Disk tray broken, can't play the game! Any solutions? :D

+
Disk tray broken, can't play the game! Any solutions? :D

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum as a user, even though I've been reading it for quite some time. I've decided to become a member today because I'm facing a problem to which I can't see a solution, and I'd like to know if there's an easy way out of it.

My problem is that I've bought a physical copy of the game, but my disk tray won't read it. It's a problem of the tray, which doesn't read any disks. I've tried downloading new drivers, but I already have the latest versions installed. My question is, is there any way to download a digital version if I have the physical one? I've already paid for it, and I wouldn't want to return the copy and get a refund since I wish to keep the physical copy - but at the same time, I don't want to pay for a digital version of a game I already own in a physical format. Is there anything I can do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your replies, and thanks to CD Project Red for the amazing game (I guess it's amazing, I'll check it out the day I can play it :p)

Yo could try going to gog.com and see if registering your activation / cd key will get you a digital backup. GOG are usually quite good like that and as CD Project and GOG are the same company it's worth a shot.

All right, I'll try that! Thanks for the info, I'm not a user of GOG and didn't know that was a possibility. I'll see if it works, and if it does I'll let you guys know in case there's someone in the same situation.

It's a pc, but at the moment I can't change the disc drive. It's not like I don't want to, but I'm working on my degree's final project and I need to work with the computer. I have never swapped the drive, so I'd like to take the pc to a shop in order to do so, and I won't do that until I've finished with the project. Nevertheless, I'd like to be able to play in the meantime, and I thought I had heard back when the different editions were announced that you would be able to download a digital copy if you bought a retail one. I'm not sure about this, so that's what I'd like to check. :)

Thanks for the reply thogh, as soon as I'm done with the final project I'll change the drive - but that won't be until July 6th at least... :/

The download code is on the back of the manual that comes with the first 3 disks, just enter it on the gog site when logged into your account and that gives you your game.

Changing the disc drive isn't to scary, it has two cables, one power one and one big lead that goes into the mother board, you'd just unplug the cables from the disc drive, unscrew/unclip the drive and slide it out. Put the new one in and reconnect the cables. Your done :D

I should note that you should unplug the machine so it is not live and don't touch any of the electrics on the boards as a static charge could damage them. (you can wear an anti static wrist band) or you can just tocuh the case on regualr intervals to ground yourself which is what i do and i've never had any accidents, pushing and pulling bits and bobs in my pc. :)

You sir have helped me a lot, can't thank you enough for your your reply. I'll give you a REDpoint, which I don't know if it's of any use but there you have it! :D Thank you again! ;)

Top Bottom