Dishonored 2

+
Dishonored 2

Well, would you look at that ?

So... a new protagonist [hope he has a voice this time], next-gen graphics, new powers and... multiplayer ?

Looks like it's yet another game that is going massive open world, judging by the new location:

"Tyvia is the northernmost island in the Empire of the Isles. Its terrain is harsh, and its climate is persistently cold."

Do we get new powers called Shouts as well? Nah, I guess it's a bit unfair, especially when TW3 is pulling similar kind of stuff. Anyway, I'm glad they're exploring the setting more, Dunwall always felt a bit dull to me, while the stories from around the world were pretty cool. Gonna be keeping an eye on this.

Man, I gotta get to play the first part eventually.

*moves Dishonored up in the backlog*

I like dishonored so i'm curious about this new chapter! The idea of ​​multiplayer doesn't convince me but I appreciate the idea of ​​a new protagonist, location and powers!

So... a new protagonist [hope he has a voice this time], next-gen graphics, new powers and... multiplayer ?

Not really... id tech 5 is the engine used in Rage. Certainly capable of atmospheric graphics, but not next-gen.
But actually I don't care. Dishonored was great despite the outdated UE3.

I thought it was fantastic. You have more latitude than in a pure stealth game, so it's a bit more like Deus Ex than Thief. 2016 is eons away though.

:-[

Everytime I see that Doom beta logo, my heart jumps a bit. It's been an agonizing 6 years since it's (unofficial) announcement in 2008. I am already excited about the new Wolf so I will preorder it anyway.

The Rage engine is perfectly capable of rendering high fidelity graphics but the Megatexture technology doesn't really allow it. You see, the Megatextures technology allows the artists to literally paint the world as they please, meaning that NO texture is repeated. The downside is that this requires enormous amounts of space, RAGE already was 25 gigs and some of the textures were downright low-res, even if by looking at all the detail it's clear that they were meant to be higher-res. You don't just put so much detail on low-res textures.

Yep, Dishonored is fantastic. You play it your way (force, or stealth, lethal or non-lethal), and the world actually reacts and changes depending on your actions. If playing on high chaos, it is not just people tell that there are more rat and weepers,there ARE more rats and weepers, and Dunwall generally becomes more grim. Emily is behaving differently as well, people comment and react to Corvo's actions, and the outcome is presented in a very satisfactory manner. Also it is the game where you can finish all missions without killing anyone at all. My only complain was that the game was too short, but with two story DLCs that sort of continue the main game, the entire game is long and even more great.

Kind of excited if it's real. Still have not beaten the first game, I just kind of lost interest but still though it was a decent game. Might go back and replay soon.

Pretty sure these are fakes.

Could very well be. The spelling mistakes are kinda strange, then again it's a French studio. I guess we will have to wait till E3 to see for ourselves, since Bethesda "doesn't comment on rumours".

Last edited:
Could very well be. The spelling mistakes are kinda strange, then again it's a French studio. I guess we will have to wait till E3 to see for ourselves, since Bethesda "doesn't comment on rumours".

Yeah, well, it may be fake. But I am pretty sure we'll get Dishonored 2 anyway, and no later than 2016. I hope the devs will announce it officially some time this year.

I'm going to issue an official warning.

As a dude who loves stealth games, Dishonored is pretty shit. Sure, on my first playthrough I didn't complain. But I couldn't even finish the second one and I had to FORCE myself to play the DLCs. What makes Dishonored so shit I hear you ask? Simple: There's absolutely no stakes. No atmosphere. No tension. The "stealth" aspect isn't reinforced by the plot, negating any suspense to the gameplay. The powers can be fun to use and they allow for a lot of creativity but if you're looking for good voice acting, a solid script, an engaging story, Dishonored ain't the game for you.

Just a warning. In hindsight, I kinda regret buying the game, let alone the DLCs. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. The gameplay is still solid, the mechanics work crazy well and the overt combat sword-duelling fights you can engage in flow really well and is how first person swordplay is supposed to work. So yeah, be cautious. It's not terrible but you'll play it, and forget about everything you did a day later. It's just so forgettable. I guess you could say that the game has zero substance. Shame. Maybe the second game will be better.

I'm going to issue an official warning.It's not terrible but you'll play it, and forget about everything you did a day later. It's just so forgettable. I guess you could say that the game has zero substance. Shame. Maybe the second game will be better.

How is that official?

I play stealth in Dishonoured so didn't have to, you know, KILL everyone. Or die. Because that's why I like stealth, it's a non-murder option. I found the proper use of stealth plenty tension creating. Getting caught meant I either had to run and feel a sense of failure, or kill and feel a worse one.

Although I, to, only played it once, I recall plenty of it. The intro with the Queen and my duel. The escape from jail - quite tense. Meeting the crazy witchwoman and then counter-ambushing her attackers. And dying, since I was on hardest diff and it hurt. Infiltrating the whorehouse. Sneaking along the rooftops and jacking the stealthed assassins. Trying to kill the people who were running me when I realised they were rotten and wishing it was PnP.

And lots of others, too.

Buy it, if you like exciting action or stealth games. Play it whichever way you prefer. Have fun. Many of us did.

Yes, I also like to play no-kill no-detection way, while collecting practically everything along the way.
Sure, stealth is not reinforced, but I find it a strength of the game, not a weakness. The game allows different play-styles, and the world changes depending on it. The whole high chaos/low chaos concept is bound with them. You can be a killing machine, finishing missions with mounds of corpses, or you can be invisible-like, and finish all missions non-lethally without anyone even noticing. The world reacts, and the ending changes. These are stakes high enough for me because I like ending the game on low chaos and golden age for Dunwall. If to force only stealth, then the half of the game will disappear, and I don't think a half of game make a better game that two halves. During the missions however you play things are tense. I actually consider Dishonored a terrific game exactly because of its dual nature, and how it is connected to the story.

I'd like this to be true, I really loved the gameplay (Blink! Blink, blink, bliiink!) and lore of the first game. If they give us a new protagonist, they better give him a personality. Corvo is the part I liked the least, or rather, not at all.

Stealth in this game is horrible, very limiting, so I went full lethal and had lots of fun. It did have some interesting alternate paths, which thankfully weren't limited to the playstyle.

Stealth in this game is horrible, very limiting, so I went full lethal and had lots of fun. It did have some interesting alternate paths, which thankfully weren't limited to the playstyle.

Yes it is

playing a mixture of stealth and lethal is good for me.

Top Bottom