Disloyal units?

+

Qzman

Forum regular
What in the name of Melitele's melons are "disloyal units"? Just got this gem of a Journey quest where we're supposed to boost them... Are those spies? Agents? How do you tell a unit's loyalty? Spies are loyal, just to the one who played them...

Probably spies, yeah. They used to be referred to as Disloyal (non-spies were Loyal), so it's probably some (admittedly strange when the term does not exist on current cards) remnant of that.

And how to boost them?? As far as I know there are very few boost options that work also with the enemy ... I am puzzled :-S

Yes, they are spies. Either NG with the '7 point boost ennemy by 2', Ale of the ancients or easier: pincer maneuver, play a neutral spy or the NR one and boost with nenneke or visogota

I did it with Vernon Roche (Spy) and boosted him with Nenneke and the boost 3 units Alchemie Card (can't remember the Name) but using Muzzle, Sweers, Enslave or Imposter on a opponent Card and boosting that Card afterwards should also be possible.

Last edited:
I did it with Vernon Roche (Spy) and boosted him with Nenneke and the boost 3 units Alchemie Card (can't remember the Name) but using Muzzle, Sweers, Enslave or Imposter on a opponent Card and boosting that Card afterwards should also be possible.
It's not working :( snatched a unit with Muzzle and boost the hell out of it and more than 5 times. Even restarted the game to double check. I'll try to use Spies and boost them using the NG Knight and/or with Tortoise.

Qzman

Forum regular
Yep, I just verified it. Played against NG who seized my unit, but boosting it didn't progress the quest. Only when I played a spy and boosted it, it worked.

Won the game too. :howdy:

Last edited:
OK like I said I did it with Vernon Roche Spy and Nenneke which is probably the fastest and easiest way if you use Pincer Maneuver.

The seized unit's get a spy tag too so I tought they would also work, but like with a lot of quests there seem to be be some Cards that doesn't get counted.

Mine approach was (6 spies - 1 extra for increasing probability) Cantarella, Roderick of Dun Tynne, 2x Emissary, 2x Duchess's Informant, (1 quest finisher) Yennefer of Vengerberg, (1 game "not loser") Cahir Dyffryn and (1 combo stabilizer) Royal Decree.

I added some more cards like Defender to protect Cahir, swarm cards like Impera Brigade, Daerlan Soldiers, that bonded neutral card with camel to make Yennefer effective for me etc ... and I ended up with interesting, fun to play, casual deck, that not only did the quest, but it was also entertaining to play.

If you are ng, This can also be accomplished with a hawker smuggler / king of beggars boosting a spy in your hand.

Top Bottom