Dismemberment in TW3

+
If they did it not in a "FUCK YEAH" way but in a more "Holy shit Geralt" way I wouldn't mind guts too, but gory stuff like that has a high risk of being overdone.
I wouldn't mind very quick non cutscene gory kill animations too, like geralt thrusting through a guys stomach or Geralt slicing the carotid.

And please please please CDPR for gods saake!! Bring back this animation from W2!! I'm begging you!! please!!

1:29

[video=youtube;Sq-uMIZGETs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-uMIZGETs[/video]

When was that ever in Witcher 2?

In light of some recent posts I decided to EDIT the topic a little for lazy ones that just read the first comment and miss the point of an entire thread.
@King Milhouse

I would love for all those plunging attacks to be back, but they probably won't. I didn't see Geralt using any stabbing attacks, probably because it wouldn't leave a body dismembered so yeah, guess we have another reason ;)

Last edited:
The dismemberment and blood everywhere were two changes that i liked from the gameplay. It adds a lot to immersion. And fits totally to the witcher world. If you read the books the fights were brutal.

I think dismemberment should be less frequent, but I'm ok with them.
Maybe their occurrance rate should be higher on reversals or parries or on unguarded opponents.
I'd say that, until now, I haven't seen any thrust final blows.
I hope they will be implemented in the combat system.

I read the series in January- Feb this year, so its all very fresh in my memory, I can give you Three examples just off the top o my head when he does that:
1: Michelet brothers
2:Blaviken
3: When he murders the 8 unarmed half naked bandits in Brokilon

To be fair, the Michelet brothers died with all their parts attached to their bodies. I read that part yesterday to figure out if Geralt cut their arms, or something. I also had the same impression but nope.

So yeah, it's rather obvious that HE DIDN'T butcher anything and everyone in his path, just some exceptions.

The dismemberment and blood everywhere were two changes that i liked from the gameplay. It adds a lot to immersion. And fits totally to the witcher world. If you read the books the fights were brutal.
You mean the blood that disappeared after two seconds? Oh yeah, great.... :p

@StaGiors
Sapkowski explicitly describes how geralt felt his sword breaking through one of the michelet's spine, and he sliced one of their hands off didn't he?

Last edited:
Yeah who would have thought, swords actually cutting things :D

yes, sarcasm

Well if 95 stands for your birth date it's not a wonder that you love it :). Please read the rest of the topic before replying, it's not a combat issue.

You offend me aswell if you are taking a piss on us born 95.

Personally I love it, man it's brutal and cool. I fucking love gory stuff and bloddy battles.

(if you have seen the battle with Oberyn vs the mountain in game of thrones)
That is one of the most brutal battles I have ever seen, and i love it, brutal as balls, screams that cuts deep, and gory as fuck.

I have no problem with gore, torture scenes nor bloody battles, infact I love it, in skyrim I always play with high decap chance.

I think it's cool.
then again, i have been called verge on being a psychopath more then once.
but i vote it stays in, it makes combat more interesting and less bland.
combine the witcher styles with finishers like that and I am sold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom