also changed her voice actress. It's no longer Chloe Moretz, which is a bummer. They're relatively the same age - Moretz is 19 and Emily is supposed to be around 25 now - so I don't see why it was necessary. Maybe too expensive?

Maybe her voice didn't suit their vision for grown up Emily?

this game looks good, i hope to see moe colour this tme, the first one was too grey- dark, and better A.I. the enemies always do the exact same thing

cyseal

Is this made in Unreal engine 4? It reminds me to Bioshock infinitive.

this game looks good, i hope to see moe colour this tme, the first one was too grey- dark, and better A.I. the enemies always do the exact same thing
Well what says in this particular screenshots addresses to some extent the A.I.thing

They are using the "Void" engine (based on id tech 6).

Anyways,there's a ton of new info circling around but some of it is really spoilish,but if you guys are interested I'll post it anyway....

Well what says in this particular screenshots addresses to some extent the A.I.thing

They are using the "Void" engine (based on id tech 6).

Anyways,there's a ton of new info circling around but some of it is really spoilish,but if you guys are interested I'll post it anyway....

Just be sure to put any relevant spoilers in tags.

I loved the first Dishonored, a very underrated game imo. It has some of the tightest, slickest first person gameplay I've experienced. Only thing I didn't like was the anticlimactic ending. So glad we get to play as two different characters this time.

I'm trying to avoid looking at stuff because of spoilers, but is there confirmation then that the protagonist will be voiced? It isn't just that Emily will be voiced if you play as Corvo and vice versa?

The fact that Corvo wasn't voiced was my only real complaint about the first game.

I'm trying to avoid looking at stuff because of spoilers, but is there confirmation then that the protagonist will be voiced? It isn't just that Emily will be voiced if you play as Corvo and vice versa?

The fact that Corvo wasn't voiced was my only real complaint about the first game.

The heading on Gamespot's article - "Dishonored 2 will introduce a voice actor for the previously silent protagonist, Corvo Attano" - seems to suggest that no one will be silent this time 'round, but I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed.

---------- Updated at 02:13 PM ----------

Er, do you mean Bioshock Infinite? Bioshock Infinitive would be "to Bioshock."

Just be sure to put any relevant spoilers in tags.

I loved the first Dishonored, a very underrated game imo. It has some of the tightest, slickest first person gameplay I've experienced. Only thing I didn't like was the anticlimactic ending. So glad we get to play as two different characters this time.

Yeah...it's kind of hard to decide what's relevant to someone and what is not to someone else.

So have some more screenshots instead,most of them contain some valuable info anyway

Just like the 1st one the art style here is just amazing which along with a fantastic gameplay and some brilliant level design made Dishonored sooo special.

Last edited:
The heading on Gamespot's article - "Dishonored 2 will introduce a voice actor for the previously silent protagonist, Corvo Attano" - seems to suggest that no one will be silent this time 'round, but I'm not sure if it's been 100% confirmed.

It has also been said that he will have Garrett's voice from Thief - not sure if this refers to the original games (Stephen Russell) or the newest one, but I think it is Stephen Russell, who also voice acted characters in other games published by Bethesda.

Top Bottom